Best shark tank deals
CheapShark: Compare PC game prices on Steam, GOG, GreenManGaming, and more!
2012.04.16 20:11 ArmoredCavalry CheapShark: Compare PC game prices on Steam, GOG, GreenManGaming, and more!
The official subreddit for CheapShark. Our goal is to keep track of the best digital game download deals from Steam, GOG, GreenManGaming, Gamer's Gate, and more!
2011.08.16 07:51 Discr1m comicswap
Need to make room for more comics? Perhaps you have an empty shelf or long box to fill up? Always looking in the back issues of your LCS? Well this is the place for you! Find kicking deals or make some quick PayPal scrap. We only allow the bartering/selling/buying of comic books and comic book-related swag. We have some rules, but so does the Justice League. We would appreciate your attention to them. Have fun swapping and good luck finding the comics you want!
2023.05.29 05:07 PurpleSolitudes Best Cheap Flight
| || |Travelstart submitted by PurpleSolitudes to travelfellow [link] [comments]
is a leading online travel agency that offers a wide range of flights, hotels, and car rentals at competitive prices. They have a team of experts who are always on hand to help you find the best deals on flights, and they offer a variety of features to make booking your travel as easy as possible.
Some of the ways that Travelstart can help you find cheap flights:
Book Cheap Flights
- They compare prices from a wide range of airlines and travel agents to find the best deals.
- They offer a variety of filters to help you narrow down your search, such as price, departure and arrival times, and airline.
- They allow you to book flights in advance, which can help you get the best prices.
- They offer a variety of payment options, including credit cards, debit cards, and PayPal.
- They offer a 24/7 customer service team that can help you with any questions or problems you may have.
If you are looking for cheap flights, Travelstart is a great option. They offer a wide range of flights at competitive prices, and they have a team of experts who are always on hand to help you find the best deals.
Tips for finding cheap flights on Travelstart:
Book Cheap Flights
- Be flexible with your travel dates. If you can, try to fly on weekdays or during the off-season.
- Consider flying into a smaller airport. Sometimes, you can find cheaper flights if you are willing to fly into a smaller airport that is located further away from your destination.
- Book your flight in advance. The earlier you book your flight, the more likely you are to get a good deal.
- Sign up for Travelstart's email alerts. This will allow you to be notified of any special deals or promotions that are available.
- Use Travelstart's price comparison tool. This tool will allow you to compare prices from a variety of airlines and travel agents to find the best deal.
2023.05.29 05:04 PootisMaster24 [M4F] Looking for literate fandom partners! Let's make a beautiful story
Hello! If you've manage to stumble your way into this post, hopefully today will be our lucky day. I am 21 and looking for someone around my age, though I'm not too strict about it, at least on the older side, please be 18 at least. I'm looking to roleplay in a couple fandoms. Now, first off I must say I only roleplay canon characters. OCs have never quite to my liking as I find it so much more fun and interesting to play the characters that have made us fall in love with these franchises.
I roleplay through discord but am open to any other sites if you prefer them. I ask that you are literate. I like to be detailed, really paint a picture of a scene or delve deep into what our characters are thinking. I'm not asking for novella length posts (though I would LOVE if we could do that) but I do ask that you put passion into the writing, it is what makes this magical!
I give a great deal of importance to character development. I love to delve deep into what makes a character who they are, their motivation, their outlook on life, and the relationships they form with the people around them! There are a few exceptions, but most of the time romance always finds itself at the center or at least near the center of most of the stories I roleplay. I love slow burns, seeing the relationship between two characters evolve as they grow closer. Some of my other favorites tropes when writing is enemies to lovers and found family. I also love playing an ensemble cast! I love paying attention to side characters as much as main characters to the point where everyone feels like a rich character!
As for the story and plot itself, let's come up with something together! I am down to play any kind of storyline. Something original, AUs where our characters are together in a famous storyline of their own maybe? Anything goes!
Now, for OOC. I absolutely love chatting with my partners. This is a hobby! Let's enjoy it together! Talk about it, be friends! I love sharing any kind of art that inspires me or reminds me of our story, I'm a huge fan of music and will share songs that I think represent our characters. Let's not just be partners but friends as well!
Now, as for the actual fandoms here they are along with the characters I would like to play:
Star Wars: This one is perhaps the one I am craving the most. I would absolutely love to do a Han and Leia roleplay. Maybe an AU where they managed to all escape cloud city and are now being chased by the empire and Jabba, or right after return of the jedi as they rebuild the republic. I would love to focus on their early romance, their dynamic was always the best part of the movies and I wanna fully explore it. Now while this pairing is the main one I would like to do, there are a lot of other stories I'd like to explore! Hit me up and let me know what pairings you'd like to do and I'm sure we can work it out.
DC: This one has a lot of potential for really complex relationships I feel. I would love to do something like Batman and Catwoman or something more strange like Nightwing and Harley, I'm super open for any ideas you might have! Now I will say my knowledge of DC mostly extends to batman and a little of the teen titans, anything outside we can make work but it might be harder for me.
One Piece: While this is one of my favorite series of all time, I've always felt like the one thing it's been really missing since the early days is strong character development and relationships. I would love to explore any pairings that rise amongst the straw hats. My particular favorites are Usopp and Nami, Robin and Franky, Luffy and Nami, and one that I particularly would love to do is an AU where Vivi did end up going with them. I'd love to explore a romance with Luffy. Of course for a series like this we really have to humanize the characters more than they are originally, like Luffy would not be as unrealistically clueless as he is, or Nami wouldn't be as compulsively obsessed with money as she regularly is. Something a little more nuanced that allows us to develop our characters. But I think that would be a lot of fun!
If you are still here I thank you! And if you're interested send me a message! And please don't make it a simple "Hey wanna rp?" I most likely won't respond to messages like that. Let me know some of your ideas! What characters you'd like to play. Anything that's on your mind!
submitted by PootisMaster24
to Roleplay [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 05:03 Edward2704 Don Jr. 2024 Montana Senate Race running against Jon Tester full mod writing (keep in mind that Don Jr. owns a ranch in Montana)
Italics = advisor feedback
- Congratulations Don Jr., after a contentious primary with Matt Rosendale and Greg Gianforte, you have emerged victorious in the Republican primary. What will be your opening statement as you pivot towards the general Montana senate election with Jon Tester?
- Why screw up this thing. I’ll run a low-risk campaign and cruise to victory. After all, my dad is the Republican nominee for president, so I can certainly ride his coattails to victory “This might work but don’t underestimate Jon Tester, he’s quite popular in Montana”
- I want to nationalize this race as much as possible and attack Jon Tester relentlessly, Tester has voted in lockstep with Biden and Pelosi “This might work, but most Montanans are more focused on state issues rather than national issues”
- I want to appear with my dad, Donald Trump, as much as possible as I campaign “People want to see you differentiate yourself from dad occasionally, and this doesn’t help much”
- I want to denationalize this race as much as possible. I want to take pictures of myself on my Montana ranch and focus on the farmers and workers in this state “nationalizing this race is your best chance, considering that your father is the Republican nominee for president”
- Due to the rural nature of Montana, the average Montanan spends more on gas than almost any other state in the country, and as gas prices continue to rise, what would you do to lower them?
- I would work with Senator John Thune to construct the Dakota Access Pipeline, which will transport gas faster and thus drop the price of gas, unlike Biden and the Democrats who want to shut down the construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline “This is good in that it criticizes the Democrats while also offering a different solution.”
- The way you lower gas prices is by getting Biden and the Democrats out of the office and putting in Trump and the Republicans, as gas prices were nowhere near as high as they were when Trump was president “This attack somewhat damaged Biden, but the damage is limited because people want to know what you would do differently from him.”
- One thing we could do to lower gas prices is to switch sides in the Russia-Ukraine war and side with an oil-rich Russia, rather than siding with oil-poor Ukraine, and we could get more oil through deals with Russia “Are you insane?”
- RNG. Your father, who is running for president from within a prison cell, has asked if you could attend one of his rallies that are being held from just outside his prison cell where he will be visible to the large crowd through the window of his prison cell in New York. Would you like to attend this rally outside the prison?
- Yes, I would “Good news, the rally outside of Trump’s prison cell was just the right size, in that it was large enough to fire up Trump’s base in Montana, but not so large that it would grab the attention of the liberal media. Good job”
- Yes, I would. “Bad news, the rally outside of Trump’s prison cell had a lot of both trump supporters and protestors and the two groups quickly turned violent and it drew an enormous amount of media attention and you are getting badly hurt by the controversy.”
- No, I wouldn’t “Good news, the Montana people respected your ability to be removed from national politics of a rally outside of Trump’s prison cell.”
- No, I wouldn't “Bad news, Trump’s base is furious at you for not showing up to your father’s rally from outside of Trump’s prison cell.”
- Inflation continues to ravage the nation. How will you put an end to it?
- We’re gonna stop handing out money and stop all this nonsense spending. “This has fired up your core supporters, but most independents are worried about this kind of messaging.”
- I would like to reduce tariffs and remove regulatory barriers “Trump’s tariffs are popular with the Trump wing of the Republican party, but this answer should win over more libertarian-minded Republicans”
- The destructive conflict between Ukraine and Russia continues to go on. How will you put an end to it if at all?
- I will urge for American neutrality in the Ukraine-Russia war “You’ve pleased your diehard base, but most independents want America to side with Ukraine during this destructive conflict”
- I will keep the current path of issuing sanctions against Russia “This is probably the best answer to please the majority of Montanans.”
- I will urge America to get involved on Ukraine’s side against Russia “This wins over independents at the expense of winning over your base.”
- I will urge the UN to create a demilitarized zone on the Ukraine-Russia border and urge Ukraine and Russia to come to a comprehensive peace treaty “This wins over the neocons in your party at the expense of the Trump wing of your party.”
- China has repeatedly made threats against Taiwan, and there have been fears that China might invade Taiwan. How will you prevent this from happening?
- This is Taiwan’s problem, not ours “This wins over the hardcore isolationists in your party at the expense of mainstream Americans”
- We will issue sanctions against China if they choose to invade Taiwan “This is probably the best answer to please the majority of Montanans”
- I urge America to intervene in this conflict against China “Are you insane, no one wants war with China!”
- I will urge China and Taiwan to create a demilitarized zone between them and a comprehensive peace treaty “This might be a good strategy”
- There continue to be migrants and drugs that are flowing across the southern border. What would you do to stop this from happening?
- We need to strengthen our border security and build a wall “This is a good solution to win over the hard-core Trumpsits in your party”
- Look, this is Montana, we are nowhere near the southern border. Do we need to campaign on this issue? “Fair enough”
- We need a compromise solution of granting the illegals in this country a pathway to citizenship in return for building a stronger immigration enforcement system “This is a good way to win over independent voters”
8. Jon Tester, despite being a senator from Montana, one of the most pro-gun states in America, strongly came out in favor of gun control after the Uvalde shooting. What is your opinion on gun control
- The Democrats are using school shootings as an excuse to take away our 2nd amendment rights “This attack is mildly successful, but the damage is limited because people want to know what you would do differently to stop school shootings”
- We need more armed guards at the front of schools to prevent these shootings, not to take away guns “This is an interesting solution”
- We need to spend more money on mental health clinics to treat these dangerous individuals “This wins over the Trump wing of social conservatives, but many fiscal conservatives are uncomfortable talking about this much government spending”
- Abortion has become an increasingly important issue throughout America, how will you deal with this issue
- I will pass a law that will ban abortion nationwide “This fires up your base at the expense of independents”
- This isn’t our problem. We will let the people of each state decide that for ourselves “This fires up independents at the expense of the base”
- We should pass a law that bans travel from one state to another or traveling from one country to another to receive an abortion “This should meet the fine line of appealing to your base while also winning over independents.”
- Now onto more state-centered issues. The state of Montana has an enormous amount of agriculture, farms, and ranches, and the amount they make has been decreasing. How will you plan to deal with this
- I will fight for Montana exports in trade deals “ an unusual position for a Republican to take, but this could work”
- This isn’t a problem we can solve, this is for the free market “This is a more traditional platform to run on as a Republican, but not a popular one amongst the Montana people.”
- RNG Will you agree to debate Jon Tester?
- Yes I will “You won”
- Yes I will “You and Tester tied”
- Yes I will “You lost”
- No, we have a massive lead “People don’t trust you if you don’t debate, expect this to hurt you badly”
- RNG You are meeting with Libertarian candidate Rick Breckenridge, to see if you can convince him to drop out and endorse you.
- I hope he drops out "Good news. He dropped out."
- I hope he drops out "Bad news. He doesn't drop out."
- There's no way around it. Although you own a ranch in Montana, Montana is not your state of permanent residence and many view you as a carpet bagger. How do you plan to respond?
- I will counter-attack by showing Tester as a DC insider who is out of touch with Montanan values "This doesn't work well, as Tester routinely tours the state"
- I will tout my outsider credentials as an advantage, as I can reform Montana from the outside to Make Montana Great Again “MMGA”
- Which Montana Republican would you like to go on tour with today?
- I would like to go on tour with Montana’s governor, Greg Gianforte “Well this didn’t work out well, as many are still angry about the incident that Greg Gianforte caused in 2017 when he ran for the house and bragged on social media about how he was so far ahead in the polls that he could beat up a reporter and still win, then proceeded to beat up a reporter and still narrowly won. Expect to take a dip in the polls.”
- I would like to go on tour with Montana’s incumbent Republican senator, Steve Daines “This worked out well, as Steve Daines is broadly popular amongst conservatives and independents”
- I would like to go on tour with Matt Rosendale, who ran for the Montana senate seat in 2018 and lost “Campaigning with Matt Rosendale offends no one, but pleases no one either”
- News has broken out about how your girlfriend, Kimberly Gilfoyle, has been fired from Fox News for sexual harassment. How do you want to do damage control?
- As much as I love my girlfriend, I have no control over her behavior and I condemn this incident of behavior completely “This is probably the best you could do given this bad situation”
- Who cares, this is my girlfriend’s sexual harassment case, not mine “Well, you’re the one who’s dating her, so this makes you look bad.”
- I condemn my girlfriend completely for this behavior and I am breaking up with her for it “This is a strong answer which could win over women voters, but this only draws more attention to an incident that already looks incredibly ugly”
- How would you like to attack Jon Tester if at all?
- We need to emphasize that Jon Tester has voted with Joe Biden 91% of the time. Jon Tester pretends to distance himself from Biden, but Tester is just one of Biden’s puppets who happens to be in a Trump +16 state “That’s it, hit Tester where it hurts!”
- We need to emphasize that Jon Tester is out of touch with Montana values lives in Washington DC and constantly votes in lockstep with Nancy Pelosi and votes for drag queens and transing the kids “This attack doesn’t win over independents, but it sure does fire up the base”
- We should run compare and contrast ads between Kyrsten Sinema and Jon Tester, showing how Sinema is in a bluish-purple state and constantly stabs Biden in the back while Jon Tester is from a deep red state and constantly votes lock step with Biden “This ad was incredibly effective”
- We should run ads of gas prices soaring under Tester and Biden, while gas prices were falling under Trump Sr. and will continue to fall under Trump Jr. “This ad was mild to moderately effective, but voters want to know what specific policy you will implement to lower gas prices
- One interesting idea that has been proposed by many Democrats is to put abortion clinics on Native American reservations, as their lands aren’t governed by the US. Montana has some of the most native reservations in the country. What are your thoughts on this?
- This is an abhorrent practice that will lead to more children being killed as a loophole around the Dobbs .vs. Jackson's case allowed each state to choose whether or not to allow abortion “This answer fires up the base but hurts you with independents”
- I don’t care either way, this is up for the leaders of the native reservations to decide themselves “This might be the best you can do with a difficult question like this”
- Small government means small government, therefore lands that are not on American soil should be allowed to build abortion clinics to serve the public, as we are the party of small government that favors bodily autonomy “This answer helps with independents and hurts with the base”
- Not to talk too much about abortion, but a new bill has been proposed in the Montana State House that would criminalize pregnant Montanans for traveling out of state or out of the country to receive an abortion elsewhere. What are your thoughts on this bill?
- I think Montana should ban all abortions within its borders, but banning Montana residents from traveling out of state or out of the country to receive an abortion elsewhere is too harsh “No one loves this answer, but no one hates it either”
- Being pro-life means being all the way pro-life, which means that we should criminalize out-of-state and out-of-country travel to receive an abortion elsewhere “Your base eats this up, but this stance makes independents gag”
- As a Republican, I naturally believe in making government as small as possible, meaning that native american reservations should be allowed to have abortion clinics and that people should be allowed to travel out of state and out of the country to receive abortions “Independents are lining up behind you, but your base is threatening to stay home”
- RNG. The Montana state legislature has just passed new laws banning Tribal ID cards and requiring you to present your address to vote, which Native Americans on reservations don’t have as a way to stop Native Americans, who disproportionately vote Democrat, from voting. What are your thoughts on this?
- This should help me win “Good news, Native Americans aren’t getting the new IDs and addresses necessary for voting for Tester, so this will help you.”
- This should help me win “Bad news, Native Americans are now turning out in higher numbers than ever before and are getting the new IDs and licenses necessary to vote. Expect this to hurt you.”
20. You have talked about reducing the amount of money that we spend to reduce inflation. Where would you like to make cuts in spending
- I don’t know, everywhere maybe “This is not specific enough, and Jon Tester’s mediscare strategy is working eerily well”
- First, cuts will be made to foreign aid “In general, if you have to cut anything, cut foreign aid first, then again, most Americans are supportive of Ukraine in their war against Russia, so this might also backfire”
- We should cut farming subsidies and allow farmers to properly partake in the free market “Montana is a very agricultural state, so this doesn’t play well”
- Jon Tester has attacked you with an attack ad of you speaking with your father and Rudi Giuliani at the Save America rally on January 6th where you tell the crowd to stand up and fight as they proceed to walk towards the capital and invade it. How will you react
- This was a poor choice of words for me. Although I said the word fight in a physical sense, what I meant to say was fought in a metaphorical stance by protesting the certification of the 2020 election “This might be the best thing you can say to keep your base on your side while not angering independents”
- I played no role in causing the violence that most people did on January 6th as I meant to fight in a metaphorical sense, not in a literal sense. It should be noted that only a small portion of people that attended that rally on January 6th broke into the capital “Most voters believe that you played a role on January 6th, and this answer doesn’t help”
- These people who entered the capital were brain-dead idiots who thought this would be a good idea. Why should I be responsible for their actions “You were the one who encouraged them to do it.”
- Montana has one of the slowest internet speeds in the country due to its rural location. Would you be willing to spend government money to increase the internet speed in Montana?
- I understand the urge to help Montanans with slow internet, but this is a function best served by private companies, not the government “This helps with the base, but hurts with independents”
- We need to spend government money to help Montanans with slow internet “This helps with independents but hurts the base”
- Do you plan to pass more laws to engage in culture wars and ban drag story hour, and critical race theory
- No, these culture wars about drag story hour just distract from the main issues at hand “Some sense a missed opportunity to win points amongst the base, but others appreciate you for not constantly attacking”
- Yes, we need to protect our children from drag story hour and critical race theory “This will win you points amongst your base but hurt you with independents and libertarian-minded voters.”
- What will be your ending message as this campaign draws to a close?
- Don’t let Jon Tester fool you, he’s no moderate and he votes for Biden 91% of the time. Tester is Biden, and Biden is bad. Tester is Biden’s puppet. Make sure to vote for my dad for president and me for the senate. “This is probably a good strategy considering how Tester votes for Biden 91% of the time, and although Tester is somewhat popular in the state, Biden is not.”
- I want to hold a big rally in a field in Billings with a jumbotron where my dad is presented on the big screen from prison. My dad Trump Sr. will carry Montana by double digits, so all I have to do is ride his coattails to victory “Your dad is popular in Montana, so tying yourself to him as closely as possible might be a good idea.”
- I want to nationalize this race as much as possible. A vote for me is a vote for my dad who is running for president, while a vote for Tester is a vote for Biden “This is a good strategy, as you will need your dad’s momentum to gain victory in this senate race.”
- Where in Montana will you spend your last days campaigning
- I will campaign in the Helena area around Lewis and Clark and Cascade counties. Tester may have won them in 2018, but Trump won them in 2020, so with one last push, we should flip them red
- I will campaign in the rural eastern parts of the state to maximize conservative turnout such as in Custer and Prairie counties
- I will expand my appeal by campaigning in the rural northern parts of the state with Native American reservations such as Glacier County
- I will campaign in the Missoula area, a traditionally liberal area and college town in Missoula County
submitted by Edward2704
to thecampaigntrail [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 05:03 Skwigle Bing vs ChatHPT 3.5 for travel advice
Just for fun, I asked the exact same question to both and was surprised at just how bad Bing's answer was. It was astoundingly bad considering it uses gpt 4.
My question: "what is there to do in Cebu?"
ChatGPT 3.5's answer:
Cebu, a province in the Philippines, offers a wide range of activities and attractions for visitors. Here are some popular things to do in Cebu:
1. Visit historical landmarks: Explore the historical sites in Cebu City, such as Magellan's Cross, Basilica Minore del Santo Niño, Fort San Pedro, and Colon Street—the oldest street in the Philippines.
2. Island hopping: Cebu is surrounded by beautiful islands. Take a boat tour and visit popular destinations like Mactan Island, Malapascua Island, Bantayan Island, and Camotes Islands. Enjoy pristine beaches, snorkeling, diving, and relaxing in these tropical paradises.
3. Swim with whale sharks: Head to Oslob, located in the southern part of Cebu, and experience swimming alongside gentle whale sharks. It's an incredible opportunity to get up close with these majestic creatures.
4. Explore Kawasan Falls: Located in Badian, Kawasan Falls is a breathtaking three-tiered waterfall. Enjoy swimming in the crystal-clear turquoise waters, bamboo rafting, and canyoneering through the nearby rivers and cliffs.
5. Discover Moalboal: Known for its stunning marine life, Moalboal offers fantastic snorkeling and diving opportunities. Don't miss the famous Sardine Run, where you can witness a massive school of sardines.
6. Take a trip to Sumilon Island: Visit Sumilon Island, known for its white sandy beaches and crystal-clear waters. Snorkel or dive in the marine sanctuary, go kayaking, or simply relax and enjoy the island's beauty.
7. Enjoy local cuisine: Cebu is renowned for its delicious food. Indulge in mouthwatering dishes like lechon (roasted pig), seafood, danggit (dried fish), and sutukil (a local dining experience where you choose fresh seafood, which is then cooked to your preference).
8. Visit Taoist Temple: Situated in the Beverly Hills area of Cebu City, the Taoist Temple is a serene and beautiful place to explore. It offers panoramic views of the city and provides insights into Taoist beliefs.
9. Shop at Carbon Market: Dive into Cebu's bustling local scene at Carbon Market, one of the largest public markets in the city. It's an excellent place to shop for fresh produce, local handicrafts, and souvenirs.
10. Enjoy nightlife in Cebu City: Explore the vibrant nightlife in Cebu City, particularly around Mango Avenue and the IT Park area. Find bars, clubs, live music venues, and a wide variety of entertainment options.
These are just a few of the many things you can do in Cebu. The province has much more to offer, so make sure to explore and discover its hidden gems during your visit.
Cebu is a beautiful place with many things to do. You can visit Fort San Pedro which is a military defense structure built by Spanish conquistador, Miguel López de Legazpi in 1565². You can also visit the Taoist Temple which is a multi-tiered temple built by Cebu's Chinese community in 1972³. If you're into diving and snorkeling, Moalboal is one of the best places to visit in Cebu for divers and snorkelers. Here you can explore colorful coral and swim with exotic fish in crystal clear turquoise waters⁴.
Nothing about Kawasan Falls or Oslob's whale sharks, and even though it mentioned Moalboal, there's nothing about one of its most popular attraction, the sardine run.
Neither mentioned Bohol nearby, which was a bit surprising, too.
submitted by Skwigle
to ChatGPT [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 05:00 AutoModerator [I HAVE] JOEL KAPLAN - SMMA 7 FIGURE AGENCY CHEAP!!! DM me for further information Discord Server with all courses 99% OFF original price Quick Sale Telegram: t. me/PliatsikG Discord: PLIATSIK#0227
2023.05.29 05:00 ThrowRA4009771 My (25F) bf (26M) moved across the country for me and now I don’t know if we should be together
Okay, this is a long story so if you stay, THANK YOU.
My bf and I have been best friends for 7 years. However he lived across the country. Due to unfortunate events, he had to leave his hometown. We had always been curious about exploring the relationship so we discussed him moving to where I lived. We felt extremely confident because of how strong our friendship was. So he moved here approximately 2.5 months ago.
Initially he was extremely homesick which I understood and I took his indecisiveness about our relationship like a champ. However, about 3 weeks into him being here I found out he was trying to console his ex gf who was so angry about us being together. I then found out he sent her money because he felt so guilty about her being hurt. I then read messages between them and basically he told her that their sex was better. I was so angry because we had only been intimate 2-3x and prior to him moving here we had never even kissed! Also why is he discussing our sex life with his ex gf to make her feel better?! Anyway I was super angry but nonetheless we tried to work past it.
About 1.5 months into him being here, I felt like he was comparing me a lot to his ex partners. He’d make comments like “I’m used to women cooking a lot more for me” or “I’m used to women being more affectionate than you.” Comments like that hurt because I was the only one working and I work 10 hour days… I hardly have time for myself usually. So I kind of fell into a depression about it the week prior to Mother’s Day and had a hard time being around him.
WELL, on Mother’s Day (2 weeks ago) I found out I was pregnant. I also found out I have a genetic condition at the same time that would have made my pregnancy risky and difficult. I would first need a corrective surgery in order to have a healthy baby, so I chose to terminate last week. It was a super painful decision because my dream is to be a mother and I felt like I was grieving so bad. When I was deciding whether or not to terminate the pregnancy he couldn’t really grasp the severity of my emotional pain and said a lot of insensitive things to me. First he yelled at me to not “kill our baby” which was hurtful because I expressed how guilty I felt. He told me he was a “flight risk” and that he wouldn’t deal with “chaos” when he was financial stable again. He also said “I already have a daughter so do whatever you want” in the heat of a discussion about deciding to keep the baby or not. Then he’d get upset at me for not talking to him about my feelings but the times I tried he would just say hurtful things. Comments like that were so hard to hear because we were friends first and have never spoken to each other that way.
While going through my pregnancy termination, I was extremely distraught and upset and he would bring up the fact that I wasn’t affectionate enough throughout the week. My guilt over termination has consumed me so bad that I started having suicidal thoughts and he still couldn’t grasp the severity….
I know I am highlighting the painful parts so I want to acknowledge that he can be extremely loving and supportive and has always wanted the best for me and us. He does all the cleaning, usually cooks, laundry, etc.However I just don’t know if I can see myself marrying and having kids with someone like him due to things he’s said and done in only 2.5 months of being together.
He said he’s growing so much by being with me but I notice I’m growing a lot in anger, sadness, and resentment. I don’t like myself anymore… I don’t let him touch or kiss me because I feel 1. Undeserving over terminating my pregnancy and 2. I’m just really angry at him. I feel immense guilt over feeling like I don’t want to be with him because he drove across the country for me. I just don’t know how to handle things or how to bring up the conversation to him.
submitted by ThrowRA4009771
to relationship_advice [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 04:59 Kasperinoz Getting rack ends off that don't have any points to bite to
First time dealing with this style of rack end. With the boot removed and everything visible, there's no discernable way to bite a wrench onto it to loosen it.
Is my best option just some vice grips? And if so, how did it get torqued on in the first place, its a completely smooth head, and there's no signs that it was put on using vice grips.
submitted by Kasperinoz
to MechanicAdvice [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 04:58 Nbasportschop Misconceptions about pick 19
A majority of this sub thinks the warriors need to draft an older, more developed player in this years draft, however that does not give the warriors maximum value and thus limits their flexibility/upside going forward.
If the warriors keep the pick, it means a deal did not materialize before the draft that allowed for any meaningful upgrades. That is why it is important to get the most value from the pick as opposed to trying to find someone who is ready to contribute. We might need to use that asset later in the summer or at the trade deadline to find an upgrade that makes sense. You never know who unexpectedly becomes available.
A player like Derek Lively is going to be much more valuable then a player like Kris Murray- now and in the future. Most likely, neither would actually crack the rotation, not because Kerr is philosophically against it (Harrison Barnes started 81 games as a rookie), but they probably won’t contribute to winning more than someone already on the roster or a player acquired this offseason. And if a trade never materialized, and the pick gets developed in our system for the future, we want the guy with the most talent/upside, not a safe pick who seemingly has more experience. We want best player available. Perhaps bpa is a junior or redshirt sophomore or even a 4 year guy like jaime jaquez jr, or maybe it’s a young guard who overlaps positionally like kobe bufkin.
This pick needs to be maximized. There’s no need to force it with a less talented player. Stars have been drafted later than 19. There’s someone picked late in every draft who shines: Kessler walker, Desmond bane recently. It happens every year. That is a potential franchise changer, not Kris Murray.
The 19 spot is super interesting this year, there are a lot of high upside players especially wings and some bugs.10 through 25 is a similar tier- gold can be found.
submitted by Nbasportschop
to warriors [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 04:56 Slight_Wolf_1500 What to look for when picking a med school - advice from a rising M3
Hey guys! I've been seeing a lot of "how do I pick a school" related posts and thought I'd drop some advice, as someone who didn't know any of this stuff when picking a med school (first gen in med woohoo)
- Prestige - yeah it matters, it's not a nice thing to hear but thats the truth. The days of "pick whatever school you like and get a high Step 1 score" are gone. Names matter. Connections matter. This is not fun to hear but its way less fun to find that out the hard way when you're applying to residency.
- "But I want to do IM/Neuro/Path" - A LOT of people change their mind in med school, to the point where doing what you decided to do in Undergrad has become the exception not the rule. Do not close doors for yourself based on something that is so subject to change. And keep in mind that if you decided to do a competitive IM field (cardiology or something) down the line, name/prestige will definitely matter. Hell I would say even if you would like to land in a certain location for residency, being competitive matters - people with more competitive apps get more options.
- Research opportunities - goes along with name. The bigger names institutions usually have more and better developed research opportunities and more connections, better mentorship etc.
- NBME exams in preclinical - If you have no clue what this means - NBME is the company that makes Step 1 (and the other steps). This means that the curriculum and exams in M1 and M2 would teach you based on Step 1 material and your block exams will be Step 1 style questions. The alternative is called "in-house" curriculum and its not NBME. This is significantly worse for quality of life IMO because your schools curriculum may or may not overlap with Step 1, so you're left to prepare for that somewhat on your own while having to waste time memorizing whatever random molecule and antibody your teachers think is cool for the in house exam. Not fun.
- P/F - exams in preclinical are pass/fail, usually have to hit some predetermined score like 65 or 70 and you're good. I think it definitely makes the environment less competitive and helpful. Some say it reduces the pressure to prepare for Step 1, but I think the type of people getting into med school already have enough internal panic about the repercussions of failing step 1 that they will have the drive to prepare for it.
- Curriculum - this doesnt matter that much because the vast majority of med students sit at home and study from the same 4-5 resources on their own in preclinical. The only thing that could matter is preclinical length which many schools are cutting from 2 years to 1.5 years to increase clinical time which could be a bonus. Other than that, the best thing you can do is pick a med school with minimal mandatory bullshit. PBL/TBL/whatever sounds great in paper but usually ends up being a colossal waste of time in practice. They will take 3 hours to teach something that can be covered in a 30 minute video at 2x speed. Less intrusive curriculums allow for more flexibility in studying methods and in personal life in general.
- On site rotations - This means clinical years will mostly happen at the med schools hospital or on the med schools campus. This means you don't have to drive far away in clinical years which saves you time. Schools that don't have this will send you to farther away places to do rotations and that takes your time up in commuting. I've seen some bad cases where clinical sites are like over an hour away and students need to spend money on temp accommodations because the commute is undoable. Not fun to deal with I'll bet.
- Location - My advice is that unless it's SUPER inflictive on your quality of life (eg: you get depressed if not in the sun, area is extremely racist) this isn't super important (see exception below). Maybe I am biased but I think the factors above in relation to free time are more important than location itself.
- Family/Spouse/SO - exception to the above. If you have your own spouse/kids you want to remain near that will have to be prioritized over the other things in this list. Same with if you want to remain near your parents. That one's up to the individual person. I'd be wary basing school choice off a boyfriend/girlfriend, med school is hard and SO many relationships ended in the first year at my school. IMO if you're not at the point of stating relationship permanency is guaranteed, it's not worth it. Or try doing long distance. But maybe I'm biased since my marriage is long distance.
- Tuition/COL - Obviously this is very much up to the individual how much they want to prioritize this. I'd say up to a point its not worth penny pinching but seeing some schools with a 6-figure tuition...looking at you Illinois OOS. Also very much dependent on how much outside financial support you have coming in and all that.
- Vibes/get along with class - This seems to be emphasized heavily but I think its not as important as the things at the top of this list. Every class is different from the previous one, so its tough to predict this. Med school changes people anyway, nice people can turn not nice under the pressure. Unless you make a concerted effort not to, you can probably find 2-3 good friends at any school. There will be gunners and toxic people at every school, just avoid them if you don't like them.
How do I find all this information out? IMO unless you know someone personally who goes to that school, internet/reddit/SDN is your best bet. Current students are hesitant to say negative things about their school in front of the admins during those meet and greet things.
submitted by Slight_Wolf_1500
to premed [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 04:55 Matthew_Hopkins_ What's the lowest tank pressure you can still breathe from?
I just watched '47 Metres Down' (2017), which involves scuba divers being hunted by sharks. One of the characters is 47 metres down and still breathing from her tank when the pressure reads 1 bar. If the air pressure was really 1 bar, and the water pressure 5.7 bar, would she be able to breathe? If you were 1 inch below the surface of the water, would you be able to breathe from your tank when it had 1 bar left?
submitted by Matthew_Hopkins_
to scuba [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 04:54 TheGhosthunter627 My thoughts on the ending
They kinda flipped the show on its head but everything came back to everyone
Karl and Frank would have still had a job if they backed kendall but they backed the guy who's first thought was to get rid of them.
Roman and Shiv could have happily ran the company with kendall but now no one wins
And I mean tom got what he wanted but theres still alot that can go wrong. They could get in trouble for calling the election early. Matassons numbers are fake and kendall knows about it so it's likely that the deal can be invalidated
Overall the ending was good personally think 1 or 2 more episodes this season would have been good but this show is one the best shows in recent history and almost no other show comes close. Gonna miss succession fr
submitted by TheGhosthunter627
to SuccessionTV [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 04:53 Kyogre64x4 What’s the best deal you’ve gotten on a piece of PC hardware?
I know there’s plenty of people that just get the latest in greatest when it first releases, but as a deal scavenger in both new and used hardware I genuinely got curious and wanted to know for those of you who got something like a CPU or GPU (it can be anything like a monitor, microphone, or a keyboard) that you were able to snag that you were like “okay but like THIS was the steal of the century”
submitted by Kyogre64x4
to buildapc [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 04:50 weeniedogenthusiast_ Best budget E-rig + best dispo to get a good deal
As the title indicates, I want to know the best erig for a good price! I’m newer to concentrates so I haven’t tried any yet. I’m looking for something good quality, simplistic, and somewhat budget friendly if possible! Also are there any dispensaries that do discounts on them? I’ve seen people say they’ve used first time patient or other discounts on them, but when I’ve asked on the website chat lines I’ve always been told no. TYIA! :D
submitted by weeniedogenthusiast_
to FLMedicalTrees [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 04:46 condemned02 Have you met people who are either extremely cold or extremely warm in your life?
Just to explain further. Someone who can be extremely kind towards you but also extremely cruel towards you.
And it kinda changes back and forth depending on their mood. And it's really 50-50.
Its like two totally different person on different days.
Would you stay friends with such a person?
For me, I struggle because when he is in his extreme kind and warm mode, he is like my best friend in the whole world and I love conversations with him. He is uplifting, supportive, encouraging and super kind and caring. And when he is in this mode, he is literally like my dream best friend.
But when switches to his extreme cold and callous mode, he is like a total stranger, who is cold and distance and lack empathy and cruel. It's truly like two completely different person except he keeps switching back and forth depending on his mood.
To put things into further context, he usually blame his bad behaviour days on not dealing well with work stress.
submitted by condemned02
to CasualConversation [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 04:46 Still_Needleworker11 Script list as of May 28th
submitted by Still_Needleworker11
to ASMRScriptHaven [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 04:46 Tibbittz Blood on the Tracks [My Version] (Album Resequencing w/ Alternate Takes)
| || | submitted by Tibbittz to bobdylan [link] [comments]
I've had a very hard time getting into Blood on the Tracks as originally released... so (as I often do), I've been tinkering with track sequencing and song sources for over a year, trying to come up with something I personally feel sounds and flows better than the original, and has the best versions I'm aware of for each song.
The album versions of "Tangled" and "Simple Twist" are lovely, but I couldn't get over the rawness and specific lyrics of the Live 1975 versions I've been listening to for 21 years, so I subbed them in, and I enjoyed the feeling a lot more. I also tried to (more or less) sequence the tracks in an order which roughly creates a narrative of a rising, loving, turbulent, and, finally, failing relationship.
I know the album version of "Idiot Wind" is, like, this BIG DEAL classic rock moment... but I find it overly-aggressive. I like the juxtaposition of the gentle performance and venomous lyrics on the More Blood, More Tracks acoustic take.
I've removed "Big Girl" because I don't care for it. I've tried over and over, and it's just not as well-written as the rest of the album. "Up To Me" blows it away, for my taste. I've replaced "Lily, Rosemary..." with the acoustic take because I like the extra lyrics, and I can't stand the incessantly-repetitive bass(?) part in the album version (I do wish there was a take which was somewhere between these two versions).
Please praise me like you should, or eviscerate me like music critics think you should. https://preview.redd.it/syjbakkomo2b1.jpg?width=1040&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=dec74ce5fe58475549a753cc68f90c449e61fee3
2023.05.29 04:45 ifknlovepizza I’m struggling. I miss my mom.
I’m feeling pretty low this weekend and just wanted to reach out. Financial insecurities, self-insufficiency feelings, self-doubt, daily anxiety fueled by a dread of the future, worry, self-loathing.
I try to stay pretty upbeat. But I’m struggling badly.
Mom is 72. Had a stroke in November 2018. Everything went downhill from there. Her memory started getting worse in 2021. I take care of her full time. Both her and my aunt (her sister). My aunt lives a 30 second walk away (aunt had a heart attack in 2019, a diverticulitis scare when she went septic from an infection in the same year, and was diagnosed with NSC lung cancer in late 2021).
I’ve been playing video games often, late at night, in the last few months, which has been the first time I’ve done so in about a decade. That’s been a positive. It’s been nice to take a momentary break from this reality. I especially love playing Rocket League, Among Us and Fall Guys with my wife and sister-in-law.
But every day, I miss my mom more and more. She was a wonderful mother. She always did the best she could and wanted me to pursue whatever dream imaginable. That’s why I take care of her. I have no idea how else I could possibly give back.
I wish there was a magic way she could improve. She’s aware of what’s going on. It hurts my heart when shes recently asked me the same question that she posed five times before and proceeds to apologize.
Want a way to make me cry like a baby? Sometimes, I think about how, if my wife and I have a child, they will never get to know my mom as I knew her. That thought already hurts me in one sense regarding my late father.
It was rather cold the other day and she “mom’ed” me and told me to put on a jacket. I’m a gray haired grizzled man in his 30s! Even through what she’s dealing with, she’s still my mom. Caused the waterworks to flow when I had a moment to myself.
Shew. Just been super emotional this weekend and needed to get my thoughts written down somewhere in this moment of weakness.
A family member in their 60s recently tried to take advantage of her in a situation involving money. This was originally behind my back, but when I found out, my blood was boiling and I called this particular family member on the phone with a barrage of expletives. I’m usually calm and even keeled but with everything going on, I just exploded.
I have no idea what I would do without my wife. Her support is everything. But I feel like a massive loser because I’ve lost my zest to travel, to do fun things, to explore, etc etc. I hope that’s temporary. We are supposed to go to a concert in July to see Matchbox Twenty. I should be looking forward to it but I just feel indifferent.
Again, just needed to ramble. My heart hurts.
submitted by ifknlovepizza
to dementia [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 04:44 idontknowanymore_501 I think I ruined my (27F) relationship with my entire family and ended my seven year relationship with my fiance (27M) all in one day
Hi -- to forewarn, this a long story that contains... a LOT. There is also a lot of background. Sorry for that.
To give some background, my (27F) father (65M) is very possibly dying from metastatic lung cancer. We found out less than three weeks ago. It has been very stressful for the family and emotions are not exactly level at the moment. I acknowledge that we are all very stressed. It is probably a large contributor to what went down.
So... Given that this is a three-day weekend and we are trying to do more as a family with whatever time we have left, we planned for a small family gathering. Me, my (ex?) fiance (27M), my dad, my mom (68F), my sister (29F), my cousin (38M), and my 2nd cousin (a minor).
Now, this is very important -- Everyone is the household has a dog. My parents have two dogs, one large (2-ishM) and one small (10-ishM). There is also my dog (7M). All of these dogs have met and get a long great and never had issues.
My cousin's dog (2-ishF) and the other dogs have never met. We planned to introduce them in the front yard of leashes and hope for the best. My sister's dog (2-ishF) cannot be around my parent's small dog because of aggressive issues from sister's dog. My sister's dog has undergone "training" to calm her anxiety and behavioral issues, but it has had minor success. The first introduction between my dog and my sister's dog was botched because of a planning issue caused by all sides. My dog holds grudges, so the next controlled introduction was also a failed attempt, and we have avoided having them near each other ever since.
We introduce the dogs. There's teeth and barking, but eventually everything calms down. Once inside the activity picks up. The little dogs start to retreat. It is extremely over stimulating for everyone. My dog retreats to a corner and settles for barking. There is some baring of teeth and lunging involved, too. After the third time of my dog displaying aggression for the cousin's dog, we removed him from the situation.
Eventually, after everything had quieted down a little bit, the dog bones picked up, the dog food removed, and everyone had gotten most of their ya-ya's out, we introduced my dog back to the situation. It was fine, for the most part. We tried to let them figure out the "pecking order" and sometimes that means things getting a little ugly and toothy, but the scuffles were brief.
Now, it is important to mention that my cousin is not staying in my parent's house. Me and (ex?) are, my 2nd cousin is, but my cousin has a bus he uses as a primary residence (go bus/ van life) and so he is staying in there with his dog.
Me and (ex?) run out to go to the gym, the store, and then my sister asks us to go to her house to help with something, which we do. At the point of us leaving that AM, everyone besides my parents were asleep. We get back about two-hours later. At the point when we return, my cousins are awake, the four dogs are all together, and I ask how everyone is getting along. I'm told everyone is fine with each other and that there have been no altercations. The dogs were even laying together for a moment. Me and (ex?) are told to hurry up and get showered and come back down, because we were late for breakfast, and it was getting cold.
We go, shower, get dressed.
(Ex?) goes down first, and comes back a few minutes later saying our dog is bleeding.
Apparently everyone downstairs is saying he banged his head into a table, and it must have happened from that. (Ex?) brings our dog upstairs, and it is very apparent that the bleeding is NOT from running into a table. There are at least four visible puncture wounds from a dog bite on his face. One gusher above his eye (1/2 inch), two superficial bites next to the big one around his eye, and one next to his mouth. My cousin's dog is bigger than our dog. His dog's mouth could absolutely fit most of my dog's head in it.
It is also relevant that my cousin made numerous comments the previous night about his dog being an alpha. He said that she has been known to, "put other dogs in their place" while at the dog park. He did not say any of these ended badly or bloody.
I will also mention here that I know my dog probably antagonized the situation by being a little shit. I know I should have just trusted my gut and removed him from the situation entirely. These are things I am aware of and things I regret.
At this point, we hear my sister come into the house with her dog, and it is pretty apparent that this arrangement is not going to work.
This only adds stress, but it’s not pressing. What is pressing is the fact that the puncture above my dog's eye is still bleeding, that it is larger than a superficial wound, and that I don't want it getting infected and it is a holiday weekend. I text my boss pictures of the bite and ask her to ask her vet if she would advise an emergency trip to the vet, and her vet responds that the bite would probably form an abscess before the weekend was over. So, that was our answer.
We take our dog to the emergency vet. All in all, it takes nearly seven hours. Our dog ended up having to have a sedative and five sutures over all (including two in his ear, which we hadn't previously noticed). We kept being told by the vet that it shouldn't take more than an hour, so we waited. Traffic in that area is BAD. I mean, it took thirty-minutes to go two miles, so we figure it best to wait for him instead of getting into traffic twice to go to my parents' house (20 mins away) and back. During this time, my sister is calling me asking me to run errands delegated to her, my mom is texting and calling asking for status, me and (ex?) had been holding it together pretty well, for the most part. That is until the wait started to get to us, and the constant pings from our phones, and my anxiety and stress about my dad, and my (ex?)’s anxiety and stress about the dogs (he was saying it was he thought it best to take our dog home, which means he would go home, and I know that would upset my dad, so I tell my mom ahead of time)...
After the seven hour wait, we finally get to go back to the house.
Now -- here's the real story now that the brief (HA!!) background has been established.
I call my mom on the way and ask what the current dog situation is, and what the plan is to avoid any more confrontations. Now, me and the (ex?) already discussed that we need to alternate my cousin's dog being in the house and my dog being downstairs. My cousin's dog lives in his bus, so we think that she needs to be in the bus half the day to let our dog be with everyone inside, and then the other half we would put our dog upstairs and let his dog be with everyone. As always, we think my sister's dog just shouldn't be there at all.
My mother pleasantly informs me that "all the big dogs are getting along GREAT!" She says that the plan is to keep all the big dogs outside together, and the little dogs sequestered together inside upstirs. I inform her that it will be raining, and therefore the big dogs cannot stay outside all day, and there is no way that I am OK with my dog being isolated while the other dogs are there barking and playing. She repeats her previous plan, and this is where I kind of lose it, because I'm not here to manage doggy daycare. I'm here for my dying father, and I have seen him for maybe a few hours total and the other time has been spent stressed about dogs.
All the rage and frustration boils to the top, and I go off. I tell my mother that if this was her plan then (ex?) would just take the dog home. She eventually concedes and says that we can do the alternating, but at this point I do NOT trust that this will actually happen. There is a lot of yelling going on, and there is still the variable of my sister's dog (who is still at parents' house). It is too much. I have had enough. I tell my mom that we will just go home if her plan is to keep ALL FIVE dogs on the same property. She explodes on me saying that was my plan from the beginning (mind you, I have been trying for a solid week to help coordinate everyone being there together and brought enough supplies and clothes to last me more than a week. I had planned activities to keep 2nd cousin busy, and there were meals planned as a family -- I, in NO way shape or form, had ANY intentions of dipping on this get together. I am pissed.)
Once I get back to their house, (ex?) stays in the car with our dog, and I run in to get our stuff. I am met with a barrage of blame and accusations as soon as I'm through the door. I am told that this dog bite situation was my fault for leaving my dog downstairs while I took a shower, that my dog was "under-socialized and aggressive." Mind you, my parents both love my dog and frequently have commented on what a good boy he is for the last SEVEN years. Never once mentioning that he was UNDERSOCIALIZED or aggressive. He's a prima donna, sure. He has had moments where he'll lash out when uncomfortable or feeling threatened by another dog, but he has, not ONCE, bitten anything or anyone, or even come close to it. He gets along with my (ex's) families dogs. All of them. And there's a lot.
He has only had two aggressive interactions. With my sister's dog through the fence, which everyone should share blame in, and now my cousin's.
There is a lot thrown around. My sister is smiling and mocking me about wanting everyone together.
My sister fuels the fight, smiling the whole while, and my mother regurgitates sentences that I know aren't coming from her.
It is obvious that there had been discussions that I was not privy too (because I have been stuck in an emergency vet for seven hours), and that everyone (barring the minor cousin and idk about my dad) has come to the conclusion that I am the villain in this scenario and that everything is my fault.
I am in a blind rage at this point. I feel like I am a dog backed into a corner, and everyone is yelling. I am probably yelling the loudest, because I just feel like I have not been heard since getting there. I wanted to keep the dogs separated from the first indication of trouble, and then was told I was overreacting. I specifically said that this would turn very ugly, and was then mocked by my cousin and mom as being overprotective and like a Karen in a dog park, who would jump in between fighting dogs to pull their dog out.
I feel sick at this point. I feel like my back is about to crumble and my head is going to explode. At one point, as I am putting my stuff outside so I can grab my shoes, I come back in to them saying something I can't put together, but I hear my sister say, "Shush! She's coming back" -- and that damn smile is still on her face. I tell my dad I'm sorry, that I would come back to pick him up and bring him to my house, I tell my 2nd cousin the same thing, and then I leave. There is a moment in-between there where I do slam the front door back open, and I admit to putting a hole through the closet door with the doorknob. That's my bad.
I am still fuming while in the car. I tell my (ex?) that when he went back inside to retrieve something he should have defended me, at least a little. Said that the fight was unnecessary on both sides. Something. Especially since I had spent the majority of the afternoon trying to calm him down (he doesn't rage like I do, his is quieter and filled with more anxiety that clouds his ability to think). I called my mom on his urging to begin with. I was just going to go inside and put the other dogs away, smuggle our dog inside and upstairs, and deal with the planning part afterwards. But (ex?) has diagnosed OCD, so sometimes going with the flow is the best option. So I did. I tried, at least.
During the ride back, my (ex?) boyfriend decides out of the blue and without saying anything to me to call my mom, tell her that he doesn't want to associate with them anymore, and that he doesn't plan to see them every again. Yes. We can all agree how childish that is. He would agree too. My terminally ill father is yelling and cussing him out in the background, and my (ex?) clarifies that he would have liked to see my father, but if he doesn't want to see him that that's what it is. My family is complicated. There is a lot of past trauma to unpack, but to put it simply my dad is the most unreasonable person sometimes, but also the one that I get along with the best. My (ex?) also agrees with that.
The call ends. I comment (because I just can't help myself) and tell him how stupid that was. I am in that rage-mode where everything I say is super calm and super condescending. (Ex?) says that I wanted him to defend me, so that's what he was doing.
My (ex?) then decides to take this as a very opportune moment to tell me that he had spent the previous week contemplating breaking up with me. Mind you, that Friday, the Friday that we went to my parents' house, was our eight year-anniversary.
I am mind-boggled.
I continue to drive and the hate in me grows a little more with every mile we go.
Eventually, I hear my (ex?) talking, but I know it's not meant for me. He has called my mom to apologize for everything, for the things that he said. He is the one crying now. Balling. He is so emotional with the things he's saying that I am forced to pull off the highway and into a gas station because the tone makes me uncomfortable to be in a moving vehicle. That was me projecting, but still...
He continues the conversation, continues the apologies, and then says, "I was in a no-win position and being told I didn't defend her (me) and so I called and made the worst mistake of my life."
Naturally, I am beside myself. I feel betrayed. I feel crazy. I feel so outside my body.
To be clear, I never once told him to call her. I just wanted him to defend me, because we both were in agreement about the situation and that their plan on how to handle to dogs was wrong. He was the one pushing the idea that my family was in the wrong.
There is a lot said afterwards. Nothing matters, at this point. He ends up calling my mom again (this time on my urging) to say he was apologizing for what he said on the phone, not the situation as a whole. He says he wasn't taking sides. He stops his conversation more times than I can count to ask me if that was what he was supposed to say. I am livid. I feel disgusting. I tell him repeatedly that I am NOT putting words into his mouth and that he is an adult and can speak for himself. He then proceeds to basically have a conversation with my mother in which he outlines the reasons why me and him may not be together anymore, and how we want to different things, etc...
I'm disassociating out of my body while going 70mph down the interstate in the rain, forced to listen to this conversation coming from the back.
We argue. I drive. He asks me to make permeant decisions about us and that he's going to quit his job and go back home to live with his parents if we aren't together. I tell him I am not continuing this discussion while under duress. He continues to ask. I continue to drive. I scream. It gets quiet.
We don't talk the rest of the drive. We only talk about the dog while we get him situated at the house. My (ex?) starts crying. I don't have the energy to cry..
We have spent the day isolated and away from each other. I have not spoke with my family. I don't know if I will ever again. My sister sent me a text of the door with the hole and a smiley face.
I feel like my entire world just crumbled at once.
I don't know where or who to turn to in this scenario. I feel the lowest and loneliest I have ever felt in my life.
submitted by idontknowanymore_501
to relationship_advice [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 04:43 Mysterious_Command15 Best HyperX Gaming Headset Deals 2023 - Ends Today - Happy Memorial Day
2023.05.29 04:43 No-Direction3854 Why Shiv made the right choice
Shiv decided to vote for the GoJo deal the moment Kendall sat in the chair... it was Kendalls belief that he had already won the competition between his siblings and got very comfortable by bringing Stewy into the room, announcing the plans of Non-Exec Chair that the other siblings weren't aware of etc, foot on the desk. I felt already that he couldn't be trusted so I dont blame Shiv at all, especially after he purposefully opened up Romans stitches again and then lil bro'ed him in the meeting when Roman said no to the Gojo deal, like yes we want to keep it in the family but Kendall still isn't fit for purpose. At least Roman was honest, none of them are fit for purpose.
Honestly, should she have said no to GoJo deal? Is it because of our attachment to the kids that we think one of them could have been best suited for CEO?
submitted by No-Direction3854
to SuccessionTV [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 04:42 zathong How To Play Luo yi Mobile Legends >
| || | submitted by zathong to u/zathong [link] [comments]
Hey, I’m Zathong and this guide is about Luo yi Build in Mobile Legends. I will assist you in playing this Luo yi champion more effectively in Rank and Classic. https://preview.redd.it/z6m5i6uv5q2b1.jpg?width=700&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=bbc507ef23346e922b96dbc065835247d0419298 How to play Luo yi
Luo Yi is a mage hero in Mobile Legends with a unique playstyle that revolves around her Yin/Yang energy mechanic.
Use skill 1 (Dispersion) will help her clear minions quickly.
Use skill 2 (Rotation) dealing Magic Damage to enemies hit and slowing them.
Use skill 3 (Diversion) teleported allied heroes (including herself) to the location. This is a very useful skill for attacking, controlling large targets. Tactics
Early game (level 1-7): Luo Yi’s primary focus is on farming and building up her items. You can roam to support other lane.
Mid Game (level 8-12): As Luo Yi hits her mid-game power spike, she becomes a major threat in team fights. You should try to attack from a closer range so that you will get a better aim at your target.
Late game (level 13+): Luo Yi is a powerful mage who can deal massive amounts of damage in team fights. Yourself in the middle of the tank and marksman, which will protect you and you can provide damage constantly.
Read more: https://zathong.com/luoyi-build-mobile-legends/
2023.05.29 04:41 xeno_joker Peeps confuse the hell out of me
I'd message someone that says they want someone to talk to. Ghosted or just dissappear off the face of the earth after a few hours of convo
Women show interest, go through the pain of putting myself out there with them. I'm too busy they say, or they dip after saying they're gonna do something with me.
Supposed guy friends only hit me up if they need something or just send stupid memes. Got one guy friend who invites me out,but it's kind of awkward cuz his friends are underage. They're cool,but feel uncomfortable hanging around them as a 25 year old. Prefer 18+
Surprised I still got a little more in the tank to associate myself with folk.
Don't see it getting any better as I get older. Never had real connection with anyone in my life. 🤷♂️ nothing new, know many others deal with the same shit. Just needed to vent .
submitted by xeno_joker
to lonely [link] [comments]