Party venues in maryland for birthdays
Green Parties of the World
2010.01.21 05:59 walksonground Green Parties of the World
This is a subreddit for news about Green Parties, Green candidates, and Green politics from around the world.
2016.10.10 17:12 Party Theme Ideas
Ideas for party themes, really for anything ranging from afterparties, weekends, frat parties, birthdays, etc. Most of these themes are appropriate for people 13+, but some are 18+.
2012.09.20 22:55 Xenophon1 The Futurist Party
2023.05.29 05:07 Zilloclaw The Moonshadow Slave
It was a dark and dangerous night in the Midnight desert, with the Soulfang serpents lurking around, waiting to sink their fangs into a victim to consume their soul.
Luckily, though there was an oasis in the desert, and a new group, Team Zym, was safe inside of it. Two members of this group had been there before, but the rest hadn’t.
“This place is beautiful!” The young King Ezran exclaimed as he took in the oasis; a lush green area contained in a huge magical shield.
“Yes it is,” Ezran’s older half-brother, Callum, agreed.
“Yeah, but we should probably get some rest,” Rayla said.
After their failure to get the clue to the location of Aaravos’s prison from Rex Igneous, the group had gone back to Katolis to think. They had realized that the next clue to Aaravos’s prison was in the possession of the Archdragon of the Ocean, but they needed a guide to that dragon. And while Callum and Rayla had travelled with Nyx the Skywing, they had learned that she knew a lot about the ocean. So they had travelled back into the Midnight Desert to try and find her, but they had had no luck.
So Team Zym had gone to the Oasis and now they settled down to sleep.
Ezran, Bait and Zym slept next to each other.
Rayla and Callum on the other hand, lay apart from each other.
Rayla sighed as she wished she could sleep next to Callum. During their journey to return the Dragon Prince to his mother, they had fallen in love and shared several kisses, but later, Rayla’s lingering anger and grief over the loss of her parents and her mentor at the hands of the ruthless dark mage Lord Viren had led her to leave Callum to seek revenge. She had lied to him that they would look for Viren together, and then left him on his BIRTHDAY of all days.
Callum had already forgiven Rayla, but things were still awkward between them. They both wanted things to go back to the way they were, but they both knew they needed to rebuild the trust between them again.
But it wasn’t just the awkwardness, something else was happening.
Rayla and Callum were both eighteen now; officially adults. They still felt deeply for each other, and something new unfamiliar feeling had awakened within them. A nice warm feeling.
Looking Callum, sleeping so peacefully now, Rayla wanted more than anything to be lie down beside him, but she restrained herself.
Rayla knew that the awkwardness between her and Callum was her fault. She may have had good reasons for leaving, but that did not change the fact that she had deceived and abandoned him. Regret pierced Rayla’s heart as she thought of how her own desire for revenge had almost cost her the one last person who truly loved her. I was so obsessed with revenge that I almost lost him for good, she thought.
Rayla needed to think, and she couldn’t think clearly staring at her handsome prince mage. So she stood up and walked to another place near the edge of the oasis. She sat down upon a log and looked out into the desert, letting her confused thoughts flow through her head. She wanted more than anything than to get back with Callum, but how could she regain his trust?
Furthermore, she couldn’t think of a way to deal with these strange new warm feelings of hers. This… lust. She wanted Callum in a way she had wanted no one before.
Rayla was a beautiful Moonshadow Elf; a type of elf that drew power from the magical energy of the moon. As an elf, she had four fingers on each of her petite hands, dark violet stubby horns and pointed ears that peeked out from underneath her hair. She was slim and willowy with shoulder-length white hair, light pink skin, and purple eyes that had indigo tear-like elven markings underneath them. She wore a braid on the right side of her head. She also wore a form fitting teal and navy bodysuit secured by a black vest, dark brown straps, and a dark brown belt embellished with a silver brooch. The outfit was topped off with thigh-high navy blue boots and bracers. Now that she was eighteen and officially an adult, Rayla’s body had become a bit curvier, and her breasts had grown a little larger and perkier. And with the maturing of her body came new feelings.
A sudden touch on Rayla’s hand startled her. She looked up, expecting to see Callum. But it wasn’t. It was Stella, the female cuddlemonkey she had found and adopted while hunting Viren. “Oh, hey Stella,” Rayla cooed, giving the little primate a gentle touch on the nose. Stella chirped gently, looking at Rayla with huge eyes.
Rayla sighed. “Ah, I don’t know what to do Stella. I want Callum to trust me again, and I… I want him, but I don’t know how to get back with him.”
Stella gently nuzzled Rayla’s four-fingered hand. “Thanks, Stella, but there are problems you can’t nuzzle away,” Rayla said gently, appreciating the gesture, but knowing it could not make her problems go away.
Rayla’s thoughts drifted back to Callum; his handsome face, his powerful magic, and she felt the strange hot feeling in her body again. It seemed to burn like a fire in her skin. What could she do with these feelings?
For a long time, Rayla just sat there, thinking her strange thoughts and feeling her strange feelings.
Then, quite suddenly, Rayla became aware that Stella was not beside anymore. “Stella?” She asked, looking around. When Rayla look over her shoulder, she gasped, her purple eyes widening in shock and horror.
Standing several feet behind her was a huge, green creature, dressed in armor and with a green face like a pig. It was holding Stella tight in its hands and keeping one hand tight over the cuddlemonkey’s mouth to keep her from screaming.
“Hey, let her go!” Rayla cried, leaping to her feet and reaching for her butterfly blades. But before she could even touch them, two long, strong, green arms swung down and wrapped a large, white kerchief around Rayla’s mouth, sealing it shut.
“HYRAGMMMHHGAMMMMPH!” Rayla sputtered incoherently through her gag. Instinctively, she grabbed it and tried to pull it off, but the creature that was pulling the gag against her lips was too strong. It tied the gag behind the nape of her neck in a VERY hard knot, sealing her mouth tight shut and muffling her voice. “LHH MHH GHH!” Rayla whined through her gag. “LHH MHH GHH! MMMMMMPH!”
The creature behind Rayla seized her arms and forced them behind her back. Then, there was a jingling sound something made of metal and had chains was whipped out. Next moment, there was clicking sound as a pair of iron shackles was slapped onto Rayla’s slender wrists. “OWRMPH!” Rayla gasped through her gag as she felt the cold metal snap onto her wrists. That HURT! She thought.
Rayla was quite helpless now; with her mouth tightly gagged, her wrists cuffed behind the small of her back, and her shoulders held tightly by the creature behind her, she couldn’t move. “GHH OFHH MHH! LHH GHH! MMMMMMMPH!” Rayla whined through her gag, wriggling and thrashing will all her might, but the creature was too strong.
Rayla was able to take one last look at Stella before the creature forced her to turn around, revealing itself to be yet another big, green, armored, two-legged creature with a boar-like face. Before Rayla could do anything, the creature raised its right hand, curled it into a fist, and PUNCHED Rayla square in the forehead!
“OWRMPH!” Rayla grunted through her tight gag as the creature punched her so hard that her white-haired head buckled under the blow. Rayla straightened up. She felt stiff and then dizzy. Her purple eyes rolled in her head and her vision went foggy. Then, very slowly, the beautiful Moonshadow Elf fell to the ground, blacking out before she even hit it.
The two Gamorreans looked down at their new captive with satisfaction. They had been sent by their master to hunt for new slaves, and they had found one.
They looked at each other and smiled in their own hideous way. “Jabba will be pleased,” they said in unison.
To be continued...
submitted by Zilloclaw
to jabbaslavefanfiction [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 05:07 hogsout333 Creating Pluto Jackson
So my players just met Pluto Jackson and he helped them take King's Gate from the Troll King..... which was as awesome as it sounds. I introduced him to the party as a tie-in if the party wants to play into the larger contenient with the release of SCGD once we're done with the main campaign. He came to the party with a platoon of 20 House Jackson knights looking for fame, glory and to build diplomatic relations as one of my players is an heir to the thrown looking to restore Drakkenheim and Westemar as a whole.
The players really liked Pluto. I portrayed him as a braggart in typical Caspian fashion but a solid fighter. So far he has some basics; two attacks, a flame tongue long sword (I thought fitting for a troll hunter,) shield master and I am debating throwing lucky in their....
My party consists of five level nine characters who, I love to death, but are a bunch of filthy mid maxers (for the dms coming for my throat, I say this to their faces and we laugh about it all the time.) I don't want Pluto to overpower the party but I want him to be a solid ally. I don't want him to have any of the Saint Vitruvio items as one of my players PQs involves that. Also, that same player already has a javelin of lightning but I guess there could be two of those.
So what do you guys think? I've already told the group that House Jackson (again this is my party an I's world, it might not fit the exact description in either book or the show) is a smaller Caspian house but fierce. They are great with the sword and board and excel with javelins. Pluto already charged three trolls by himself at Kings Gate, so they know he swings first and thinks second.
submitted by hogsout333
to dungeonsofdrakkenheim [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 05:06 CaliforniaGirl997 Its my birthday
I turned 26 today and spent the entire day inside, avoiding death. After not eating anything yesterday + drinking insane amounts of tequila, I am so blessed to be alive. The pain was/is absolutely excruciating. Felt my body shutting down, my consciousness and soul leaving my body... projectile vomiting all over the floor, unable to move or even speak. Couldn't even keep water down. After hours of this brutal agony, I was able to drink 1/2 a beer and tiny sips of tequila. I just took a Clonazepam because I can't stop shaking from the withdrawal. I've been drinking since age 14 but its been a daily thing for... I don't remember how long. I'm 5'6 and around 130lbs, and yet my tolerance is so high that I can go through an entire handle in a day or two. I have problems breathing and daily chest pain / arrhythmias, so I'm honestly really scared to sleep tonight and maybe not wake up. My high school sweetheart was murdered on his birthday last year in July. He wanted to see me for my last birthday and had a gift for me, but I made plans with someone else. I'm kicking myself for it now, since I will never see him again. The last time we spoke was when I called him to say Happy Birthday, and he died 2 hours after our conversation. I don't want to make this post too long so I'll stop here, but this was definitely a wake up call for me and I'm hopeful to begin this second chapter of my life without alcohol.
submitted by CaliforniaGirl997
to cripplingalcoholism [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 05:06 JiBro Hyperburn Preparation + LF Boss Party
Hi, I am planning on making a Mechanic as Hyper Burning in BERA and would like to extend further and gather a group of people to boss with.
I am F2P, just wondering what I need to prepare beforehand for easy flow of growth. I'm not too concerned about Equips (will probably survive on Event Gear), exp coupons (Monster Park box) etc... How many nodestones would I need to get all the required trios?
What else would you recommend?
In terms of Boss Party, I'm based in Oceania, so whoever is comfortable with Oceania timeframes, feel free to join! Would be fun to form a group to go bossing with.
submitted by JiBro
to Maplestory [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 05:05 Overcast7 I'm tired of being weird, unattractive and cringe
There's literally not a single thing I do in my life that isn't absolute cringe. Just now I pet a stranger's head by accident because I mistook them for one of my siblings at a family party. They said they didn't mind when I said sorry, but they looked like they really did. I want to end my existence. Just fucking end it. I'm a disgusting piece a of trash that doesn't deserve to breathe or exist. I can't even behave like a normal human being at a family gathering, I'm worthless.
submitted by Overcast7
to SuicideWatch [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 05:05 12LA12 I have lived in KTown for 13 years. Tomorrow I move. AMA about KTown?
I'm out tomorrow. Got a house in San Pedro and ready for house and beach life. I have seen, ate, drank, fucked, partied, and then ate and drank some more my way through Ktown. If you have questions or want recommendations. Ask away?
submitted by 12LA12
to AskLosAngeles [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 05:03 Edward2704 Don Jr. 2024 Montana Senate Race running against Jon Tester full mod writing (keep in mind that Don Jr. owns a ranch in Montana)
Italics = advisor feedback
- Congratulations Don Jr., after a contentious primary with Matt Rosendale and Greg Gianforte, you have emerged victorious in the Republican primary. What will be your opening statement as you pivot towards the general Montana senate election with Jon Tester?
- Why screw up this thing. I’ll run a low-risk campaign and cruise to victory. After all, my dad is the Republican nominee for president, so I can certainly ride his coattails to victory “This might work but don’t underestimate Jon Tester, he’s quite popular in Montana”
- I want to nationalize this race as much as possible and attack Jon Tester relentlessly, Tester has voted in lockstep with Biden and Pelosi “This might work, but most Montanans are more focused on state issues rather than national issues”
- I want to appear with my dad, Donald Trump, as much as possible as I campaign “People want to see you differentiate yourself from dad occasionally, and this doesn’t help much”
- I want to denationalize this race as much as possible. I want to take pictures of myself on my Montana ranch and focus on the farmers and workers in this state “nationalizing this race is your best chance, considering that your father is the Republican nominee for president”
- Due to the rural nature of Montana, the average Montanan spends more on gas than almost any other state in the country, and as gas prices continue to rise, what would you do to lower them?
- I would work with Senator John Thune to construct the Dakota Access Pipeline, which will transport gas faster and thus drop the price of gas, unlike Biden and the Democrats who want to shut down the construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline “This is good in that it criticizes the Democrats while also offering a different solution.”
- The way you lower gas prices is by getting Biden and the Democrats out of the office and putting in Trump and the Republicans, as gas prices were nowhere near as high as they were when Trump was president “This attack somewhat damaged Biden, but the damage is limited because people want to know what you would do differently from him.”
- One thing we could do to lower gas prices is to switch sides in the Russia-Ukraine war and side with an oil-rich Russia, rather than siding with oil-poor Ukraine, and we could get more oil through deals with Russia “Are you insane?”
- RNG. Your father, who is running for president from within a prison cell, has asked if you could attend one of his rallies that are being held from just outside his prison cell where he will be visible to the large crowd through the window of his prison cell in New York. Would you like to attend this rally outside the prison?
- Yes, I would “Good news, the rally outside of Trump’s prison cell was just the right size, in that it was large enough to fire up Trump’s base in Montana, but not so large that it would grab the attention of the liberal media. Good job”
- Yes, I would. “Bad news, the rally outside of Trump’s prison cell had a lot of both trump supporters and protestors and the two groups quickly turned violent and it drew an enormous amount of media attention and you are getting badly hurt by the controversy.”
- No, I wouldn’t “Good news, the Montana people respected your ability to be removed from national politics of a rally outside of Trump’s prison cell.”
- No, I wouldn't “Bad news, Trump’s base is furious at you for not showing up to your father’s rally from outside of Trump’s prison cell.”
- Inflation continues to ravage the nation. How will you put an end to it?
- We’re gonna stop handing out money and stop all this nonsense spending. “This has fired up your core supporters, but most independents are worried about this kind of messaging.”
- I would like to reduce tariffs and remove regulatory barriers “Trump’s tariffs are popular with the Trump wing of the Republican party, but this answer should win over more libertarian-minded Republicans”
- The destructive conflict between Ukraine and Russia continues to go on. How will you put an end to it if at all?
- I will urge for American neutrality in the Ukraine-Russia war “You’ve pleased your diehard base, but most independents want America to side with Ukraine during this destructive conflict”
- I will keep the current path of issuing sanctions against Russia “This is probably the best answer to please the majority of Montanans.”
- I will urge America to get involved on Ukraine’s side against Russia “This wins over independents at the expense of winning over your base.”
- I will urge the UN to create a demilitarized zone on the Ukraine-Russia border and urge Ukraine and Russia to come to a comprehensive peace treaty “This wins over the neocons in your party at the expense of the Trump wing of your party.”
- China has repeatedly made threats against Taiwan, and there have been fears that China might invade Taiwan. How will you prevent this from happening?
- This is Taiwan’s problem, not ours “This wins over the hardcore isolationists in your party at the expense of mainstream Americans”
- We will issue sanctions against China if they choose to invade Taiwan “This is probably the best answer to please the majority of Montanans”
- I urge America to intervene in this conflict against China “Are you insane, no one wants war with China!”
- I will urge China and Taiwan to create a demilitarized zone between them and a comprehensive peace treaty “This might be a good strategy”
- There continue to be migrants and drugs that are flowing across the southern border. What would you do to stop this from happening?
- We need to strengthen our border security and build a wall “This is a good solution to win over the hard-core Trumpsits in your party”
- Look, this is Montana, we are nowhere near the southern border. Do we need to campaign on this issue? “Fair enough”
- We need a compromise solution of granting the illegals in this country a pathway to citizenship in return for building a stronger immigration enforcement system “This is a good way to win over independent voters”
8. Jon Tester, despite being a senator from Montana, one of the most pro-gun states in America, strongly came out in favor of gun control after the Uvalde shooting. What is your opinion on gun control
- The Democrats are using school shootings as an excuse to take away our 2nd amendment rights “This attack is mildly successful, but the damage is limited because people want to know what you would do differently to stop school shootings”
- We need more armed guards at the front of schools to prevent these shootings, not to take away guns “This is an interesting solution”
- We need to spend more money on mental health clinics to treat these dangerous individuals “This wins over the Trump wing of social conservatives, but many fiscal conservatives are uncomfortable talking about this much government spending”
- Abortion has become an increasingly important issue throughout America, how will you deal with this issue
- I will pass a law that will ban abortion nationwide “This fires up your base at the expense of independents”
- This isn’t our problem. We will let the people of each state decide that for ourselves “This fires up independents at the expense of the base”
- We should pass a law that bans travel from one state to another or traveling from one country to another to receive an abortion “This should meet the fine line of appealing to your base while also winning over independents.”
- Now onto more state-centered issues. The state of Montana has an enormous amount of agriculture, farms, and ranches, and the amount they make has been decreasing. How will you plan to deal with this
- I will fight for Montana exports in trade deals “ an unusual position for a Republican to take, but this could work”
- This isn’t a problem we can solve, this is for the free market “This is a more traditional platform to run on as a Republican, but not a popular one amongst the Montana people.”
- RNG Will you agree to debate Jon Tester?
- Yes I will “You won”
- Yes I will “You and Tester tied”
- Yes I will “You lost”
- No, we have a massive lead “People don’t trust you if you don’t debate, expect this to hurt you badly”
- RNG You are meeting with Libertarian candidate Rick Breckenridge, to see if you can convince him to drop out and endorse you.
- I hope he drops out "Good news. He dropped out."
- I hope he drops out "Bad news. He doesn't drop out."
- There's no way around it. Although you own a ranch in Montana, Montana is not your state of permanent residence and many view you as a carpet bagger. How do you plan to respond?
- I will counter-attack by showing Tester as a DC insider who is out of touch with Montanan values "This doesn't work well, as Tester routinely tours the state"
- I will tout my outsider credentials as an advantage, as I can reform Montana from the outside to Make Montana Great Again “MMGA”
- Which Montana Republican would you like to go on tour with today?
- I would like to go on tour with Montana’s governor, Greg Gianforte “Well this didn’t work out well, as many are still angry about the incident that Greg Gianforte caused in 2017 when he ran for the house and bragged on social media about how he was so far ahead in the polls that he could beat up a reporter and still win, then proceeded to beat up a reporter and still narrowly won. Expect to take a dip in the polls.”
- I would like to go on tour with Montana’s incumbent Republican senator, Steve Daines “This worked out well, as Steve Daines is broadly popular amongst conservatives and independents”
- I would like to go on tour with Matt Rosendale, who ran for the Montana senate seat in 2018 and lost “Campaigning with Matt Rosendale offends no one, but pleases no one either”
- News has broken out about how your girlfriend, Kimberly Gilfoyle, has been fired from Fox News for sexual harassment. How do you want to do damage control?
- As much as I love my girlfriend, I have no control over her behavior and I condemn this incident of behavior completely “This is probably the best you could do given this bad situation”
- Who cares, this is my girlfriend’s sexual harassment case, not mine “Well, you’re the one who’s dating her, so this makes you look bad.”
- I condemn my girlfriend completely for this behavior and I am breaking up with her for it “This is a strong answer which could win over women voters, but this only draws more attention to an incident that already looks incredibly ugly”
- How would you like to attack Jon Tester if at all?
- We need to emphasize that Jon Tester has voted with Joe Biden 91% of the time. Jon Tester pretends to distance himself from Biden, but Tester is just one of Biden’s puppets who happens to be in a Trump +16 state “That’s it, hit Tester where it hurts!”
- We need to emphasize that Jon Tester is out of touch with Montana values lives in Washington DC and constantly votes in lockstep with Nancy Pelosi and votes for drag queens and transing the kids “This attack doesn’t win over independents, but it sure does fire up the base”
- We should run compare and contrast ads between Kyrsten Sinema and Jon Tester, showing how Sinema is in a bluish-purple state and constantly stabs Biden in the back while Jon Tester is from a deep red state and constantly votes lock step with Biden “This ad was incredibly effective”
- We should run ads of gas prices soaring under Tester and Biden, while gas prices were falling under Trump Sr. and will continue to fall under Trump Jr. “This ad was mild to moderately effective, but voters want to know what specific policy you will implement to lower gas prices
- One interesting idea that has been proposed by many Democrats is to put abortion clinics on Native American reservations, as their lands aren’t governed by the US. Montana has some of the most native reservations in the country. What are your thoughts on this?
- This is an abhorrent practice that will lead to more children being killed as a loophole around the Dobbs .vs. Jackson's case allowed each state to choose whether or not to allow abortion “This answer fires up the base but hurts you with independents”
- I don’t care either way, this is up for the leaders of the native reservations to decide themselves “This might be the best you can do with a difficult question like this”
- Small government means small government, therefore lands that are not on American soil should be allowed to build abortion clinics to serve the public, as we are the party of small government that favors bodily autonomy “This answer helps with independents and hurts with the base”
- Not to talk too much about abortion, but a new bill has been proposed in the Montana State House that would criminalize pregnant Montanans for traveling out of state or out of the country to receive an abortion elsewhere. What are your thoughts on this bill?
- I think Montana should ban all abortions within its borders, but banning Montana residents from traveling out of state or out of the country to receive an abortion elsewhere is too harsh “No one loves this answer, but no one hates it either”
- Being pro-life means being all the way pro-life, which means that we should criminalize out-of-state and out-of-country travel to receive an abortion elsewhere “Your base eats this up, but this stance makes independents gag”
- As a Republican, I naturally believe in making government as small as possible, meaning that native american reservations should be allowed to have abortion clinics and that people should be allowed to travel out of state and out of the country to receive abortions “Independents are lining up behind you, but your base is threatening to stay home”
- RNG. The Montana state legislature has just passed new laws banning Tribal ID cards and requiring you to present your address to vote, which Native Americans on reservations don’t have as a way to stop Native Americans, who disproportionately vote Democrat, from voting. What are your thoughts on this?
- This should help me win “Good news, Native Americans aren’t getting the new IDs and addresses necessary for voting for Tester, so this will help you.”
- This should help me win “Bad news, Native Americans are now turning out in higher numbers than ever before and are getting the new IDs and licenses necessary to vote. Expect this to hurt you.”
20. You have talked about reducing the amount of money that we spend to reduce inflation. Where would you like to make cuts in spending
- I don’t know, everywhere maybe “This is not specific enough, and Jon Tester’s mediscare strategy is working eerily well”
- First, cuts will be made to foreign aid “In general, if you have to cut anything, cut foreign aid first, then again, most Americans are supportive of Ukraine in their war against Russia, so this might also backfire”
- We should cut farming subsidies and allow farmers to properly partake in the free market “Montana is a very agricultural state, so this doesn’t play well”
- Jon Tester has attacked you with an attack ad of you speaking with your father and Rudi Giuliani at the Save America rally on January 6th where you tell the crowd to stand up and fight as they proceed to walk towards the capital and invade it. How will you react
- This was a poor choice of words for me. Although I said the word fight in a physical sense, what I meant to say was fought in a metaphorical stance by protesting the certification of the 2020 election “This might be the best thing you can say to keep your base on your side while not angering independents”
- I played no role in causing the violence that most people did on January 6th as I meant to fight in a metaphorical sense, not in a literal sense. It should be noted that only a small portion of people that attended that rally on January 6th broke into the capital “Most voters believe that you played a role on January 6th, and this answer doesn’t help”
- These people who entered the capital were brain-dead idiots who thought this would be a good idea. Why should I be responsible for their actions “You were the one who encouraged them to do it.”
- Montana has one of the slowest internet speeds in the country due to its rural location. Would you be willing to spend government money to increase the internet speed in Montana?
- I understand the urge to help Montanans with slow internet, but this is a function best served by private companies, not the government “This helps with the base, but hurts with independents”
- We need to spend government money to help Montanans with slow internet “This helps with independents but hurts the base”
- Do you plan to pass more laws to engage in culture wars and ban drag story hour, and critical race theory
- No, these culture wars about drag story hour just distract from the main issues at hand “Some sense a missed opportunity to win points amongst the base, but others appreciate you for not constantly attacking”
- Yes, we need to protect our children from drag story hour and critical race theory “This will win you points amongst your base but hurt you with independents and libertarian-minded voters.”
- What will be your ending message as this campaign draws to a close?
- Don’t let Jon Tester fool you, he’s no moderate and he votes for Biden 91% of the time. Tester is Biden, and Biden is bad. Tester is Biden’s puppet. Make sure to vote for my dad for president and me for the senate. “This is probably a good strategy considering how Tester votes for Biden 91% of the time, and although Tester is somewhat popular in the state, Biden is not.”
- I want to hold a big rally in a field in Billings with a jumbotron where my dad is presented on the big screen from prison. My dad Trump Sr. will carry Montana by double digits, so all I have to do is ride his coattails to victory “Your dad is popular in Montana, so tying yourself to him as closely as possible might be a good idea.”
- I want to nationalize this race as much as possible. A vote for me is a vote for my dad who is running for president, while a vote for Tester is a vote for Biden “This is a good strategy, as you will need your dad’s momentum to gain victory in this senate race.”
- Where in Montana will you spend your last days campaigning
- I will campaign in the Helena area around Lewis and Clark and Cascade counties. Tester may have won them in 2018, but Trump won them in 2020, so with one last push, we should flip them red
- I will campaign in the rural eastern parts of the state to maximize conservative turnout such as in Custer and Prairie counties
- I will expand my appeal by campaigning in the rural northern parts of the state with Native American reservations such as Glacier County
- I will campaign in the Missoula area, a traditionally liberal area and college town in Missoula County
submitted by Edward2704
to thecampaigntrail [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 05:03 Skwigle Bing vs ChatHPT 3.5 for travel advice
Just for fun, I asked the exact same question to both and was surprised at just how bad Bing's answer was. It was astoundingly bad considering it uses gpt 4.
My question: "what is there to do in Cebu?"
ChatGPT 3.5's answer:
Cebu, a province in the Philippines, offers a wide range of activities and attractions for visitors. Here are some popular things to do in Cebu:
1. Visit historical landmarks: Explore the historical sites in Cebu City, such as Magellan's Cross, Basilica Minore del Santo Niño, Fort San Pedro, and Colon Street—the oldest street in the Philippines.
2. Island hopping: Cebu is surrounded by beautiful islands. Take a boat tour and visit popular destinations like Mactan Island, Malapascua Island, Bantayan Island, and Camotes Islands. Enjoy pristine beaches, snorkeling, diving, and relaxing in these tropical paradises.
3. Swim with whale sharks: Head to Oslob, located in the southern part of Cebu, and experience swimming alongside gentle whale sharks. It's an incredible opportunity to get up close with these majestic creatures.
4. Explore Kawasan Falls: Located in Badian, Kawasan Falls is a breathtaking three-tiered waterfall. Enjoy swimming in the crystal-clear turquoise waters, bamboo rafting, and canyoneering through the nearby rivers and cliffs.
5. Discover Moalboal: Known for its stunning marine life, Moalboal offers fantastic snorkeling and diving opportunities. Don't miss the famous Sardine Run, where you can witness a massive school of sardines.
6. Take a trip to Sumilon Island: Visit Sumilon Island, known for its white sandy beaches and crystal-clear waters. Snorkel or dive in the marine sanctuary, go kayaking, or simply relax and enjoy the island's beauty.
7. Enjoy local cuisine: Cebu is renowned for its delicious food. Indulge in mouthwatering dishes like lechon (roasted pig), seafood, danggit (dried fish), and sutukil (a local dining experience where you choose fresh seafood, which is then cooked to your preference).
8. Visit Taoist Temple: Situated in the Beverly Hills area of Cebu City, the Taoist Temple is a serene and beautiful place to explore. It offers panoramic views of the city and provides insights into Taoist beliefs.
9. Shop at Carbon Market: Dive into Cebu's bustling local scene at Carbon Market, one of the largest public markets in the city. It's an excellent place to shop for fresh produce, local handicrafts, and souvenirs.
10. Enjoy nightlife in Cebu City: Explore the vibrant nightlife in Cebu City, particularly around Mango Avenue and the IT Park area. Find bars, clubs, live music venues, and a wide variety of entertainment options.
These are just a few of the many things you can do in Cebu. The province has much more to offer, so make sure to explore and discover its hidden gems during your visit.
Cebu is a beautiful place with many things to do. You can visit Fort San Pedro which is a military defense structure built by Spanish conquistador, Miguel López de Legazpi in 1565². You can also visit the Taoist Temple which is a multi-tiered temple built by Cebu's Chinese community in 1972³. If you're into diving and snorkeling, Moalboal is one of the best places to visit in Cebu for divers and snorkelers. Here you can explore colorful coral and swim with exotic fish in crystal clear turquoise waters⁴.
Nothing about Kawasan Falls or Oslob's whale sharks, and even though it mentioned Moalboal, there's nothing about one of its most popular attraction, the sardine run.
Neither mentioned Bohol nearby, which was a bit surprising, too.
submitted by Skwigle
to ChatGPT [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 05:03 Hot-Adhesiveness-814 Looking for Aristocats Animation Cels!
Hey, all! I hope all of you are doing well. I'm new to the animation cel scene, so I figured this community would be a great place to start. My girlfriend's birthday is coming up, and as a present, I wanted to give her an authentic animation cel from the first movie we watched together; Aristocats. I've been an uncultured man most of my life, and she's been gradually introducing me to all forms of culture, from songs to shows to movies. I wanted to gift her an animation cel from Aristocats, the first movie she introduced me to, as a thank you for everything, however I have been mostly unsuccessful in tracking down options.
eBay has one or two and other sites don't have any available, so not many, but I do understand movie cels, especially those made decades ago AND by Disney in general, are hard to come by. If anyone has external links to any sites or places to buy Aristocats animation cels OR has any of their own they are willing to sell, I'd greatly appreciate your input.
That's all, just wanted to keep this straight to the point to spare you all the time. Thanks again!
submitted by Hot-Adhesiveness-814
to AnimationCels [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 05:02 Camo_The_New_Black Looking for Lucrezia Belladonna proxy
I'm building a Tilean army and I am looking for a good proxy model for Lucrezia. Everything I can find from 3rd party 3D printers or alternative wargames are all women wearing full armor on horseback. The only thing I can find that sort of matches the design is some Bretonnian sorceress proxies but the dresses they wear aren't quite what I'm looking for.
Lucrecia is mounted on horseback, should be wearing something provocative but still believable, and preferably has a sword. She is supposed to be one of the most beautiful women in the world(THE most if you ask a Tilean), so I'm trying to avoid ugly sculpts. I know I'm asking a lot but if someone has anything that fits that description I'd be really appreciative.
submitted by Camo_The_New_Black
to WarhammerFantasy [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 05:02 No-Present6088 I (18f) Have a Crush On my Friend (28m)
This is a repost, it got deleted as spam :(
So I, (18f) have a crush on my 28 year old friend. I say "crush" but well, de nile is a river in Egypt...
I am not sure how to format this post so I shall divide it into sections:
Why, when, how
- Why, when, and how
- concerns and instances
- advice needed
This is an odd situation for me, I identify as demisexual/demiromantic, so it is very hard for me to form romantic attractions to people, to the point where I have questioned whether I am aro/ace. So I am not sure how to conduct myself in this situation. I don't want to give too much information as to how we met, as it would give me away (He is an active reddit user LOL). But I will say, we have many mutual friends and have been in each other's circles for the past two years, but we never conversed or hung out together until December of last year. He is very shy, quiet, and introverted. Which I am the completely opposite. To put it plainly, he has/had no social presence. To the point where I have no memories of him before he made it on my radar last December. We started talking and garnering more than an acquaintanceship with each other last December and have made it all the way up to a solid friendship. I hung around him when I had the chance (we would see each other multiple times a week) and I couldn't help but find myself attracted to him, emotionally and mentally. I will say, he isn't the most conventionally attractive, however I find him positively adorable. I didn't think much of my attraction towards him, I just thought we were good friends and I liked talking to him. Fast forward to February/March, and we got put into situations where it was just the two of us together. None of our other friends, just us. And we talked. Talked and talked, about how we grew up, about our likes and dislikes, our views on relationships, etc. We talked about anything and everything. He told me things he had never told anyone before, and I with him. I didn't realize I held deeper feelings toward him until the middle of April. I don't have much experience with liking people or relationships, as I had never been in a serious one. So I didn't realize the feelings I had was more than that of just friends. I realized when I was driving home one day and started smiling to myself when thinking of an interaction we had earlier, honestly it was like a slap in the face.
I like him because he is sweet, kind, he doesn't make me feel stupid when I ask questions, he has a nice smile, he is funny. We don't have much in common but that doesn't stop conversation from flowing between us. But we can also just sit in silence and be left to our own devices. And really all the little things... Onto my concerns, which there are... many.
The first thing I will address is the age gap, and consequently our ages. Yes, I see a problem with our ages. We are in very different stages in our life, so the likelihood of anything happening is very very slim. I know some of you will think it is weird for us to be friends granted our ages, but given the context of how we met it isn't odd to me.
He probably see's me as just a kid, the chances of him liking me back is very very low. And I don't blame him. But in one of our many conversations he had said that ages don't entirely matter to him, as long as both parties are consenting adults. So I couldn't help but give myself some unwanted hope... also if we were to get together that would be very hard to explain to friends and family LOL. Also I feel that I should note, I did not start liking him until after I turned 18, and I was not flirting with him until so.
I also am moving in August for college. I will be in a completely different state, thousands of miles away, and we have both expressed our dislike for long distance relationships. So that wouldn't work out, even IF there were to be a chance of there being an "us".
Another concern is that I feel guilty for liking him. I feel like my feelings would burden him if he were to know of them. He and our other friends have thanked me for bringing him out of his shell and helping him be more out there. I didn't do it on purpose, and I don't see how I did it. All I did was talk to him and be friends with him. I worry that if he were to discover my feelings he would feel betrayed? I don't want him to question any interactions I had with him, and I don't want him to think I had ulterior motives throughout our friendship. Most importantly I don't want to make him uncomfortable.
The thing is I am not well versed with liking people, romantic affairs, or anything of the sort. I have a tendency to read into things and overthink situations. Where logically I know he meant nothing of it, but I can't help to think what if?
There was an instance where I texted him while drunk. I don't consider it a random drunk text because we had been texting through the day. And at around midnight where I had laid down to go to bed we started texting about the people we like... He started it, not me. So really, I had no choice but to break the rule and talk to my crush about my crush. He likes this girl who lives in another state, but he plans on doing nothing/getting rid of feelings for her due to it being long distance and he thinks she has no interest in him. And he was telling me about her a bit so naturally I started talking about my own crush. And I was drunk, so I ended up divulging some information that would have given away that he was my crush, but he is DENSE. Like DENSE DENSE. And when I mentioned ab my crush being dense he was like "yeah me too, I would need an announcement or something" which YEAH I gathered... Also, it shows because I tend to be obvious with my affections. Amongst my peers I can be seen as a 'bitch' because I don't often like people and I hold grudges (which yes I know it's bad). So a lot of our mutual friends picked up on the fact that I liked him. And he himself has not. Well anyways, back to the drunk conversation. He had ended up telling me a few times that I should just tell the "guy" I like that I like him, which hahahahahaha if I did, he would be surprised.
Anyways, we text A LOT. Granted I don't have the opportunity to see him anymore, so I have taken to texting him. And I do not text people. I'm not a big texter, I tend to be dry and maybe I will respond to you maybe I won't, it is something I need to work on. But we text, A LOT. And he would reciprocate. I would get responses within minutes if not immediately. But now, not so much. I had worried that I was overwhelming him. So I asked him if I was being too much, and he had said no, it could be a little overwhelming, but that was a him problem not a me problem. So I told him that I would dial it down and he said it was fine and that everything was good. But naturally I am a worry wart and I dialed it back. Only to notice that I was the one initiating the conversations. It was mostly me, not him. Which has discouraged me. But he still texts me first, so it's not as if we don't talk anymore (cue Charlie Puth song). So I am worried that maybe he did pick up on my crush? Which I doubt, but the possibility is still there.
There have been instances where he has shown that I am special to him, but I don't want to go into detail. As it would give me away LOL. Advice Ive been given:
Anyways, I had told one of our mutual friends and we were on a 7 hour long call talking about everything from my situation to other happenings in our lives. But we ran hypotheticals and he helped me dive deeper into my feelings along with help me put my thoughts into words and such. And he gave me a few options:
- Tell him and see what happens, maybe lose the friendship we built. Break my own heart LOL.
- Keep the status quo, don't change anything. Possibly hurt myself in the process thinking of what ifs.
- Wait. See what happens, try in a few years. If the possibility arrises. Problem is I am highly impatient.
- I could also just move on. Flaw, in order for me to do that I would need to cut off all contact with him, which I do not want to do.
And yes, 2 and 3 are basically the same thing. However he did give me an option that I must never choose at all costs, which is to tell my crush the day before I leave in August and drop that bomb on him. Which goes to show how well this friend knows me because I did entertain that idea for a bit. He did tell me that if I were to tell him, it would be best to do after this coming Wednesday (writing and posting this on a Friday night), where I will see him at a get together. Either tell him in person that day, or text him afterwards.
My same age friends told me that I am crazy for liking a 28 year old man, which uhh yeah. I can't help to agree. And they told me to just get over him in anyway I can.
Really I know the answer I should probably choose, but well I want outside opinions. Granted you readers do not know every little detail, but still. Any advice? Any one who is in/was in a similar situation? Really anything... tell me how stupid and delulu I am, if you must. TLDR; I have a crush on a guy 10 years older than me and I don't know what to do with myself.
submitted by No-Present6088
to relationship_advice [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 05:01 orangukey Keep getting disconnected from party
I have two PS5 consoles on at the moment (which happens relatively frequently) and only my PS5 is getting disconnected from the party/psn. Nothing else in my house is disconnecting from the internet except my console. I am using a lan cable to connect to my router, and it is the only thing connected to my router via cable.
I have tried all the basics (turning off an on both the console and the router as well as unplugging and replugging the ethernet)
I was in the party for about 20-30 minutes with no issue then I installed destiny 2 right at the end ( about 21 seconds left or so) of the download I randomly get a network error and now when I join the party I have about two or three minutes of voice chat before it disconnects me from psn.
submitted by orangukey
to playstation [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 05:00 yellowumbrella Wu-Tang Clan's Method Man Shares Workout at Nearly 50 Years Old
Cliff Smith grunts as he wraps his hands around the barbell, bends his knees, and lowers his six-foot-three frame toward the floor. He tenses his entire body, exhales twice, and starts pulling 455 pounds upward. His legs shake as he stands fully upright, and then he lowers the weight, breathes deeply, and does it all over again. He does five total reps, then drops the bar and smiles. "Ain't even winded," he says. "Holla at me. "
The five reps are a personal best for Smith (better known as Method Man), who loves starting his day by chasing PRs.
On this morning, he's in a Staten Island gym pondering his next milestone birthday (he turns 50 in March) and crushing sets of deadlifts, pullups, and barbell rows. "I gotta get my roses now," he says,"because I'm almost 50 fucking years old. Damn near 50 years old, bruh. "The Grammy Award-winning rap veteran has focused creativity into a host of projects lately. He appears in Starz's drama Power Book II: Ghost (returning for the second half of its first season in December); he voiced the character Ben Urich in Marvels, a narrative-fiction podcast; and he's working on new music.
His morning workout has readied him for all that-and it's kept him from predawn video-game marathons. In 2018, Smith says, he was battling insomnia, frequently waking at 2:00 and playing NBA2K. Realizing he was "just wasting time," Smith searched for a more productive use of his early-morning hours. "So at 4:00 , I find myself in the gym working out," he says. "Two days turned into three days. Three days turned into five days, and I've been consistent ever since. " Bonus: His insomnia is gone.
Smith now weighs 219, 12 pounds less than he weighed when he first started training. He hits legs Mondays, shoulders Tuesdays, back Wednesdays, chest Thursdays, and arms Fridays. "He's a beast," says his workout partner, Joey Crespo. "Our routine has only been heavy, heavy, all year round. "
At the moment, that means gritting out three sets of seated lat pulldowns, followed by a core exercise that has him on his knees, rolling a wheel forward, challenging his abs. He finishes the session by sitting on a bench with a harness connected to his forehead, a weight hanging in front of his chest. He lowers his head to look at the ground, then flexes his neck muscles to raise his head and look straight ahead, an old-school neck exercise that few gym-goers will do. Smith does it regularly. "Regardless of how tired I get, no matter what the workout is, I at least will try it," he says between deep breaths. "I'm not going to say no to anything. "
You may not have Method Man's fancy neck-training gear or his deadlift weight. But if you have a resistance band, you can try his favorite at-home regimen.
Do 25 to 30 reps. Aim for 5 sets.
Stand on a resistance band, its ends held at your sides, your core tight. Curl up, squeezing your biceps; then lower. That's 1 rep; do 15 to Do 5 sets.
Banded Shoulder Press
Stand on a resistance band, its ends held at your shoulders, your core tight. Tighten your shoulder blades and press the band overhead. Pause, then return to the start. That's 1 rep; do 15 to Do 5 sets.
A version of this story originally appears in the November 2020 issue of Men's Health, with the title "The 6 Workout w/ Method Man".
submitted by yellowumbrella
to HealthyZapper [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 05:00 SocialismMan New Building Old Carcasses
The ruling party and its donor conglomerates have been actively putting MSMEs out of business by implementing anti national policies like demonitisation and GST. These MSMEs have been the main sources of Indian handicrafts and many other indigenous art forms. They are the cultural expressions of the poor people of our country and operate mostly on cash and very low capital.
Thankfully, our government in its infinite mercy has decided to construct a museum for them. Like all things extinct, Indian handicrafts too will be put on display for the living to admire.
submitted by SocialismMan
to librandu [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 04:59 throwaway8382927 I (35F) had a family friend text me inappropriately and now my husband (39m) won’t talk to me
A family friend texted me and now my husband doesn’t trust me
If you asked me (35F) a week ago if we would be arguing about cheating I would have laughed so hard, but here I am. Me and my husband(39M) have been together 15 years and have never had a fight about either of us straying.
We were at his brother’s wedding were we saw a family friend who my husband has known for years. Me and him have always had a friendly relationship. There was an after party we were all going to and me and my husband decided to bail. I get a gross text message asking me where I was and saying some explicit shit. I have always been very friendly, but in my mind never flirty. I didn’t show my husband the message the next day as we were with the kids and didn’t get the chance. So I hand him my phone for directions and he sees it. I say to him, “ Ya can you believe that? It is gross, right?” I still don’t even know how this guy got my number and the only reason I clicked it was from him was because he referenced a joke I had made earlier in the day. My husband is so mad telling me he can’t trust me and I should have seen this coming. Honestly, I think he is right looking back in it, but I see this guy every 4 years and never without my husband and never without my in laws. I don’t know what to do. We have had such a solid relationship up to this point and he feels like I am hiding more from him, but I am not. I truly thought it was the grossest thing and assumed my husband would feel the same. How do I get him to see past his anger and listen to the truth? I would never risk my relationship or my family and the thought of making my husband feel like I would is making me sick to my stomach. He is the best thing in the world and his friend went and shit on it. The idea of me flirting with another person is so absurd to me and honestly was never my intention. We have always had our own friends and never put constraints on each other because it was never needed. I am just lost
submitted by throwaway8382927
to relationship_advice [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 04:59 iKarnezar [M4F] 18++ (Son and Mother visit an erotic water park) 18++
(( Feel free to reply to this ideas with your own response or let me know of your ideas.
My hard limits are no diapers, scat, watersports, heavy bruising, bleeding, death, mutilation, taking virginity, and no little ones or animals.
I have a profile, and I live in the New York/DC timezone. ))
Daniel West entered the park alongside you and was just as surprised as you were to see just how...wild it had gotten after hours. The "Kanto Waters" waterpark had recently opened up a section that was entirely for adults, and only available after midnight during one week of the year. Dan got himself a ticket and one for you as a birthday present, timing it so that he would return home from college during the same week that the Kanto Waters park had their after hours section open. What he had expected was bars and nightclubs, and while these were present, there was so much...more.
There were guys running around snapping the bikini bras on women, people with super soakers shooting strangers with pressurized water, a KISS CAM with "Win $200!" flashing beneath it for the best kisser, a tunnel of Love completely in the dark, a dance floor that looked more like a cross between a rave and a mosh pit, and even the back gates of the park had been opened up to allow people to relax on the beach under the full moon. There were also fire pits to sit around.
It seemed to have everything, including restaurants and bars. Dan was in pure amazement as he went along, wondering where to go first. He saw a booth for taking photos and pointed there. "Let's get a photo together first," he suggested to you as he gestured for you to follow him to it.
Daniel was considerably tall, and noticeably lean. Due to the many years spent playing soccer for his High School, he had thick legs and a slim build, which was even more obvious as he only had on his swim trunks. His smooth, rich caramel skin tone perfectly reflected his Caribbean-Latin heritage, as well as the slight accent when he rolled his Rs. Just above his shoulders fell his thick, black, curly hair that had a well-conditioned shine to it. His eyes were a chestnut brown, his lips full and luscious, and his hands hard, firm, and strong.
submitted by iKarnezar
to DiscordRP [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 04:58 East_Nobody157 im so confused ... pls give ur idea on this
so there is this guy tht ive known for like 4 years now and we grew closer in the last 3 yrs when we took bio lessons together cuz apparently there was no other guy at school. he is the head prefect of school and he is quite popular among the girls and even teachers kinda like a popular guy. so he always spends time with me and friends think he likes me but we never even reached that topic or even mentioned anything about it. he is good at flirting with any girl but he never acts hangy around anyone in fact they come to him. so this guys complements from time to time which is why i think he likes me back. he plays for the school basketball team and he always invites me to watch him play. But then he is like ''oh you came!" and proceeds to make ppl assume that i came at my own will to watch him play. For his birthday he took me and my friends for a treat and so i gave him a gift cuz its his bday afterall. i do tht to everybody if they invite for a party i will definetely give something. so for my recent bday he had bought a gift and now calls me to meet him to give my gift. so im confused if he likes me or not.
submitted by East_Nobody157
to Crushes [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 04:57 MonsteraLakes AITA for getting upset that my childhood best friend didn’t invite me to her wedding?
My friend (F24) and I (NB 23) have been friends since preschool. We phased out of our friendship for a few years during elementary/middle school when we didn’t go to the same schools. But we were best friends again in high school, we had most of the same classes, would spend most of the days after school together. The whole gamut, I considered her my best friend for a long time and I thought she did too, we would post about each other on our birthdays every year. So when we didn’t talk much for the past two years I wasn’t super worried about it. We’ve always made our friendship clear and have even talked about this wedding the last time we spoke. So imagine my surprise when I see photos of her bachelorette party happening. I know that it isn’t the wedding but she lives far away and I haven’t even received an invite. So I’m guessing I’m not invited, I’m not sure why. I am non binary and have been very outspoken about that recently, I know her family is conservative but she’s never seemed to have me issue with the queer community. I suppose I think that because it’s easier than the alternative, which is that she didn’t think of me at all. I know I could’ve reached out more but I know I reached out more than she did. What should I do? AITA?
submitted by MonsteraLakes
to AmItheAsshole [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 04:56 Occultismoriginal627 Is jason to blame for the relapse....or were they never really clean?
Im curious on what everyone's thoughts are on this....
Do you think jess & reese were sober their entire relationship(or most of it until the last 2/3 yrs) and just doing work & the family thing?
If so do you think they didnt start dabling until CG Kid compared meth & adderall ( && jk got that look in her eyes 👀😍). And they started taking adderall here and there.....until it led to more partying.
Or do you believe they were sober until Jason came around? I am not talking about smoking weed, steroid use or the alcohol problem,. I'm refering to using pills or meth. Subsistence along those lines. If that's the case how sad that the girl's life was picture perfect, until jason showed up. I can't imagine what micah must be going thru and the resentment she must feel....
Or do you think they never truly were sober. Do you think once JK got custody of Micah back that they would use here & there. Taking stuff when it was around. Or do you believe they were functioning addicts, until JK head more financial freedom. More $$ to play with on drugs and still maintain the lifestyle they provided for the girls.
And lastly there's the thought that everything was fine until big boy jason came back.
In the other snark page, i remember somebody said they knew a co worker of reeses. I'm wondering if anybody knows them in real life and can truly say when the using started again. Or what triggered it...or if it was all just a big lie.
Honeslty, theres no reason besides im nosey lol and I just want a better timeline if it was all a crock of bs and the girls have always lived in toxicity & chaos, and lies. Or if they were doing good until a certain point/event.....
submitted by Occultismoriginal627
to JKentSnark [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 04:56 MudhornsRefuge Tonight I went to my first event with alcohol as someone that is not drinking.
And it went great! There was all kinds of booze available. I stuck to the lemon and lime seltzer waters and still had an awesome time.
Everyone was drinking and it felt really good to just be there and just enjoy being present... there was one guy who was pretty wasted and I really felt for him. He was stumbling and slurring his words. Making a fool of himself. But it was also sobering(excuse the pun) to see that and be reminded of how much better off I am now.
No mental math of "okay I've had X amount of drinks and about Y amount of food/water so I can probably drive and be okay in about Z hours". No anxiety of driving even mildly intoxicated. Don't have to worry about a DUI(or DUI less safe) if you're stone cold sober!
I even found a case of beer in my garage over the weekend and brought it to the party and LEFT it there. Before I'd be sure to go get whatever of my beer was left.
Got home in time to put my kids to bed. Wife did comment that I was smelly because of the cigar I had but that's alright :)
submitted by MudhornsRefuge
to stopdrinking [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 04:56 Ocean_Influence Stop all of the hate on this sub. It’s sickening and embarrassing.
I was fortunate enough to grow up in SLO since I was a child. I love this town, and I love the people in it. Unfortunately, as most have probably noticed, there has been a rapid increase in hate messages on this thread, and in our town. The posts about the “white pride” scumbags, and the “hate mongering” clowns outside of target are a perfect example. This is what is tearing our country apart. Yes these people have no heart, and they probably are real POS, but why create more division and hate. You’re giving them power by acknowledging them and posting about it all over social media. Having an adult conversation, approaching them calmly and respectfully to try and make them understand why that is wrong and hateful is a better approach. Or you can chose to hide behind a keyboard creating more division, more hate and antagonism towards people that don’t share the same beliefs. My values don’t align with the Republican Party, I have never voted republican in my life. I still have republican friends and coworkers that are genuinely good people though. Sure we don’t agree on certain topics and we share different core values, but that doesn’t mean I am going to attack them, generalize them, or compare them to nazis. When you stoop down to their level, it only makes you look and sound unintelligent, short tempered, and quite frankly, embarrassing. There is no room for this in SLO. Nothing will ever change if we all don’t come together and start treating each other like human beings. (Yes even the people you don’t agree with). Stop all of the hate. We’re sick of it.
submitted by Ocean_Influence
to SLO [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 04:55 Sharp_Issue_3178 AITA for wanting low contact with my MIL?
I (F25) got married to my husband (25 M) this year. We got engaged on vacation in Aug. My husband’s grandma died as soon as got to our condo Sunday. She suffered w/ dementia and Alzheimer’s since I met her 5 years ago. My MIL told us that they planned to have the funeral that Friday. Of course, we wouldn’t miss the funeral, but my MIL said they couldn’t have the funeral after we got back (we were supposed to come back Saturday) because she couldn’t take another day with her sister in town (as her sister and her family were in town to say their final goodbyes to their mom). My now husband pre-paid for a bunch of events that we could do which his family did know about.
My husband and I weren’t inviting his dad’s set of parents bc they are very mean. My MIL and FIL tried to guilt trip us into inviting them. My in-laws decided to throw us an “engagement party” so the grandparents who weren’t invited could feel included in wedding festivities. My in-laws wanted us to tell them that it was a small destination wedding with only close friends and family. Also, my MIL wanted us to send out the Save the Dates after their engagement party, so the grandparents wouldn’t find out. My MIL also didn’t want me to post photos on my Facebook as the grandma would see them and it wouldn’t play into the small wedding story. My MIL pushed to only have the guests be 30 guests and under to keep with the whole “small wedding” charade. This is not my ideal engagement party. While at the family engagement party, my FIL dad said to my husband, “you got fat” and the grandma said, “we can’t stay, we have a concert to go to.” Clearly, they’re amazing.
I took her to show my wedding dress, she said “very nice.” At our venue outing she wasn’t very interested until she found out that the place we can stay has cabins that she can rent out, so now she can turn it into a mini vacation. Throughout the whole planning process, she nor my FIL ask if they could help or anything. I told them when we got our marriage license and we had two more months until the wedding and then my MIL stated that she got a new job and has unlimited PTO. She glossed over the news and just talked about herself.
My MIL also said there was no place for reservations for a “rehearsal dinner” since it no place near took a reservation for a large party or it would cost more. She only looked at the lodge we were staying at the the restaurant we got our wedding catered. I ended up booking a reservation for a place 20 minutes away that took a big party. I didn’t invite my husbands side of the family since my MIL reserved a brunch place for the Sunday after and only invited their friends and not my family (even though we were all staying the night at the lodge. I’m just annoyed and frustrated. My husband has talked to them about how they need to give me affirmations, but clearly that did not stick.
I want to go low contact, but then I feel guilty. AITA?
submitted by Sharp_Issue_3178
to motherinlawsfromhell [link] [comments]