Johnson city toyota
Check out any time you like, but you can never leave
2011.08.04 02:00 Check out any time you like, but you can never leave
2020.09.28 06:36 filmburrito JohnsonCityTN
The Reddit Community page for all things in the Johnson City, TN, and surrounding areas. Stay friendly, stay informative. Advice and recommendations welcome, a home for collaborations and creative space. No bullying, hate, or bad vibes!
2010.06.11 20:26 CedarMadness Tri-Cities TN/VA
A subreddit for the Tri-Cities area of TN and VA. Includes Bristol, Kingsport, Johnson City, and surrounding cities.
2023.05.29 22:34 shawn19 Healthy Kingsport: Focus on mental health to improve overall well-being - Johnson City Press
2023.05.29 22:27 SeaworthinessCrazy41 Young couple new in town, looking for a church
My wife and I are looking for a church in the Johnson City area and are looking for recommendations. We both prefer smaller, traditional congregations where you can actually get to know everyone (Calvary Church was much too big/new age for us). We’re in our mid 20s and it would be great to find a place with people our age range.
I grew up Baptist so that is my preference, but we’d still be willing to check out doctrinally similar non-Baptist churches as well.
submitted by SeaworthinessCrazy41
to tricities [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 22:07 Thin_Mammoth4809 Went to Colonial Park Cemetary in Savannah - Captured some unsettling footage using an SLS app
submitted by Thin_Mammoth4809 to ParanormalEncounters [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 21:42 Dyelo456 Dasher recommend vehicle/MPG
"Considering joining the ride-share community, but I'm unsure if it's financially viable in a medium-sized city with my Jeep that gets 15mpg. Has anyone considered swapping to a more fuel-efficient vehicle like a small Toyota for this purpose? If you have experience trading one vehicle for another, could you share some insights on how to go about it? I'd appreciate your advice!"
submitted by Dyelo456
to doordash_drivers [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 21:20 ogreatgames Grand Theft Auto San Andreas: Gripping Action Scenes - Xbox 360 Game
![video](det0zgmjbk191 " Roam around the city, steal cars, and carry out missions - these are just some of action-packed features of GTA San Andreas. Visit https://ogreatgames.com/products/grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-2
to buy these item(s) & more while supplies last! -- ")
#xbox360 #action #shooter --
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas For Xbox 360. Get ready to experience the most intense shooter action scenes in GTA San Andreas. Explore the open-world environment where millionaires, dealers, and gangbangers are living. Step into the shoes of Carl Johnson and save your family while clearing your name from being framed for homicide murderer. Succeeding in storyline missions will result in the game's interesting progression. Swim, climb, jump, shoot, drive and more, this game has so much to offer to keep you entertained! --
Hey check out similar videos here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05uKspxQ89s&list=PLVduyMnVQjzNYPljUBqwgAXdMPQ9CEKWY
submitted by ogreatgames
to Ogreatgames [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 20:29 slagnorth Looking for a ride from NYC to Johnson City, TN. 29 female
Looking for a ride asap. Trains and buses I wouldn’t be able to bring my small well behaved chihuahua. Flying is unfortunately not an option.
submitted by slagnorth
to rideshare [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 20:18 MatoroTBS Kaiserreich Beta 0.25 - ‘On the Wide Steppe’
After several years, the Eastern Europe Rework is complete, as the release of the Ukraine rework signals the end of an era for Kaiserreich. We learned a lot from the development process, with the Eastern Europe Rework being released incrementally, unlike the single large update that gave much of the China rework. With each successive release, we try our best to reach new heights with the mod, and to build on the work that was done beforehand, and both of these aims particularly apply to the Eastern Europe Rework. Our efforts remain ongoing on the reworks of all European majors, and the team members who worked on Ukraine have already moved on to work on Russia, Spain and Austria-Hungary. But for now, we are pleased to bring you our latest release, and we hope you enjoy it! Changes
- Updated the format of the Country Selection screen.
- Added new introduction screens for several countries, including the majors and notable minors.
- Removed the cap on the war support debuffs that is present in vanilla HOI4, applied by casualties, bombing and lost convoys, and decreased the rate of the war support decay.
- Countries now will lose 20% war support if at war, regardless of it being a defensive or offensive war.
- Reduced the Chinese “Unequal Treaties” resource export malus to 60%.
Reworked/Expanded Focus Trees
Tweaked Focus Trees
- Lebanon - overhauled political and military trees
- Ottoman Empire - added four new national foci for NatPops
- Added new alerts informing the player of impending declarations of war.
- Added events alerting the player when the AI has given them land in annexation events.
- Added annexation events for the Northern Caucasus, Corsica, the Kuban, Nice, Savoy and Syrmia.
- Added a new “Ostpolitik” decision category for Germany, detailing their relations with their eastern allies.
New Custom Country Paths
- Cuba (expanded current options)
- West Indies Federation (expanded current options)
- New portraits
- American Union State: Robert Melville Danford
- Australasia: Henry Douglas Wynter
- Bharatiya Commune: Madhav Sadashivrao Golwalkar, Madan Mohan Malaviya, Sarojini Naidu, Vinayak Damodar Savarkar
- Union of Britain: George Nathan
- Bulgaria: Manol Vasev
- Cambodia: Son Ngoc Thanh
- Chile: Oscar Escudero Otárola
- Cuba: Juan Blas Hernández
- Combined Syndicates of America: Edward Allen Carter Jr., William Edward Foster, Daniel Webster Hoan, Campbell Carrington Johnson, James Kelly Parsons, Hyman Godalia Rickover, David Monroe Shoup
- Commune of France: Henri Adeline, Florimond Bonte, Jean-Édouard Verneau
- El Salvador: Salvador Castañeda Castro, Maximiliano Hernández Martínez
- French Republic: Paul Reynaud
- Germany: Wilhelm II, Wilhelm III (civilian & military)
- Greece: Georgios Papandreou
- Illyria: Stjepan Radić
- Latvia: Constitutional Assembly
- Lebanon: Anthony Peter Arida
- Kurdistan: Bakr Sidqi
- Malaya: Zhuang Mingli
- Mountain Republic: Ali Mitayev
- Ottoman Empire: Abdülmecid II
- Papua New Guinea: Sumsuma
- Paraguay: Higinio Morínigo Martínez
- Russia: Pavel Milyukov
- Serbia: Petar Zivkovic
- Shandong: Wu Huawen, Lu Jin
- Siam: Phraya Phaholponpayuhasena, Rama IX, Paribatra Sukhumbhand, Sarit Thanarat
- Slovenia: Leon Rupnik
- Kingdom of Spain: Emilio Mola Vidal
- Taiwan: Lin Xiantang, Lin Xiongzheng, Xie Xuehong
- Tripolitania: Ahmad Faqih Hasan
- Ukraine: Marko Bezruchko, Roman Dashkeyvch, Petro Diachenko, Opanas Fedenko, Oleksii Federov, Vasyl Fylonovych, Nykyfir Hryhoriiv, Yevhen Konovalets, Isaak Mazepa, Mykhailo Omelianovych-Pavlenko, Vsevolod Petriv, Kostiantyn Prisovskyi, Sviatoslav Shramchenko, Oleksandr Shulhyn, Oleksandr Shumskyi, Leonid Stupnytskyi, Mykola Stsiborskyi, Yurii Svirskyi, Yurii Tiutiunnyk, Oleksandr Udovychenko, Omelian Volokh, Vasyl Vyshyvanyi, Oleksandr Zahrodskyi
- Tweaked portraits
- Argentina: Pedro Eugenio Aramburu, Isaac Francisco Rojas
- Bohemia: Viktor Hoppe
- Commune of France: Aubert Frère
- Galicia & Lodomeria: Hnat Stefaniv, Dmytro Vitovskyi
- Liangguang: Li Zongren (changed uniform)
- New advisor portraits
- Germany: Reichskolonialamt
- Lebanon: Khayreddine al-Ahdab, Rashid Baydoun, Michel Chiha, Philibert Collet, Jacob of Ghazir, Selim el Khoury, Rose Shahfa
- Princely Federation: Council of Princes
- Russia: Aleksandr Novikov, Mikhail Yangel
- Somalia: Assembly of Clans
- Syria: Army Air Command / Army Naval Arm
- Taiwan: Chen Fengyuan, Lan Gaochuan, Jian Ji, Cai Peihuo, Riad el-Solh, Jiang Weishui, Liao Wenkui, Liao Wenyi, Lin Xiantang, Lin Xiongzheng, Xie Xuehong
- Ukraine: Asan Sabri Aivazov, Rostyslav Bereziuk-Voloshyn, Petro Bolbochan, Mykola Boretskyi, Mykhailo Bilynskyi, Volodymyr Chekhivskyi, Ivan Cherniakhovskyi, Dmytro Dontsov, Dmytro Doroshenko, Oleksandr Dovzhenko, Solomon Goldelman, Oleksandr Hadd, Borys Homzyn, Oleksandr Hrekiv, Mykhailo Hrushevskyi, Hryhorii Hrynko, Borys Huber, Andrii Hulyi-Hulenko, Dzhambulat Kanukov, Pavlo Khrystiuk, Andrii Khvylia, Mykola Khvyliovyi, Ihor Kistiakovskyi, Volodymyr Kedrovskyi, Mykola Kochubei, Vasyl Kochubei, Serhii Koroliov, Volodymyr Korostovets, Mykola Kovalevskyi, Levko Kovaliv, Oleksii Kozlovskyi, Ahatanhel Krymskyi, Andrii Livytskyi, Yurii Lypa, Ivan Lytvynenko, Mykola Maksymov, Arnold Margolin, Borys Martos, Andrii Melnyk, Mykola Mikhnovskyi, Zinaida Mirna, Yakiv Moraleyvch, Kyrylo Moskalenko, Vasyl Murashko, Andrii Nikovskyi, Oleh Olzhych & Olena Teliha, Kyrylo Osmak, Serhii Ostrovidov, Yurii Otmarshtain, Viktor Pavlenko, Anatolii Pisotskyi, Andrii Pokrovskyi, Mykhailo Poloz, Viacheslav Prokopovych, Serhii Rudenko, Volodymyr Salskyi, Volodymyr Savchenko-Bilskyi, Fedosii Shchus, Pavlo Shandruk, Oleksandr Shapoval, Serhii Shemet, Oleksandr Skoropys-Yoltukhovskyi, Zakhar Sliusarenko, Olena Stepaniv, Fedir & Mykhailo Tereshchenko, Vasyl Tiutiunnyk, Stepan Tymoshenko, Metropolitan Vasyl, Mykhailo Volobuiev, Serhii Yefremov, Maik Yokhansen, Vsevolod Zmiienko
- United Baltic Duchy: Baltische Landeswehrkommission
- Added some new generic American, British and German general portraits.
- Added a generic “Council of Advisors” advisor portrait.
- Added new national spirit icons for Chinese splinters, Ethiopia and Ukraine.
- Updated the Irish national focus icons for their army, navy and air force.
- Updated several Indian national focus icons.
- Added new national focus icons for Ukraine.
- Added new flags for the Bharatiya Commune, RadSoc Centroamerica, Hindustan, Madagascar, socialist Ukraine, Taiwan, Transamur and native-led Zimbabwe.
- Tweaked the flag for the West Indies Federation.
- Updated the flag render of Kolchak-led Transamur
- Fixed NatPop Egypt using the wrong flag.
- Updated the icons for the Artillery traits for commanders.
- Moved and resized the paper clip icon used in all event pictures.
- Added and tweaked the icons, names and models for the tanks and planes used by multiple countries across the mod.
- Added some custom infantry weapon icons for Austro-Hungarian constituents and White Ruthenia.
- Fixed a Mongolian leader being used as a generic leader portrait.
- Removed the Blackshirt insignia from a vanilla division icon.
- Updated Ireland’s event pictures.
- Updated the resolution and colouring on an old loading screen.
- Reconfigured the Music user interface and reformatted the track titles to ensure they fit into the interface properly.
- Added “Mars Genderang Kemenangan (March to the Sound of Victory)” for Insulindia.
- Removed “Rayuan Pulau Kelapa (Love of the Coconut Island)” for Insulindia.
- Added “Two Brothers Were Going There” for Russia.
- Added “Black Clouds Cover Over the Ruins”, "Cossacks Were Riding", “Ked my pryishla karta (This is the Map)”, "Long Live, Free Ukraine", "Oh, Grow You Dry Oak“, “Oh, On the Mountain the Reapers are Harvesting”, “Oi, vydno selo (Oh, You Can See the Village)”, "There's a Willow in the Field" for Ukraine.
- Fixed music not playing correctly for Azerbaijan, Madagascar, Mali and Zanzibar.
- Fixed “Protect the Yellow River” playing for non-Chinese countries.
- Fixed several tracks from vanilla HOI4 not playing, tweaked when some tracks from vanilla are likely to play, and renamed several vanilla tracks to more Kaiserreich-appropriate titles.
- Added more naval bases to the Bharatiya Commune and Princely Federation.
- Added Bastogne as a victory point.
- Fixed the French city of Verdun being too close to the German border.
- Adjusted the shapes of Dalmatia and Syrmia.
- Tweaked Morocco’s provinces.
- Fixed an invalid Moroccan railway.
- Added Terneuzen as a victory point.
- Increased the Infrastructure level in India.
- Updated the eastern Ottoman railway around Kars.
- Re-added the Sea of Marmara as a strategic region, to fix issues with AI pathfinding in the Aegean due to the blocked straits.
- Fixed Iquitos’ location to Peru from Ecuador.
- Improved supply situation in and around Transamur.
- Increased the supply availability between Crimea and Kherson.
- Removed the strait between Courland and Saaremaa.
- North America
- Rebalanced American war support and stability.
- Reduced the amount of military factories given by the factory conversion decisions, to avoid hobbling the AI.
- Increased the priority given by American civil war participants to building military factories during the Second American Civil War.
- Revised the combat AI for the participants of the Second American Civil War.
- Replaced the American Union State general Jacob Devers with Robert Danford.
- Buffed Canada’s starting army and war support.
- Canada’s NatPops no longer make John Diefenbaker their leader, as Henry Herbert Stevens stays in the position.
- Adjusted several Canadian and Combined Syndicate character names to include the nicknames they are most commonly known as.
- Renamed William Zebulon Foster to William Edward Foster, as he was never actually named Zebulon.
- Nerfed the Combined Syndicates of America commanders Robert Sharon Allen, Smedley Darlington Butler, Evans Fordyce Carlson, Benjamin Oliver Davis Sr, Herbert Charles Heitke, Campbell Carrington Johnson, Robert Hale Merriman, Maurice Rose and David Monroe Shoup, each by one skill level.
- Nerfed the military advisor traits of the Combined Syndicates of America’s Smedley Darlington Butler, Evans Fordyce Carlson, Bessie Coleman, William Rea Furlong, Eddie August Henry Schneider and David Monroe Shoup.
- Added Jacob Loucks Devers, from the American Union State, and Campbell Carrington Johnson, as generals for the Combined Syndicates of America.
- Removed George H. Cannon as a general for the Combined Syndicates of America.
- Added a Chief of Army role to the Combined Syndicates of America’s commander James Kelly Parsons.
- Removed Robert Sharon Allen’s Chief of Army role for the Combined Syndicates of America.
- Added the Armour Officer trait to Robert Sharon Allen, the Organiser trait to Robert Hale Merriman, the Cavalry Officer trait to Benjamin Oliver Davis Sr and the Chief Engineer trait to Hyman Godolia Rickover.
- Removed the Reckless trait from the Combined Syndicates of America’s Maurice Rose.
- The Combined Syndicates of America’s naval advisors are now available from either of the “American People's Navy” or “New Naval Plan” national foci, instead of just the former.
- Nerfed the initial “Red Guards” national spirit for the Combined Syndicates of America.
- Improved the effect of the Combined Syndicates of America’s “Roll Out The AO-2” and “The Red Dragon” national foci.
- Increased the duration of the “New European Military Schools” national focus for the Combined Syndicates of America.
- Revised the AI’s logic in supporting or abandoning Hawaii.
- Hawaii’s faction-joining decisions are now quicker.
- The American Union State now leaves any factions if couped by Pelley, and a player-led leader of the Entente can choose to attack him in return.
- The United States now starts with medium tank designs.
- Player-controlled United States can now decide whether or not the assassination attempt on Huey Long or Jack Reed is successful.
- Removed “Canberra” from the America ship name lists, due to its presence being an OTL reference.
- Central America & the Caribbean
- Added a unique flag for Augusto César Sandino’s Centroamerica.
- Removed “Fulgencio Batista” from Cuba’s ship name lists.
- Added party descriptions to Cuba.
- The Dominican Republic’s Trujillo now loses his advisor roles after being fired.
- South America
- Demoted Argentina’s Pedro Eugenio Aramburu from Field Marshal to General.
- Tweaked the map colour of NatPop Brazil.
- Brazilian puppet Patagonia (the Kingdom of Araucania) now starts with a core on Neuquén.
- Releasing Brazil now retains Acre and the borderlands for separate decisions.
- Added a Head of Army role to Brazilian Field Marshal Eurico Gaspar Dutra.
- Nerfed the Head of Army trait belonged to Brazil’s Euclides de Oliveira Figueiredo.
- Removed the option to create a puppet Ecuador on the Galapagos Islands, as it resulted in Ecuador getting too many volunteers in subsequent wars.
- Updated and standardised the names of many Paraguayan characters.
- Western & Southern Europe
- Added Breton endonyms.
- Replaced the Union of Britain’s George Sutherland Aitken with George Nathan.
- Decreased the skill level of the Union of Britain’s Thomas Jacob Hutton.
- Added Henri Adeline, Florimond Bonte, Georges Revers and Jean-Édouard Verneau as generals to the Commune of France.
- Added Henri Adeline as a military advisor to the Commune of France.
- The Commune of France’s Maurice Gamelin is improved to a level 3 field marshal, with a different Chief of Army trait, but now has the Old Guard trait.
- The Commune of France’s Clement Blanc now has the Artillery Officer trait, Charles Delestraint now has the Armour Officer trait, Diego Brosset has swapped Infantry Officer for Engineer, and Raoul Magrin Vernerey has swapped Adaptable and Infantry Officer for Commando and Harsh Leader.
- The Commune of France’s Marie-Pierre Koenig now has a Chief of Army role.
- Increased the army experience reward given to the Commune of France’s “Communal Army” and “Grand Army Reform” national spirits.
- Countries can no longer choose not to attend the Internationale Congresses.
- Moved the general Aubert Frère to the Commune of France, from the French Republic.
- The Commune of France’s Jacques Sadoul is changed from a general to a political advisor.
- Removed colonial names from the Commune of France’s submarine name list.
- Added Alessandro Sardi as a general for the Italian Republic.
- AI-controlled Socialist Republic of Italy will now attempt to perform naval invasions on the Republic of Italy.
- The Canadian decision to support the Orange Order in socialist-controlled Ireland now spawns Northern Irish units rather than Irish ones.
- Portugal will now actively try to annex the Congo in peace conferences.
- Portugal can now intervene in the Third Boer War.
- Halved the political power cost in the United Kingdom’s reconstruction decisions.
- The United Kingdom can now ask for the return of Canadian and Australasian fleets.
- The United Kingdom’s naval national foci have been considerably nerfed.
- Added the option for a player to refuse handing over the leadership of the Entente to the United Kingdom, while playing a country other than Canada.
- Central & Northern Europe
- Revised the frequencies at which Austria goes each of its three paths.
- Pluralist Austria can no longer integrate any parts of Germany.
- Non-pluralist Austria can now core all of Germany.
- Austria can no longer potentially integrate the German-speaking part of Switzerland, unless they have reformed the German Empire.
- Austria and Germany now start with medium tank designs.
- Austria now retains south Germany when releasing the German Empire, to be decided in its own annexation event.
- The Austrian-led German Empire, and German splinters, can now integrate German border regions, and no longer get instant cores.
- Added new descriptions to the late infantry technology for Austria-Hungary and its constituents.
- Denmark now starts with a core on Greenland, which no longer causes resistance for any other occupying power.
- Added English translations of Finland’s party names.
- Lwow is now not automatically given to Poland in the latter’s annexation event, unless its controller chooses to give all of Galicia & Lodomeria to Poland.
- Updated the events surrounding the division of Galicia to Poland and Ukraine.
- Germany’s integration of Austria, Slovenia and Switzerland is now compliance-based.
- Improved Manfred von Richtofen’s unique trait.
- Added air bases as rewards to German aviation national foci.
- Improved Germany’s AI at defending from naval invasions.
- Expanded the release of the North German Federation to match the standard of the other three German splinters.
- Germany now starts with interwar anti-tank technology.
- Germany’s “Anti-Russian Foreign Policy” national spirit is now removed from countries that join Russia’s faction.
- Replaced the news event picture from the “Fall of Amsterdam” event.
- The Netherlands’ integration of Flanders is now compliance-based.
- Decreased the war-related stability debuff given to the Nordic Federation by the “Nordic Neutrality” national spirit.
- The Nordic Federation will now send volunteers to Finland and Germany in the Weltkrieg.
- Reichspakt Poland will now get kicked from their faction, should they declare war on a Habsburg-led Austria during the Weltkrieg.
- Republican Poland having a failed nationalist coup will now prevent the nationalist uprising from occurring.
- AI-controlled Republican Poland will now have a nationalist coup less often.
- Increased Poland’s priorities in completing its economic decisions.
- Poland can now only complete Operation Parasol if it has less than 20% surrender progress.
- Poland will now lose some monarchy influence when the King appoints Studnicki after the election, even if the Circle won the election.
- Tweaked the AI’s event choice priority in Poland’s Clover Revolution.
- Changed the icon for Poland’s “20th Century Cavalry Tactics” national spirit.
- Releasing the Rhenish German splinter state now requires control of Cologne or Essen.
- Added Bogumil Vošnjak as the NatPop leader of Slovenia.
- Added Leon Rupnik as a general for Slovenia.
- Increased the amount of steel that Sweden gains in Kiruna.
- Updated several of Switzerland’s national focus icons.
- The Kingdom of Two Sicilies Confederation now gives annexed territory to its Italian puppets.
- Added two starting military factories to the Kingdom of Two Sicilies.
- Eastern & Southeast Europe
- The AI will now prioritise giving lands in the Balkans to an ally, rather than releasing puppets.
- Added an alternate description Bulgaria’s “Anti-Belgrade Pact”, should the Belgrade Pact be already defeated.
- The Estonian admiral Johan Pitka no longer starts in the United Baltic Duchy.
- Added party descriptions to Latvia.
- Latvia can now organise a state visit to NatPop Russia, so long as the latter is Realpolitik.
- Buffed several Latvia traits, national spirits and national foci.
- Added more trains to Latvia’s starting stockpiles.
- Added air bases to decisions and national foci rewards for Lithuania and the United Baltic Duchy.
- Added option in Macedonia’s annexation event, for it to be offered to Bulgaria or Serbia in exchange for an alliance.
- Increased the amount of war support drain that Romania receives from integration of Transylvania.
- Halved the maluses incurred by Romania’s “Great Game”.
- Romania can now attack Austria immediately if Austria is at war, ignoring normal revolt preparations in Transylvania.
- Romania is now able to core Bucovina without owning Transylvania.
- Romania will now no longer try to join Russia’s faction if they previously were at war.
- Russia’s annexation event can now result in the release of the Mountain Republic, made up of part of the Northern Caucasus under Russian control
- Made multiple tweaks to Russia’s political power, stability, and war support situation.
- Expansionist Russia can now invite Romania to the Moscow Accord, so long as Germany has been beaten and Serbia is also in the faction.
- Moved Russian military advisors Sergey Korolyov and Sergey Rudenko to Ukraine, replacing them with Aleksandr Novikov and Mikhail Yangel.
- Added a volunteer limit bonus to the “Twilight Struggle” national spirit, associated with the Russian/Entente event against the Internationale.
- Imperial Russia can now choose to just empower the Hohenzollerns for a puppet German Empire, instead of a Romanov.
- Socialist Russia now uses a slightly different green.
- Socialist Russia will now declare war on Central Asia before joining the Internationale.
- Nerfed Socialist Russia’s war support and starting stability.
- Added more AutDem party popularity for Russia’s Wrangel path.
- Serbia will now keep its core on Montenegro, if it loses the Fourth Balkan War.
- Added a two year truce and non-aggression pact to the Belgrade Pact’s Treaty of Budapest with Austria.
- Added generic Ukrainian name lists.
- Tweaked costs of several Eastern European Defence Cooperation decisions.
- Replaced the consumer goods cost from Eastern European Defence Cooperation contributions, with a political power cost.
- The United Baltic Duchy’s integration of Latgale is now compliance-based.
- Decreased the weekly stability loss from White Ruthenia’s “Solidifying Our Identity” national spirit.
- Added a new description a White Ruthenian upgrade to the infantry weapon technology, featuring Najman’s hand mortar.
- Adamawa and Cameroon can now claim and integrate Ubangi-Shari on their own during the annexation event, not just when granted by their overlord or ally.
- Removed Cape Verde-Guinea as a releasable puppet, as Cape Verde remains an integral part of Portugal.
- Adjusted the starting borders of the Manikongo’s secession from Mittelafrika.
- Added additional outcomes for Ethiopia’s DKAEB event chain.
- Changed some Ethiopian national spirit icons.
- The French Republic’s “Indestructible Bonds” national focus now gives claims on the states changed between the French Republic and the United Kingdom.
- The French Republic’s “Expand Communications in the Colonies” national focus now gives a bonus to the Psychological Warfare agency upgrade, if the “La Résistance” DLC is enabled.
- Changed the French Republic’s starting occupation laws, to match the in-game lore.
- The French Republic now gets a compliance bonus on Chad, after the completion of the “Fate of Equatorial Africa” national focus, and the merging of the area’s administration with French West Africa.
- The French Republic can now no longer call its allies in to help with the native revolts, unless facing three or more at once.
- The French Republic no longer uses African-style generic commanders.
- Increased the weekly stability debuff and decreased the party popularity stability modifier applied to the German Government in Exile’s “On Borrowed Time” national spirit.
- Removed Katanga’s national focus to integrate itself into Südwestafrika.
- Tweaked the visibility of some Katanagan national foci dependent on availability.
- Adjusted the conditions for Mittelafrika’s collapse. It will now only happen as a result of von Göring’s failure to quell the revolts against his rule, and for the German Government in Exile.
- Added leader descriptions to Mittelafrika.
- Replaced the stability bonus in Mittelafrika’s “Spirit of von Lettow-Vorbeck” national spirit with a war support bonus.
- Kenya and Nigeria are now allowed to secede during the Mittelafrikan collapse, if not previously subjugated.
- Von Göring’s Mittelafrika can no longer become free before dealing with its revolts.
- Added a tooltip for Mittelafika’s von Göring resigning, so that it's clearer this is what is happening, and removed its associated extensive stability and political power penalties.
- Rewrote several Mittelafrikan events, including the setup for the Kikuyu uprising. Also removed several outdated events.
- Removed Ludwig Bockholt and Theodor von Hassel as potential replacement leaders of Mittelafrika.
- Added party names and leaders to Nyasaland.
- South Africa’s Third Boer War peace now only requires a 180 day stalemate, instead of an entire year.
- Added bypasses to two of South Africa’s Nuweveld national foci.
- Rebalanced much of the Third Boer War.
- Caucasus & Middle-East
- Alash Orda, Bukhara, Khiva, and Turkestan can now claim and core Ashkhabad.
- Tweaked the map colours for Alash Orda and Khiva, and updated it entirely to Turkestan.
- Georgia can join the Reichspakt when World Tension is over 75%.
- Iraq’s Yusuf Salman Yusuf no longer uses a picture of a living person.
- Added several new political advisors to Lebanon.
- Tweaked multiple Lebanese events, modifiers and traits.
- Added more content to Lebanon’s war with Syria, and its build-up.
- Added an option for player-controlled Najd & Hasa to leave the Cairo Pact.
- Removed a reference referring to Mustafa Kemal as “Atatürk”, which he would not be called in the Kaiserreich timeline.
- Decreased some of the political power gain for the late-game Ottoman Empire.
- NatPop Ottomans will now also have Azerbaijan rebel against them, during their large revolt.
- Removed the ability of the NatPop Ottomans to join the Moscow Accord after defeating their large revolt.
- Added Turkish endonyms for Albania, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Greece, Western Persia and Tunisia.
- Decreased the cost of several of Turkey’s expansion decisions.
- Updated the icon of Turkey’s “Turkish-Iraqi Economic Accord” national spirit.
- Tweaked the effect of a few of Yemen’s national foci.
- East Asia
- Added a description to Anqing’s Sun Liren.
- AI China will now always annex Mongolia, Tibet and Xinjiang.
- Removed the “Autonomy” puppets of the above Chinese conquests.
- Chinese concessions will always be returned by socialist countries, if they are requested.
- China can no longer declare unification if a neighbouring country is still hostile.
- Clarified the requirement of the Northwest War being over, for China’s decisions to ally with the Kumul Khatate, Ma Clique and Xinjiang.
- Wuhan now merges from its constituent parts, should it be made the capital of China.
- An AI-controlled Chinese splinter that controls Beijing will never now accept a submission demand.
- Adjusted East Turkestan’s national foci to account for potentially being a puppet.
- Fengtian can now be invited to the Japanese economic sphere.
- Japan’s “Operation Ichi-Gou” now bypasses if the strongest Chinese splinter is defeated.
- Japan’s peace with Germany will now result in all German allies being removed from the Legation Council.
- Japan’s “Fading Sun” mission will autocomplete if Japan is directly invaded successfully.
- Japan will now remove countries from the Co-Prosperity Sphere economic bloc if they are puppeted by another country.
- Japan will now add non-aggression pacts and truces upon peacing out with European countries, and mutual wargoals will be removed.
- Removed land-based carrier planes from Japan’s starting air force.
- Renamed Liangguang’s HH Kung to Kong Xiangxi.
- The Nanjing clique now doesn’t lose the “Conspicuous Kleptocracy” national spirit until it completes the “Government by Coercion” national focus.
- Manchu Qing will lose the general Sun Liren, if he is with them and they adopt a pro-German outlook.
- Merged Qing’s “Demand Warlords Bend the Knee” national focus into the “Pacify the Nation” national focus, to avoid them having a focus with potentially no effect.
- Russia can now choose whether to retain Port Arthur or not when releasing Manchuria.
- Added Wu Huawen and Lu Jin to Shandong as generals and Military High Command advisors.
- Changed the Military High Command trait of Shandong’s Jin Yune.
- Shanghai now turns PatAut or NatPop if puppeted.
- Rebalanced some of Shanxi’s Balance of Power mechanics to have a more even outcome.
- Sichuan is now set as a potential government when Chen Jiongming arrives.
- Sichuan’s Tian Songyao is now retired if Liu Wenhui loses the “Two Lius' War”.
- Added descriptions to Taiwan’s new puppet leaders, and changed the name given to the island depending on its ideology.
- Added seconds-in-command and political advisors to Taiwan.
- Added a division limit bonus to Transamur’s “Greater Transamur Ambitions” national spirit.
- Yunnan’s Zhu De can now align with Chen Mingshu, if the Left Kuomintang are defeated in the League Collapse War.
- South Asia & Oceania
- AI Afghanistan will now always accept Russia's demand of subjugation if isolated.
- Added Henry Douglas Wynter as a general for Australasia.
- Increased the level of Australasian generals Horace Clement Hugh Robertson and Iven Giffard Mackay, adding the “Desert Fox” trait to the former.
- Renamed the Bharatiya Commune’s Sardar Patel to Vallabhbhai Jhaverbhai Patel.
- Renamed several of the Bharatiya’s political parties.
- Removed the delay in uprisings involving the Bharatiya Commune and Princely Federation.
- Increased the starting stability and war support for the Bharatiya Commune.
- Moved the commanders Kodandera Madappa Cariappa, Jayanto Nath Chaudhuri and Satyawant Mallanna Shrinagesh to the Bharatiya Commune, from the Princely Federation, Madras and Mysore, respectively.
- Removed the Bharatiya Commune’s commanders Naseem Haider and Mahendra Pratap.
- Burma now starts the game with cores on Kachin, Upper and Lower Shan.
- Expanded Cambodia’s annexation event options to now include the country being released as a republic, or a kingdom with one of two different dynasties.
- The Dutch East Indies accepting the Congress of Batavia now causes them to be instantly annexed by the Netherlands.
- Fiji is no longer given back to Australasia, if puppeted.
- The Dominion of India is now known as the “Republic of India” if it leaves the Entente, rather than just “India”.
- The Dominion of India no longer renames itself to just "India" after reunifying India.
- Increased the starting army and stockpiles of the Dominion of India and Princely Federation.
- Improved the starting “Rifle Division” template for the Dominion of India.
- Added three starting offmap military factories to the Dominion of India.
- Added a tooltip to let the player know which states will be transferred upon India seizing Ceylon.
- Added an option for India to be declared on by Germany, should the former seize Ceylon.
- Replaced the manpower requirement in Indian national focuses with a World Tension level requirement.
- Added Hindustan as its own releasable, separate to the Bharatiya Commune.
- Indian splinters now get a claim on Sikkim upon releasing Bhutan or Nepal.
- Each Indian splinter will now try not to pursue territorial claims until after reunification.
- Renamed several Indian national foci.
- Added Sarojini Naidu as SocLib, Madan Mohan Malaviya as SocCon, Madhav Sadashivrao Golwalkar as AutDem/PatAut and Vinayak Damodar Savarkar as NatPop puppet leaders of India, respectively.
- Replaced Chin Peng with Zhuang Mingli as the leader of socialist Malaya, due to the former only starting secondary education in 1936.
- Moved the commander Akbar Khan to Pakistan, from the Bharatiya Commune.
- Added party descriptions to Papua New Guinea, and a socialist leader and second-in-command.
- Increased the Consumer Goods debuff for the Princely Federations’ “Backwards Economy” national spirit.
- Replaced the free unit spawn from a Princely Federations’ event, with a minor war support bonus.
- Removed the Princely Federations’ “Pact with the North” national focus, since that will now always happen by necessity.
- Removed the initial division recovery rate bonus in the Princely Federation’s “Decentralised Rule” national spirit.
- Replaced the division recovery rate malus with an organisational malus in the Princely Federation’s “Rebellious Princes” national spirit.
- Improved the AI for the revolters against the Princely Federation.
- Nerfed the Princely Federation’s starting stability and equipment.
- Added some Operation names to Siam.
Change notes continue in the comments due to Reddit's character limit.
- Added an option to the in-game start menu, linking to the page where a player can report a bug directly to the Devs, allowing them to be fixed more quickly.
- Enabling integration mid-game now applies the correct resistance and occupation law.
- Increased baseline unit limit bonus to +8 from +5.
- Added two new Ukrainian quotes for the loading screen.
- Replaced a Boris Savinkov quote with one that was said by Boris himself, instead of a character in a book he had written.
- Renamed the “Artillery Specialist” trait to “Artillery Leader”. Made “Fortress Buster” trait now available to commanders holding either “Artillery Leader” or “Engineer” traits, and the Artillery Military High Command role is now unlocked by “Artillery Leader” instead of “Fortress Buster”.
- Buffed the effects of several political advisor traits.
- Overhauled the tank design templates and armour division composition, and number of tank divisions that the AI will try to research and create.
- Tweaked the AI’s air production priority between close air support and fighters.
- Decreased the cost of awarding medals to division commanders by 50%.
- Increased the AI’s priority in circumstantially defending their allies’ borders.
- Generic advisors no longer have the “Ideological Crusader” or “Quartermaster General” traits.
- Increased the AI’s priority in hiring a Chief of Army, in comparison to Chiefs of Navy and Air Force.
- Improved the AI’s decisions in choosing the Army Academy spirits.
- Added generic Arab name lists.
- Increased the AI’s willingness to perform naval invasions against enemies with a larger navy.
- Multiple typo corrections and text inconsistency removals.
We hope you enjoy playing Kaiserreich as much as we did making it! - The KR4 Team: 84F8D8, Alpinia, Arvidus, Augenis, Blackfalcon501, Carmain, Chazem, Chiang Kai-shrek, Chiron29, Cody, Conchobhar, DuoDex, El Daddy, Fedex, Flamefang, Gaboemi, Gideones, Hamfast, hildagrim, Ido, Igor050301, JazzyHugh, Jeankedezeehond, Jonny BL, Juliet Wehrwolf, Kano, katieluka, Kennedy, kergely, KFateweaver, Klyntar King, Krčo, Luwofe, Matoro, McOmghall, ~mw~ // miwaco, NukeGaming, Owenomaly, PPsyrius, Pelmen, RagnoStrangeros, Rnk, Shiroe, Sonny O’Cad, SuperGreenBeans, suzuha, The Alpha Dog, The Irredentista, The Italian Jojo, Vidyaország, and Zimbabwe Salt Co.
submitted by MatoroTBS
to Kaiserreich [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 20:13 SchlesingerMindy323 [HIRING] 25 Jobs in LA Hiring Now!
Hey guys, here are some recent job openings in la. Feel free to comment here or send me a private message if you have any questions, I'm at the community's disposal! If you encounter any problems with any of these job openings please let me know that I will modify the table accordingly. Thanks!
submitted by SchlesingerMindy323
to LouisianaJobsForAll [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 20:03 Aggressive-Nature-51 How the Rockets can become a Superteam this decade.
2022-2023: The Houston Rockets led by their Young core of KPJ, Jalen Green, and Jabari Smith Jr, have a 60 loss season embarrassing the city of Houston, disgusting
2023-2024: In the off-season, the Rockets make a trade with the Hornets, they give up Josh Christopher, Jalen Green and KJ Martin for Lamelo Ball and a draft swap alonf with 2 first round picks for 2024 and 2025, James Harden also returns, James Harden, Lamelo Ball, and Scoot Henderson come in, they will also sign Miles Bridges and Jaylen Brown as he comes back due to Ime Udokoa, the Houston Rockets improve to a 5th seed and make the NBA playoffs, they end up beating LA in the first round with Harden dominating Austin Reaves, and Jaylen Brown clamping down on LeBron holding him to 21 points, they then reach the Second Round agianst the defending Champs, the Denver Nuggets losing, in a Heartbreaker in Toyota, the Rockets record that year of 52-30, putting them safely out of the Draft lottery, with the Brooklyn Nets' pick the Houston Rockets select, Brown James putting more talent on the roster he becomes a solid sharpshooter off the bench, and since LeBron said it himself, whatever team gets Bronny gets him, LeBron takes his talents to the H, LeBron James, Bronny, Lamelo Ball, Jaylen Brown all coached by Ime Udokoa create a Superteam.
2024-2025: The New Superteam composed of aging LeBron and James Harden manages to will their way to a 59-23 season, and win the First Round in a Sweep, Wemby is no match for the Rockets who tear the Spurs to the ground, and in the Second, the Rockets beat the Nuggets win the Conference finals agianst LA led by Kyrie make it to the finals and face off against the Milwaukee Bucks, it is a whooping, Houston wins 4-1 as Giannis struggles to keep up with the Superteam
2025-2026: The Rockets are the defending Champs of the NBA, Ime has a ring to his name, and a new Challenger is beginning to rise in the state, the San Antonio Spurs, led by Victor Wembanyama, who now have won 50 games, the Spurs' young core is looking to inflict devastion on our city, the Rockets and their Superteam however manage to easily defeat them though and win another chip, they repeat, this time winning 4-2, LeBron is looking to ride off into the sunset, and James Harden is getting older and older, so LeBron retires, and James Harden is traded away to the Clippers st the age of 35, also Steph Curry went to the Hornies, the Rockets now rely on Jaylen Brown, LaMelo and starting Bronny
2026-2027: After the retirements and the roster changes Houston goes 51-31, Bronny wins Most Improved Player, LaMelo is an all star caliber guy and Jaylen Brown continues to put on a show, but Wemby this season is too much to overcome, and gives the Rockets a Heartbreaker in the WCF on his way to a finals 4-2 loss
2027-2028: The Houston Rockets, are now an rebound story, going from a 60 loss season to a rebound and a WCF appearance, Bronny James is maturing into a monster and come 2028, he wins MVP, and carries Houston to a ring,
submitted by Aggressive-Nature-51
to nba [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 19:58 SchlesingerMindy323 [HIRING] 25 Jobs in LA Hiring Now!
Hey guys, here are some recent job openings in la. Feel free to comment here or send me a private message if you have any questions, I'm at the community's disposal! If you encounter any problems with any of these job openings please let me know that I will modify the table accordingly. Thanks!
submitted by SchlesingerMindy323
to LAJobsForAll [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 19:53 newmusicrls Defected New House Music 26-May-2023
GENRE House, Deep House, Afro House, Dance / Electro Pop, Jackin House, Nu Disco / Disco, Soulful House, Tech House, Minimal / Deep Tech
- Majestic, Sara Sukkha – Dance All Night feat. Sara Sukkha (Extended Mix) 04:42 126bpm Am
- Bob Sinclar – Vision Of Paradise (Riva Starr Extended Remix) 06:11 125bpm G
- Superlover – Piano Pump (NiCe7 Extended Remix) 06:46 124bpm Fm
- Jansons – Nite Life (Original Mix) 05:00 128bpm A
- Roach Motel – Wild Luv (Harry Romero Extended Remix) 07:21 124bpm F
- Josh Wink – Pan Gloss (Original Mix) 07:03 125bpm Gm
- Ziyon, China Charmeleon, AndileAndy – Tunnel Vision feat. Ziyon (Rocco Rodamaal Remix) 06:10 122bpm Am
- Makez, dreamcastmoe – Phases feat. dreamcastmoe (dego Remix) 03:15 111bpm C
- Jungle – Dominoes (Original Mix) 02:57 108bpm Dm
- Kitty Amor, Somadina – I Saw An Angel On The Roof & Wept (Kitty Amor ‘s Remix) 03:03 118bpm F
- Folamour – Poundland Anthem (Original Mix) 05:55 125bpm Dm
- Bontan, AMEME, Don Bello Ni – Batonga (Original Mix) 03:35 125bpm A
- Chris Stussy – All Night Long (Original Mix) 07:06 133bpm Fm
- Acid Jerks – Utopia Vision (Original Mix) 07:04 125bpm Gm
- Eddie Fowlkes – Talking To Me (Extended Mix) 05:16 128bpm G
- Jayda G – Meant To Be (Original Mix) 03:44 118bpm Gm
- Jitwam, Hadiya George – phoenix feat. Hadiya George (Original Mix) 02:33 115bpm Em
- Stefan Braatz, Virgo Four – Everyman Jack (Extended Mix) 06:11 124bpm Em
- Chloé Caillet, Falle Nioke, Wekaforé – In The Middle feat. Falle Nioke & Wekaforé (Original Mix) 03:37 124bpm E
- Waajeed, Dames Brown – Glory (Original Mix) 03:52 125bpm Bb
- Paul Johnson, Seth Troxler, HoneyLuv – Sex & The City (Clean) (Original Mix) 07:46 126bpm G maj
- Cakes Da Killa – Luv Me Nots (DJ Minx Remix) 03:29 124bpm Dm
- Masters At Work – Funky Anané (MAW Jazzy Dub) 06:13 122bpm Dm
- Sio, Atmos Blaq – Abandonment Issues (Extended Mix) 06:08 120bpm Dbm
- Tobirus Mozelle, Tasty Lopez, GIDEÖN – Brighter Day (Edit) 03:49 123bpm Fm
- Jasper James – What You Say (Original Mix) 05:15 125bpm Bbm
- Mihalis Safras, Yvan Genkins – Las Solteras (Extended Mix) 05:15 132bpm Db
- Sam Divine, Dope Earth Alien – Salty feat. Dope Earth Alien (Extended Mix) 05:13 126bpm Fm
- Intr0beatz – More Cowbell Please (Original Mix) 06:45 120bpm F
- Radio Slave – Wake Up (Original Mix) 06:18 106bpm Fm
- Dennis Quin – Lucky Bastard (Original Mix) 05:00 129bpm Eb
- MD X-Spress – God Made Me Phunky (Jess Bays Extended Remix) 07:23 128bpm Abm
- Paige Tomlinson – Get Funky, Get Down (Original Mix) 06:22 131bpm A
- Nic Fanciulli, Butch – I Want You (Extended Mix) 08:30 125bpm Dbm
- Jansons – 11 Stereo (Original Mix) 06:15 128bpm Abm
- Jungle – Candle Flame (Opolopo Remix Edit) 03:34 120bpm Am
- Manda Moor – Picante (Original Mix) 05:44 131bpm Abm
- Darius Syrossian, George Smeddles – Moontime (Ruze Remix) 06:14 126bpm Dm
- Made By Pete, Zoe Kypri – Horizon Red (Black Coffee Remix) 09:25 120bpm G
- Intr0beatz – Can’t Wait To Meet You (Original Mix) 07:54 122bpm C
- The Shapeshifters – Lola’s Theme (VIP) 07:18 125bpm Gm
- Honey Dijon, Cor.Ece – Stand feat. Cor.Ece (Extended Mix) 05:22 110bpm C
- Mason Collective – A Little Affection (Extended Mix) 05:50 126bpm Dm
- YOURS – IN THE MORNING (Original Mix) 03:06 124bpm Gbm
- St. David – Feel Da Groove (Original Mix) 07:12 126bpm Gm
- Archie Hamilton, HQA – Let The Light In feat. HQA (Extended Mix) 07:03 126bpm F
- Mason Collective – Lost My Way (Extended Mix) 06:03 127bpm Dbm
- Phil Weeks, Mikey V – Spinnin’ (Original Mix) 06:39 125bpm Cm
- Seamus Haji, Michael Gray, Audrey Martells – Wish (Extended Mix) 05:53 120bpm Bm
- Oliver Dollar – School Daze (Original Mix) 05:52 120bpm Gm
submitted by newmusicrls
to HypeTracks [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 19:45 slagnorth NYC to Johnson City, TB
Im in a really bad position and the only way I can think to make this trip is by doing this. My ex was a trucker so I know it’s a big stop for a lot of NE drivers. Is there anyone going through NYC to Johnson City, TN.
submitted by slagnorth
to Truckers [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 19:43 SchlesingerMindy323 [HIRING] 25 Jobs in LA Hiring Now!
Hey guys, here are some recent job openings in la. Feel free to comment here or send me a private message if you have any questions, I'm at the community's disposal! If you encounter any problems with any of these job openings please let me know that I will modify the table accordingly. Thanks!
submitted by SchlesingerMindy323
to EmploymentLouisiana [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 18:15 q_Lord Cars/SUVs similar to the discontinued Prius V?
Toyota has discontinued Prius V since 2017. What are the best hybrid SUVs or SUV-like cars with great mpgs like Prius V?
The 2017 Prius V has 43 mpg city and 39 mpg highway.
It seems the 2023 RAV4 Hybrid is the closest one? It has 41 mpg city and 38 mpg highway. Are there other hybrid SUVs with great fuel economy out there (not necessarily from Toyota)?
submitted by q_Lord
to prius [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 17:52 KylesRockiesBurner Came to get her ringer, stayed to see our favorite Dinger
2023.05.29 17:51 halcyondaze21 Used Mini Cooper vs. Used Fiat?
I (40F) am looking at buying a used car and I'm really liking both the Mini Cooper and Fiat 4-door models. I'm considering 2016ish models which generally have around 100k miles and are around 10k give or take.
I'm hesitant because I've read mixed reviews on both cars. There seem to be specific years to avoid and some models might have even been recalled at some point. But other reviews are positive and the owners of these cars seem to love them!
Currently, I own a 2003 Toyota Celica that is still running, but I've outgrown it. Now that I'm older, the bucket seats are killing my back and it's really difficult to drive my elderly parents around in a 2-door. I work remotely so I would use this mostly for city driving, like running errands and getting around, at opposed to daily hour+ commutes or road trips.
I don't expect either of these cars to be as reliable as my Toyota, but I just want it to last at least 5-7 years and then I can revisit getting an EV when the market has better options. What do you guys think? Mini or Fiat? Which is the most reliable and fun to drive?
submitted by halcyondaze21
to whatcarshouldIbuy [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 17:50 Dangerous-Bag-7327 [HIRING] 10 Jobs in Philadelphia Hiring Now!
Hey guys, here are some recent job openings in philadelphia. Feel free to comment here or send me a private message if you have any questions, I'm at the community's disposal! If you encounter any problems with any of these job openings please let me know that I will modify the table accordingly. Thanks!
submitted by Dangerous-Bag-7327
to PhiladelphiaJobForAll [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 17:20 PritchettRobert506 [HIRING] 7 Jobs in Minneapolis Hiring Now!
Hey guys, here are some recent job openings in minneapolis. Feel free to comment here or send me a private message if you have any questions, I'm at the community's disposal! If you encounter any problems with any of these job openings please let me know that I will modify the table accordingly. Thanks!
submitted by PritchettRobert506
to MinneapolisJobsForAll [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 15:00 stonescoldtakes NFL Update: 05/22/2023 - 05/28/2023 - OTAs are Back!!!
— Individual Team News + Stone’s Cold Takes
— Miscellaneous/Other NFL News
— Restaurant of the Week - Washington D.C. Arizona Cardinals:
- Released WR DeAndre Hopkins and he listed out info about what he wants in his next team:
- Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts, Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Justin Herbert
- He wants stable management and a great defense
- Some folks in AZ were upset with Hopkins because he sat out the last couple of games
- S Budda Baker says he will be at camp when its time for him to be there
After some decent news the last couple weeks for this organization there wasn’t really anything great from this week besides maybe the fact that if WR DeAndre Hopkins was a distraction to the team he now no longer is one. It will be interesting to see how things play out this year. Atlanta Falcons:
- FB Keith Smith was arrested on traffic charges
- Driving with a suspended license he claims was a misunderstanding
- K Younghoe Koo didn’t ask for money from RB Bijan Robinson to give him his number but asked him to pick a charity at some point down the road to donate to
- Will have joint practices with the Dolphins
It sounds like the situation with Keith Smith should get resolved rather quickly and was more of a misunderstanding than anything else. It will be fun for this young team to have joint practices with Miami and it will be a good way for their defense to get an initial test from an elite offense. I am sure the Dolphins won’t reveal all of their tricks but either way they will have to worry about guarding an elite offense with elite playmakers. Baltimore Ravens:
- QB Lamar Jackson expects a more pass-heavy offense under new OC Todd Monken
- WR Michael Thomas separate his shoulder and could require labrum surgery
- WR Rashod Bateman who just played just 6 games was on the field for OTAs on Monday
- Waived Daelin Hayes
- S Kyle Hamilton excited for expanded role with the team
- Tony Jefferson is retiring and joining the team as a scout
- DL Angelo Blackson
- QB Josh Johnson
It is crazy to think about how just about a month ago the news around the Ravens was all negative and that it seemed like the relationship with Lamar was fractured. Now here we are and Lamar seems about as happy as can be and is excited about the offense that is being installed under new OC Todd Monken. It will be exciting for him as well to have WR Rashod Bateman back who I still think can be a key playmaker on the team. It appears the Ravens could be set for big things even in a tough division. Buffalo Bills:
- No surprise, QB Josh Allen is hyper-focused and wants to win a Super Bowl
- S Damar Hamlin is back out working out on the field
- WR Stefon Diggs did not attend OTAs
- EDGE Von Miller guarantees he will play by week 6 but is not rushing anything
- S Dean Marlowe
- Joel Wilson
Great to see the that S Damar Hamlin was back out practicing. I know it has been some time since his collapse on the field but it still feels like yesterday that I was watching that game in complete shock at what I had witnessed and worry for him and his family. WR Stefon Diggs being absent at OTAs is not a big deal to me. QB Josh Allen has a lot of other guys he needs to get familiar and work in with anyways and a lot of star players don’t attend OTAs to either get rest/recovery or to do their own workouts with their private coaches. I imagine he and Kincaid will be deadly this year and who knows they may even have WR DeAndre Hopkins joining them as the Bills were one of two teams that inquired and had talks about a trade for him. Carolina Panthers:
- TE Hayden Hurst is recovering from sports hernia surgery
- QB Bryce Young is taking most of the first team reps
Not too much news here other than what we saw and heard from OTAs about Bryce Young getting to take most of the 1st team reps. It appears that he looked good and his teammates were saying great things about him. It is tough to judge any quarterback though in the offseason because no matter what folks always say their young or new quarterback is looking amazing and things are progressing nicely. I will say though I have heard the most good things coming out from camps about him and Anthony Richardson of the Colts. Chicago Bears:
- QB Justin Fields excited about the growth WR Chase Claypool had over offseason
- Got permission to begin demolition of Arlington Park racetrack
Good news for Chicago fans who are excited for their move. It seems that things are proceeding nicely with the process of moving to a new stadium. Also, great to hear that Chase Claypool may be able to make more of a difference this year. It would be hard to be less effective than what he was last year for this team. I still believe he can be a major impact player like many expected him to be when he entered the league. It will be key for him to become Fields’ go to receiver over some of the other talent they have on the team. Cincinnati Bengals:
- Want to sign WR Tee Higgins and LB Logan Wilson to long term extensions
- Have made their initial push for QB Joe Burrow
This team has a lot to do in terms of contracts that they need to get figured out. The team view Tee Higgins in very high regard and so does Joe Burrow as they should. They also really want to get Logan Wilson signed. However, what will come out to being the biggest of the contracts they do this offseason is that of Joe Burrow. What will continue to make things tough here is the longer it takes for Justin Hebert to get his deal done because Burrow will likely be the last of the 4 quarterbacks to sign his because it is presumed he will get the most money and has an agent who like to wait til the last minute. Cleveland Browns:
- WR Elijah Moore feels good now that he feels wanted with his new team
- EDGE Za’Darius Smith is excited to be facing the Ravens this year
All good news for Browns fans so far. The team is looking good and their appears to be a lot of good vibes coming out of practice. WR DeAndre Hopkins is even considering coming to Cleveland for the chance to play with his old QB. Also, WR Elijah Moore is looking crisp and at least for the moment it appears he is much happier. It will all depend on if he actually gets the ball thrown to him during the season though. Dallas Cowboys:
- HC Mike McCarthy is keeping offense in Dak’s language despite the changeup in play callers
Not too much news here which is good for this franchise because they are almost always the center of attention. The main thing I took away from this week was just that things seems to be going well with McCarthy and Dak working together on the offense but that there have been some growing pains at least initially getting used to new systems as expected. Denver Broncos:
- Waived Hunter Thedford with injury settlement
- Released K Brandon McManus
- K Brett Maher worked out for the team
- QB Russell Wilson has lost a lot of weight this offseason
- HC Sean Payton excited about what S Kareem Jackson can do to help team
- RB Javonte Williams was limited in OTAs starting on Thursday
- T Cam Fleming to a 1-year $4m deal
- DT Tyler Lancaster
It appeared to shock just about everyone when the news broke about K Brandon McManus getting released because he had become a fan favorite over the years in Denver. QB Russell Wilson has lost a lot of weight and it is evident just from seeing him this offseason. I didn’t think his weight was the issue hindering him last year but hopefully he can feel he is playing at a healthier weight. What I think most Denver fans were excited to see was RB Javonte Williams back on the practice field. He is going to end up being the real difference maker this year and whether this team competes with the top of the AFC or not will largely depend on him making the rest of the offense’s life easy or not. Detroit Lions:
- Former WR Calvin Johnson was at OTAs this week after having been away from the organization following a rough falling out post-retirement
- RB David Montgomery said that losing with the Bears “sucked the fun out of the game”
- WR Jameson Williams says that he didn’t know about the gambling policy; HC Dan Campbell feels he is miles ahead in terms of his talent already
- Traded an undisclosed draft pick for K Riley Patterson
- Signed a 1-year $2.35m deal
- RB David Montgomery and LB Malcolm Rodriguez left practice due to injury
- Team has done their homework on free agent WR DeAndre Hopkins
- NFL is investigation another Lions player about league gambling rules violations
- OL Germain Ifedi
- Max Pircher through international player pathway program
A lot of news here. Let’s start with the bad news. It appears that they may be having more penalties come down on their team/players due to the league’s gambling policy as their is an ongoing investigation into a 5th player from the team. Also, David Montgomery and Malcolm Rodriguez left the field with injuries. It is still early though and they appear to be minor injuries so hopefully it won’t affect them in the long term. Now some good news. It sounds like WR Jameson Williams is progressing nicely and the team got a new kicker in Riley Patterson from the Jaguars who should help the improve there. Lastly and maybe the biggest news is that Calvin “Megatron” Johnson was at OTAs hanging out with coaches and players. Many are hoping those good vibes carry over into the season. Green Bay Packers:
- Cut TE Nick Guggemos
- Will host the 2025 NFL Draft
- HC Matt LaFleur is please with Jordan Love but still need to work on a lot of things
Exciting news that Green Bay will get the draft in 2025! I was thinking they would try and stick to more southern states but they clearly are willing to go North with Detroit and now Green Bay being the hosts of the next two. HC Matt LaFleur appears to be being honest with everything and trying to temper expectations a bit with Jordan Love taking over. This could be to help take pressure off of Love and also just be the flat out truth that with any young quarterback it is going to take some time. Houston Texans:
- Appears DeMeco Ryans may not be too sure about pursuing Jadeveon Clowney
- HC DeMeco Ryans expects the o-line to be a strength for this team
- Currently it is a QB competition between Davis Mills and CJ Stroud
- Other teams have been inquiring about QB Davis Mills
I am not surprised about DeMeco Ryans hesitancy about pursuing Jadeveon Clowney. First of all he just may not want to reveal his cards to others in the league about what he is thinking. The other thing is that he is one that likes for his defense to have an identity and a really good work ethic. I am not saying that Clowney can’t fit that mold but it just makes the selection process for what Ryans wants on defense that much more thorough. The other news that surprised some but something I mentioned a couple of weeks ago is that QB Davis Mills will compete with Stroud for the starting job and is viewed as a desirable QB to other teams around the league. I know his stats haven’t been the best but I am not sure any of the young quarterbacks would have done well with what the Texans organization has been the last couple years. At the end of the day CJ Stroud will end up being the team’s starter due to draft status and probably will be the more talented, better option. Indianapolis Colts:
- No timetable for Shaquille Leonard to resume practicing
- QB Anthony Richardson was running a similar offense to what Jalen Hurts has run in Philly and was very impressive (splitting 1st team reps)
Overall things seems to be good for the organization. The main thing we are all waiting on is when Shaq Leonard will be able to get back out there and start practicing. It makes sense not to have him practicing now since things are optional anyways. The hype has been there for QB Anthony Richardson thus far and it appears he may be closer to starting right away than a lot of people thought. Jacksonville Jaguars:
- Traded K Riley Patterson to the Lions for an undisclosed draft pick
- RB Travis Etienne looking forward to doing some fine-tuning this year
- Signed Brandon McManus
Not too much news out of Jacksonville other than the change at the kicker position. Things got busy and they were able to trade K Riley Patterson to the Lions rather than release like the reports had said prior. Then they went out and got a proven veteran in K Brandon McManus who had just been released from the Broncos squad. This team is going to be interesting this year and will go as far QB Trevor Lawrence can take them. Does not hurt to have the veteran kicker for the big moments that could be coming for this organization. Kansas City Chiefs:
- HC Andy Reid is not a fan of the kickoff rule change hinting at the NFL getting closer to being flag football
- TE Travis Kelce is not happy about it either
- QB Patrick Mahomes addressed contract saying he cares more about Super Bowls
- LB Nick Bolton doesn’t think the defense gets enough credit
- QB Patrick Mahomes says that it has been a smooth transition to new OC Matt Nagy
- HC Andy Reid feels fullbacks have been phased out of the NFL and that the Chiefs will not be using one
HC Andy Reid who normally is pretty quiet and doesn’t get too involved was in front of the media a lot this week it felt like. First, he is not a fan of the new kickoff rule and it appears most coaches are not. Second, he talked about how the team will not be using a FB because they are being phased out of the NFL and he feels that the TEs they have on the team can play the role when needed. Overall it seems things are going well for the Chiefs and things could be a going a lot better here soon as they appear to be a top option for WR DeAndre Hopkins and one the few teams that had trade talks before he was released. Las Vegas Raiders:
- Former QB Tom Brady reached an agreement to be a minority owner of the team
- QB Jimmy Garoppolo had to have foot surgery after signing with the team and there is not timetable for his return - believe he should return before the season
- Things could get interesting depending on how situation with Jimmy G works out
- WR Davante Adams is not happy about the current QB situation with the Raiders
- Adams and team have been sued by the photographer he shoved last year
- Will have joint practices with the 49ers
It appears there is never a dull week with the Raiders. The news this week about Jimmy seem to add context potentially to what Davante Adams’ comments were about recently. With Tom Brady recently joining the ownership group here it makes us all wonder if the injury is not cleared up is there a way for him to un-retire once again…only time will tell. Los Angeles Chargers:
- RB Austin Ekeler to a new deal for this final year that added on up to $2m in incentives
Big news here getting the deal done with Austin Ekeler even if it still only keeps him around for 1 year. Thankfully now he should be semi-happy for that one year before he can go out and chase a big contract if he wants to. Los Angeles Rams:
Not much news here really. Sounds like Matthew Stafford has taken Stetson Bennett under his wing and started to work with him and help him learn more about the transition to the NFL compared to college. Miami Dolphins:
- WR DK Metcalf challenged WR Tyreek Hill
- Will have joint practices with the Falcons
- QB Tua Tagavailoa is wearing a camera on his helmet to help HC Mike McDaniel see what he sees on the field
I loved seeing Tua wearing the helmet cam. I had not thought about it before but it should be great for him to be able to show McDaniel exactly what he is/was seeing out on the field to add context and allow McDaniel to better coach him and understand what is going on. I think this should be something all quarterbacks do and especially the top ones because it could gives coaches that much more information and a better understanding of how to help young quarterbacks in the future. Minnesota Vikings:
- WR from the XFL Lucky Jackson
- DC Brian Flores wants defense to develop an aggressive identity but not reckless
- RB Dalvin Cook could be a June 1st cut
All signs appear to be pointing towards RB Dalvin Cook getting released. In other news it will be good for the defense to develop the aggressive mindset that Brian Flores wants and should bring in the attitude from Miami that wad established during his time there that was so effective and led to them winning games. New England Patriots:
- Got docked 2 days of OTA workouts for violating offseason rules and HC Bill Belichick was fined $50,000 dollars
- Placed LB Raekwon McMillan on injured reserve due to partially torn ACL
The Patriots seems to always be up to something. It sounds like they were penalized the 2 days of OTAs and fined because of a meeting that Joe Judge held that lasted more than the permitted amount of time. Other tough news came when Raekwon McMillan got injured. New Orleans Saints:
- TE Foster Moreau is participating in OTAs
- Being in New Orleans has given QB Derek Carr a breath of fresh air
- Former HC Jon Gruden is working with the team and Derek Carr
What a story. TE Foster Moreau finds out he has cancer in a physical with the team a couple months and gets ahead of things and is now practicing with them at OTAs. Interesting story here about former HC Jon Gruden working with the team because during his time with the Raiders many said that he and Carr did not get along. This team has a big opportunity to take over the NFC South and is probably the bet setup to do it with the team they have. New York Giants:
- Rookie WR Jalin Hyatt wants to get to 190lbs as his playing weight
- TE Darren Waller is happy to somewhere where his opinions are valued
- QB Daniel Jones is enjoying working with TE Darren Waller
- HC Brian Daboll will not speak on contract situations despite currently Barkley situation
It seems that everything is going great except the Saquon Barkley situation. There isn’t much new insight into it either after HC Daboll refused to speak on anything contract related. In good news it seems like TE Darren Waller is really enjoying being with the team and working with QB Daniel Jones. This is a team to me that is going to play inspired football like they did last year no matter what is going on because their HC. New York Jets:
- QB Aaron Rodgers had minor calf strain
- WR Allen Lazard went down during OTAs but supposedly was just a shot to the groin
- Worked out P Matt Araiza
- Chuck Clark was happy to be traded because felt disrespected by the Ravens
- HC Robert Saleh is confident a deal will get done with Quinnen Williams
- Will have joint practices with the Buccaneers
I imagine Jets fans held their breath when they saw Aaron Rodgers get injured as well as Allen Lazard. The good news is that those are not going to be issues in the long run. However, it reminded us all that QB Aaron Rodgers is not a young guy anymore and there is always the possibility that he like any other player in the NFL can get hurt. Hopefully the deal with Quinnen Williams can get done sooner rather than later. I am looking forward to the joint practices with the Bucs because they have a solid defense and it will be fun to hear how they fare in the early phases of implementing a lot of things from both Nathaniel Hackett and Aaron Rodgers. Philadelphia Eagles:
- OL D.J. Fluker worked out for the Eagles
- DL Jordan Davis has made major strides this offseason will take on a larger role
Jordan Davis is going to be a key piece for the team this year in my opinion so it is great to hear he has made major strides. He is a force to be reckoned with when it comes to his sheer size and the more he can be weaponized the better. Pittsburgh Steelers:
- EDGE Markus Golden to 1-year deal
- LB Toby Ndukwe
- Easy decision for QB Mitch Trubisky to sign extension
- Started contract talks with OLB Alex Highsmith
- Released Tae Crowder
- Want to play a regular season game in Ireland
- WR Allen Robinson has been very impressed so far by QB Kenny Pickett
- QB Kenny Pickett had his car stolen with his playbook inside of it
Great move to get Markus Golden. He can be dangerous in this defense and is only one season removed from a double digit sack year. Also, good to see that Robinson and Pickett appear to be getting along. I am curious to see who shakes out to be the #1 receiver on this team but have a feeling it will end up being Pickens because of how good he was last year and the chemistry he and Pickett already have. A QB likes it when his receiver makes life easier and bails him out. Pickens has already done that on multiple occasions for him. San Francisco 49ers:
- QB Trey Lance just wants a chance to compete and never considered being traded
- Raved about this time working with QB Patrick Mahomes
- QB Brock Purdy expected to start throwing next week, be able to go from gripping a towel to an actual football
- QB Sam Darnold will push to start come week 1
- Levi’s will officially get the Super Bowl in 2026
- LB Dre Greenlaw has a thumb procedure and will miss most of the OTAs this offseason
- Will have joint practices with the Raiders
It is official the 49ers will host the 2026 Super Bowl! After speculations and rumors it finally became official this past week. Also, there was a lot of good QB news this week with all 3 of the QBs on the roster. Sounds like Brock Purdy is healing properly and as expected, Trey Lance is looking really good in OTAs along with Sam Darnold. Once again this offseason no one is sure who will be starting for the team come week 1. Seattle Seahawks:
- WR DK Metcalf challenged WR Tyreek Hill
- CB Tariq Woolen had arthroscopic knee surgery and it out til training camp
Good news for Seahawks fan that Tariq Woolen will be back around training camp time after his procedure. Other than that there was not much news here. They got a solid rotational/depth player in Artie Burns though. Tampa Bay Buccaneers:
- Video of QB Baker Mayfield making an overthrow went viral on social media
- Will have joint practices with the Jets
- WR Chris Godwin feels like he has a lot of his explosion back
- Team wants to see more consistency out of LB Devin White before offering him the contract he wants
Great to see that Tampa has joint practices with the Jets. They have a tough defense and it will be good for Baker and the offense to get some work against that defense early on. The Bucs have some great weapons on the offensive side of the ball to really compete with those top defenses and if they can all stay healthy this team could be a dark horse team to watch. Overall this should be a good all around team. Tennessee Titans:
- QB Will Levis is putting pressure on Tannehil and Willis in OTAs this far
- S Kevin Byard is skipping OTAs
Interesting to see that S Kevin Byard was not at OTAs after earlier this offseason it was rumored he was asked to take a pay cut. Definitely a situation to watch. The main news that came from OTAs is that QB Will Levis appears to be looking good and some folks think he could be putting pressure on Tannehill early on and moving himself up the depth chart. Washington Commanders:
- HC Ron Rivera said that DE Chase Young understands them not picking up his 5th year option
- New OC Eric Bieniemy has been getting on young QB Sam Howell holding him accountable
- Trademark application was denied due to someone else already having pending applications for the name but the team is confident this issue will get resolved
- It has been good for QB Sam Howell that QB Jacoby Brissett has been in the building
- TE Amani Rodgers tore his ACL and is out indefinitely
- Released Nathan Gerry
- Jamin Davis limited in OTAs after knee procedure
- Financing needs to be adjusted in order for the Josh Harris bid to be accepted
Feels like a lot happened with the Commanders. First off, I think QB Sam Howell is in a great spot to learn and develop this year with mentors like Jacoby Brissett and then his OC Eric Bieniemy. They will hold him accountable like has already been happening and help bring out the best in him. Now it definitely is an organization surrounded by distractions. First off the trademark application for the team’s name was denied and they hope to get something figured out but could lead to another name change. Also, the team is still working through the Josh Harris bid and there need to be some adjustments in order for it to get accepted by the other NFL Owners and the league. These distractions even though they may not always be good for the team they probably do help a young quarterback because he is not the only thing to talk about at this point in the offseason. Miscellaneous/Other NFL News:
- Many believe that Thursday Night Flexing is to cater to Amazon but really could be the future of how deals get done
- Teams have to have 28 days notice and this is currently just a 1 year move
- RB Jeremy Hill who has not played for the past 5 seasons officially retired siting injury issues leading to his retirement
- NFL injury data shows that turf fields are significantly worse for players than grass fields
- The Pat McAfee Show will be taking over Max Kellerman’s the time slot on ESPN
- Commissioner Roger Goodell’s lobbying convinced teams to vote in favor of the new kickoff rules
- Dr. Timoth Kremchek, the Cincinnati Reds' physician since 1996, says he sees an "epidemic" of youth injuries on artificial turf
- RB Adrian Peterson will be hanging it up if he’s not back in the NFL this season
- After Goodell’s retirement the NFL could change the structure of management for the NFL combining a traditional CEO with a Commissioner of Football
- Possible a team will play 3 back to back games in Europe in the future
- Devin McCourty will be joining NBC’s Sunday Night Football crew as an analyst
- Officially approved emergency 3rd QB rule
- Investigating further violations potentially of league gambling policy
- DirecTV will still distribute Sunday Ticket to bars and restaurants
- S Tony Jefferson announced his retirement
- Announced growth of global market program
Restaurant of the Week: (Washington D.C. - TACOS 5 DE MAYO)
Don’t really have a great picture of this place but that may be a good thing. Often times I find that the places least advertised and that are holes in the wall is typically where you get the best Mexican food. This place is about a 10 minute drive from the stadium and probably closer to 15-20 minutes on game days depending on the time you go. Personally I recommend the Tacos Al Pastor. Those are basically a marinated pork taco that is slightly spicy with some sweet pineapple flavor in it. You cannot go wrong with Tacos Al Pastor and are by far my favorite. The other thing to keep an eye on is the Pupusas. While Pupusas are from El Salvador this place actually does a pretty dang good job of making them. For those that don’t know what Pupusas are they kind of resemble a stuffed pancake but are made of corn in most cases stuffed with either just cheese, cheese and beans, or cheese and pork. My order here would be 3 tacos al pastor and a cheese and bean pupusa. Enjoy!
submitted by stonescoldtakes
to nfl [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 14:18 generalscruff The /r/NFFC End of Season Awards Night
Venue - Poet's Corner
Dress Code - Black Tie
Food and drink - Cheese cobs with Madri
Ladies and Gentlemen it is my pleasure to announce the /NFFC
end of season award winners as chosen by you (or at least those who bothered to vote and submit the form)! Player of the Season
Very strong decision here with around 75% of votes going to none other than Morgan Gibbs-White! Signing of the Season
Another win for MGW here but less overwhelming. Honourable mentions go to Felipe and Danilo who came 2nd and 3rd respectively with a good number of votes apiece. Most Improved Player
None other than the blonde shithouse straight out of Hucknall, as you voted for Joe Worrall for most improved. The Sir Kenneth Burns Memorial Award for Pashun
As voted for by a committee of yer da and a selection of Nottingham Post commentators, Ryan Yates wins the pashun and dersiah award. Flop of the Season
Incredibly close voting, we have taken the decision to commission two wooden spoons to hand out here. Take a bow Jonjo Shelvey and Jesse Lingard, you really were shit. I wonder if that lad who got a Lingard tattoo is going to the laser clinic anytime soon. Goal of the Season
This one probably kept the scorer off the Flop of the Season shortlist. Chris Wood, you might have been a dire signing but we'll always remember your goal against Manchester City to give us the 1-1 moral victory. Away Day of the Season
Quite close voting, but you voted for the sole away win as being the away day of the season. Fair enough, not like Southampton has owt better to do. Home Game of the Season
You voted for the win against Arsenal at home which secured Premier League survival. Fair enough, gutted I couldn't make it. Brice Samba Memorial Plate for Shithouse of the Season
Yateseh wins this one again with a very honourable mention to Serge Aurier for services to on-pitch antics. Chant of the Season
Again very close so we have decided to give two awards. Thirty signings who gives a fuck, Nottingham Forest are staying up
and the Danilo
chant. Team of the Season
Quite strong voting choices here, with only the goalkeeper being a relatively close vote. Your team of the season is as follows
Johnson Substitute bench
Lingard Worst Pundit
Chris Sutton. You boring cunt. Most Rattled Fanbase
Good job Wolves won this one, we're rapidly running out of spicy matches after the sheer amount of Leicester and Leeds Ls. Shitpost of the Season
The Madri psyop/campaign/prank won this as a collective effort. For best individual post, please take a bow question-guru
for ordering the subreddit flag
. Shitposter of the Season
Again we're going to award two owing to a relatively tight vote. The winners are me
who has really come into his own this season as an elite shitposter, well done all. footage of my acceptance speech Grass of the Year Award for Worst Lineup Predictions
You all voted for 'that fella down the pub' or some variant thereof. Proving that perhaps the Thurland isn't the best place to get Real News. Non-Shitpost Contributor of the Season
, and thank you for keeping the match threads pristine for us with only the relevant statistics shown. Best pub for prematch drinks
You all voted the Trent Navigation as the best pre-match pub with an honourable mention to the official /nffc
Politburo pub, the Poet's Corner. Favourite prematch pint
Nothing like a refreshing Madritm. Most pointless football statistic
In hindsight I should have put possession as an option, but xG remains utterly pointless.
Above all, like in a school assembly give yourselves a round of applause for making this sub such a pleasure to post on. Obviously it gets a bit lighter over the summer but we'll be hopefully coming into the new season with ideas on how to make things even more based.
submitted by generalscruff
to nffc [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 12:57 Finzombie The Thing in the Cracks - Part 1
“Holy crap.” James Talbot stepped back from his handiwork. It was beautiful. It made him want to scream.
Talbot was a chemist, the modern form of an alchemist, and he’d discovered something as wondrous and terrible as the most extreme postulations of his forbearers.
This was it. The culmination of all his works. This is what he’d fought for decades for, why he’d abandoned connections with everyone he’d ever known. But now it was all worth it. He would reveal the Masterwork at the Grand Chemistry Convention. It would steal the show, and he would be revered beyond every other human being who had ever lived.
It had taken Talbot long enough to assemble the Masterwork that he’d shed the title of ‘young’, not to mention most of his non-gray hair. Although it was hard to tell whether that was from aging or from what he’d beheld in his long sojourn. He was only 45, after all, and the rest of his body still held firm from decades of outdoorsmanship.
Talbot stood before a wall, upon which was painted the most intricate design any human had ever seen. It was a diagram of… unknown things. A chart of runes, maps, and artfully painted lines. There was no text in any living language on the diagram, but the harmony within the full tapestry visually sang, imparting something unfathomable in a way that Talbot could somehow fathom. The man who’d made it, who’d studied it for 15 years, barely understood it himself. But he knew that it was the ultimate solution to the entirety of philosophy, containing the answers to every question humanity had ever seen fit to ask. It had existed in his notebook for a while, in bits and pieces, but today had been its first full assembly, and it was magnificent.
He had to keep it hidden, or someone would take it from him.
He retrieved a tarp and threw it over the wall, nailing it in at the top so it hung down to cover his designs. Just to be sure, he moved his desk to block the wall, then locked the door to his office when he left for the day. James Talbot was more excited than he had ever been, and he celebrated that night with a fireplace and a large bottle of whiskey.
Of all the people at his office to commit espionage, Talbot never would’ve suspected the night janitor. This may stem from the fact that he also never suspected the night janitor to be part of a massive secret organization dedicated to keeping humanity as ignorant as possible in matters of the Higher Order.
But no matter what Talbot suspected, Tim Willis was indeed part of this society, and after he’d entered Talbot’s office with his master key to do some routine cleaning, the obvious secrecy surrounding the wall at the back of the room worried him. So he moved the desk out of the way, lifted the tarp, and inhaled sharply.
This was bad. A tapestry of the Higher Order more complete than any he’d seen before, or any reported by the other Censors of the Agency for the Preservation of Humanity.
Willis quickly replaced the tarp and desk. As soon as he’d locked the room, he pulled out his phone and dialed the number for an Alexander Talc.
Talbot arrived the next morning with a song in his heart and a latte in his hand. The former died horribly as soon as he entered his office only to find someone sitting in his chair, and the latter died horribly as it fell from his fingers, limp in shock.
The person in question was a short, slight man who wore thick glasses and a dark gray suit. He was sitting on Talbot’s office chair, facing the now uncovered back wall with all of its eldritch calculations. Talbot’s desk had been moved to the side of the room, left askew with the tarp crumpled up on top.
As Talbot entered, the stranger spun the chair around so he was facing the chemist, a broad smile on his face. He was undeniably attractive, in a delicate sort of way.
“Ah! You must be the aspiring alchemist?” He spoke softly and cheerily, but with an unnerving edge. Talbot couldn’t identify any specific aspect of his voice that disturbed him, but upon further consideration he concluded that it was the incongruity of the situation, the warm friendliness of his tone grating against Talbot’s unease.
Talbot took a step back, shaken. “I don’t… what-”
“Quite an impressive display here. You’ve managed to glean a quite large amount of knowledge about the Higher Order, especially considering you’ve never consulted us at the APH.” He pronounced it phonetically, like Aff.
“What are you-”
Talbot heard a click from behind him, and turned to see Tim Willis, the night janitor, closing and locking his door. He could barely register the betrayal.
“Ah, yes. Tim is working for me. For us. The Agency for the Protection of Humankind really frowns upon anyone attempting to learn the Higher Order.”
Talbot, finally able to form a full sentence, asked, “What’s the Higher Order?”
“You know what it is, of course, although you may not have heard the term. It’s what we call the mechanics of the very fabric of the universe itself. The questions about ‘why are we here?’ and ‘is there a god?’ and all the stuff like that. All theoretical philosophy, basically. And you, apparently through sheer dumb luck,” He turned to admire the mural again, “have managed to find more of it than any human being ever, including us! Quite impressive. Big hand.” The man slow-clapped for Talbot. The small sweet-looking man being sarcastically condescending was jarringly incongruous.
Talbot felt a surge of anger, and it helped him produce a full sentence. “Dumb luck?!?” He advanced on the man. “My Masterwork is the product of 20 years of research and experience! This is the greatest thing anyone has ever done, and how dare you say I achieved it through dumb luck!”
The man raised his hands placatingly. “Okay, okay!” He chuckled. “Years of research, whatever. You found the Higher Order. That’s where we come in.”
“Ah. Well, you see, the reason that no one’s found the entire Higher Order is simple. It’s because we stop them.”
Talbot was incredulous. “What?! Why would you stand in the way of progress like that?!” As a scientist, the possibility that there could be anyone actively against gaining knowledge was incomprehensible to him.
The man grimaced, as though he was about to break some terrible news. “Well… there are some parts of this tapestry you’ve assembled, specifically here...” The man pointed at a small segment of the diagram, a thick horizontal line with four thin lines crossing perpendicularly that turned into five lines on the other side, “That grants access to some other planes of existence. Planes of existence that are home to some very dangerous things. And due to some logistical aspects of the Higher Order,” He gestured at another segment of the diagram entirely composed of square symbols, “if you muck about in their domain, they are able to muck about in ours. The Law of Equivalent Interference.”
“But… how would our finding answers count as ‘mucking about in their domain’? If we knew the danger, we just wouldn’t go there.”
The man was silent, then answered Talbot’s question with a question. “Tell me, Talbot. If humans discovered another dimension, do you really think they’d be able to stay out of it?”
“Fine. But then why do you have to censor the whole thing? Why not give them the benign parts that would still forward human progress by centuries?”
“Because the Higher Order is like Algebra. Or a logic puzzle from Highlights magazine. If you give someone smart enough just a few clues, they’ll eventually assemble the whole picture. Which we desperately want to avoid.”
There was a long and heavy silence.
“Ok.” Said Talbot, wrapping his head around the new information. “So the APH stops people from finding the answers to these questions so our world isn’t destroyed by Fourth Dimensional entities?”
“Exactly!” The man nodded, delighted at Talbot’s comprehension. “Well, they’re technically Fifth Dimensional. The existence of time in our reality means that this is the Fourth Dimension.”
There was another silence.
“Sorry, what was your name again?” Talbot asked.
The man looked utterly devastated. “Oh no! I can’t believe I was so rude!” He vaulted the desk and approached Talbot, stopping just short and shaking his hand. “Alexander Talc, Class 2 Censor Operative for the APH.”
“Censor as in… ?”
“Yes, I censor things. People too, if necessary.”
“So what,” Talbot asked, “You’re here to kill me?”
Talc gasped. “What?!?! No! As if we’d be so barbaric! We’re here to recruit you.”
Talbot’s eyes widened. “Wait, really?”
“Of course! You know more about the Higher Order than any human outside of the APH, and probably more than a majority of those inside of the APH. Your expertise could be vital in preventing a breach in our reality!”
“What would this job entail?”
“Well, we’d need you to fake your death, change your name, burn your research-”
“Now I know that sounds like a lot,” Talc backpedaled, “But allow me to let you in on a little secret.” He leaned in conspiratorially, then glanced around as though to make sure nobody was listening. Satisfied, he whispered, “The dental is off-the-charts.”
Talbot shook his head. “What happens if I don’t take the job?”
Talc winced. “Things get considerably less pleasant. I have to call in a Class 3 Purge Operative, and that’s always a hassle.”
Talbot chose not to inquire into the purpose of a ‘Purge Operative’.
Talc gently laid a hand on Talbot’s shoulder. “It’s a lot to take in, I know. How about we move to some place more hospitable and you can think it over?”
Talbot nodded, his mind elsewhere. Talc gently guided him out of the room, Willis following and closing the door behind them.
Talbot stared down into his conical paper cup, filled with water that tasted plasticy. The three men were in the lobby of Talbot’s workplace, leaning against a table adorned with donuts and a water cooler.
Talc bit into a day-old bear claw as Talbot swirled his water and considered the situation.
If he accepted the offer, he would be shipped off to another state, away from his home in Bedford, where he would join whatever on earth APH was. Talbot hated the idea of working for an agency whose entire purpose was to destroy knowledge. On the other hand, if he didn’t accept the offer, they’d likely kill him.
Would working for the APH really be so bad? Talbot liked Talc enough. Maybe they could be friends. Or… more than friends. And if the APH truly wanted Talbot to be able to suppress the Higher Order, he’d have to know the Higher Order. Which meant research. He could essentially continue on exactly as he was.
Except he would never be recognized as the genius he was. Talbot involuntarily crushed his paper cup as he realized that, if he took the offer, he’d never win a Nobel prize. He’d never present at the Grand Chemistry Convention. He’d never write a revolutionary scientific paper. He would be forgotten.
He knew what he had to do. He couldn’t say no, or he would be killed. He couldn’t accept, or he would be forgotten, which was worse. He had to escape.
But how? This was some sort of world-ruling secret agency. They probably had eyes everywhere. What could he possibly do to get away?
His eyes wandered towards the stairs. The stairs that led to his office, which held the key to every single natural law.
Talbot tossed his cup in the trash, then approached Talc.
“I think I’m ready to make my decision. But first, can I go to the restroom?”
Talc nodded. “Of course! Take all the time you need!”
Talbot nodded and jogged toward the restroom. In the tiled floor under him, he saw Willis’s warped reflection following him discreetly.
He entered the single restroom and quietly opened the window. He could see Willis’s shadow under the door as the man hovered just outside.
Talbot waited a couple seconds, then flushed the toilet, turned on the sink, and silently crept through the window. He fell a few feet to the alley below, and had to suppress a grunt.
Now what? He needed to escape, but his notebook was still upstairs. All his research was in there, and he couldn’t leave it to the APH.
The only ground level entrance to the building was the main lobby door, which was directly in Talc’s sightline. However, who said he had to enter on ground level?
Talbot’s gaze rose to the old fire escape above him. The bottom of the structure was a platform that lined up with the second floor. A ladder was folded up on the platform, an old rusty latch keeping it from reaching ground level. Talbot couldn’t reach the latch from where he was on the ground, so he looked around for a solution.
He had a bum throwing arm, so he couldn’t toss anything up to break it. Unless…
Talbot considered Talc’s words. The very mechanics of the universe itself... He felt a flare of pride as he realized how little Talc truly understood.
The sigil that granted access to the Fifth Dimension was just one of several such Seals. Over all Talbot’s years of study, those portions of the Higher Order were the most applicable. They did not just show universal aspects of reality. They represented those aspects. They were symbolic, and like all symbols, they were powerful.
They were simulacra of natural laws, and could be manipulated in order to manipulate those laws themselves. It allowed anyone who knew the Seals to weave a sort of magic, ignoring the laws of time, space, or gravity by sketching and then destroying the corresponding runes, temporarily destroying that Law’s influence over oneself. Talbot’s hypothesis was that there was a single Greater Seal for each law that controlled that law anywhere and everywhere. If that one was found and destroyed, the laws of reality would change forever.
For greater, wide-scale application, Talbot had scrawled in his notebook, The Greater Aspects must be located and manipulated.
Talbot dropped to the ground and dragged his finger through the alley gravel. He assembled the rocks into a facsimile of a tiny part of the Higher Order, one that he’d experimented with a lot. He looked around for a suitable vessel, settling on a rock. He poured all his mental energy into the stone, and used his hands to scatter the pebbles that made up the Seal of Velocity.
The rock sprang from the ground and soared upwards, clanging against the ladder before anticlimactically falling into a dumpster. From inside, Willis banged on the bathroom door and said something indistinct. Talbot’s second telekinetic toss hit the ladder before falling onto the platform itself. He broke another Seal, and his third throw smacked into the latch, splitting the rusted thing and shooting the ladder downwards.
It made a lot of noise, and Talbot could hear Willis pounding on the bathroom door inside. He seemed to be breaking it down, as Talbot heard wood split with a crunch. Talbot quickly mounted the ladder and climbed up to the platform, trying not to think about the alarming creaking sounds the old construction was making. From there, he took the stairs two at a time, spiraling up and up until he reached the sixth floor.
Six flights of stairs only had him a bit winded by the time he reached his floor. He tried the door to the inside, and found it unlocked.
Talbot entered the hallway outside his office quietly. He considered how this would play out. Willis and Talc would be storming up here at any moment. He had to move quickly.
Talbot entered his workroom, dragging his desk over to block the door. He took a moment to gaze forlornly at his Masterwork, because he would never be able to take it with him. All the same pieces and diagrams were in his notebook, but the full Masterwork was a thing of beauty, one that he would never behold again.
He snapped a picture of it with his phone. It wasn’t the same, but it’d have to do.
Talbot grabbed his notebook, its leather-bound pages bulging with decades of research. Some of the sheaves of paper stuck out at odd angles, newspaper snippets and glossy photographs glued into the most faithful companion Talbot had ever had.
Was there anything else he needed?
The door began to rattle.
Talbot grabbed a sheet of blank paper from his desk and rapidly sketched as many Seals as he could. He had an idea of how he could escape, but he needed to harness his work to do it. Using the Masterwork as a reference, he scrawled the Seal of Time, the Seal of Space, the Seal of Gravity, and, after considering it, the Seal of the Fifth Dimension.
Just in case. He thought.
With a crack, his door burst open, shoving the desk out of the way. Talc and Willis stood there, the latter looking enraged, the former strangely calm.
“Talbot, this doesn’t have to happen this way.” Talc appealed, but Talbot was done listening. He would not be forgotten. He would be immortalized, through his work.
Talbot ripped a corner off of his Seal sheet, and glanced down at the Seal of Time. With a glare at Talc, he stuck it in his mouth and began to chew.
Talbot disappeared with a pop, as Willis lunged towards where he’d just been.
Willis stopped short, then turned to Talc. He was noticeably upset at losing their quarry.
“What do we do now?”
“Well, we follow him.”
Talc approached the Masterwork. “It’s simple. I’m sure Talbot understood that time travel doesn’t work the way everyone thinks it does. Cause and Effect are inextricably linked, and cannot be put out of order. Traveling through time actually just creates another dimension, a splintered facsimile of your original where things play out differently.”
“So… to follow him do we just use the Time Sigil?”
“Seal, Willis. And no. That will just create another splinter plane. Now that the reality has already been established, we need to follow him. Using this.”
Talc’s thin fingers traced the outline of another Seal, one Talbot hadn’t thought to inscribe.
“There are many ways to traverse the Multiverse.” Talc said, “Using Seals to rip open the barriers between planes is one of the simplest.”
Talc sketched down two copies of the seal, then separated the two and handed one to Willis. The two locked eyes and nodded in unison. They both rent their sheets in half and disappeared.
Talbot didn’t ‘land’, per se, but he still felt off-balance when he blinked into existence in his office. He staggered, but caught himself before he could fall. The world felt… different here.
Out of everything Talbot had discovered, Multiversal travel was his least considered. He’d been too cowardly to experiment with anything but the Space, Gravity, and Velocity Seals, so this experience was new to him. Naturally, as any scientist does when faced with something unfamiliar, he started taking notes.
Effects of Time/Universe Traversal:
–Slight nausea. Somewhat noticeable. Temporary?
–World overall feels discordant. Silence sounds different than back home. My tinnitus is in another key. Feels like I don’t belong.
–Different frequency hard-coded into every reality?
Before he could assemble an entire thesis on the underlying resonance within the multiverse, he realized with a start that he had to get out of here. Talc and WIllis were likely following him, and even if they weren’t, there were copies of them in this dimension.
Talbot had willed himself about 10 minutes back in time, and it seemed like that’d worked. His Masterwork was complete and the desk and tarp were off to the side. The trio were likely downstairs in the lobby, where Past-Talbot was thinking over the pros and cons of their offer. At least, he thought so. Time travel seemed to create a splintering reality, one that maintained consistency with his original up until the point where he showed up. There were plenty of unfamiliar worlds out there, but the Seal of Time created one quite familiar. Right now Past-Talbot-
Past-Talbot doesn’t sound right. Pretty soon it’ll be my present, then my future. How about Talbot-2?
After settling upon a name to call his double, Talbot exited his office and left through the door that led to the fire escape, in too much of a hurry to close it. He scrambled down the stairs, knocked the latch off the ladder, climbed to the ground, popped open the bathroom window, and climbed inside. Right as he got his arms through, the door opened.
Talbot-2 walked in, then stopped short as he saw himself dangling halfway through the window. Talbot put a finger to his lips, and indicated Willis-2 with his eyes. Talbot-2 silently shut the door, locking Willis-2 outside.
Talbot-2 opened his mouth to speak, but barely got out one word. “What-”
“I’m you, from the future. Well, not from your future, but from a future.”
Talbot-2’s confused expression was replaced with excitement. “So the Time Seal Worked?! Fantastic! What’s it like?!”
“I’d tell you all about it, but I’m currently stuck in a bathroom window and being hunted down by two government agents. Although I don’t actually know if they work for the government…”
Talbot-2 pulled him through the window into the bathroom. “Sorry.”
Once he was in, Talbot glanced at the door behind Talbot-2.
“Okay. Here’s the thing. Some version of Talc and Willis will be here any minute. Whether mine followed me from the future or not, yours will catch on soon. We need to get out of here, and get the Masterwork to somebody else.”
“Wait, which Talc and Willis will show up?”
“One of them… or both of them. It doesn’t really matter! Do we know anybody we can send our notes to?”
Talbot-2 considered it. “Davis?”
Talbot frowned, and opened his notebook to an early page.
Dr. Wilson Davis
–Spineless fool. He calls himself a chemist, but refuses to venture outside the conventions of the industry. No true scientist works a cushy chemical production job! We journey! We endeavor!
Talbot shook his head. “He’d never publish something like this. If they tracked him down, he’d probably take their oppressive offer.”
Dr Monica Johnson
—Chemist and conspiracy nut. Super gullible, but generally a good person.
“She’ll believe anything.” Talbot said. “...Which is actually probably a good thing in this case. If she thinks it’s real, she’ll distribute it, and she’s earnest enough to leave my- our name on it.”
Talbot-2 nodded. “Sounds like a plan. Actually, it sounds like an idea, not a plan. What is our plan?”
Talbot thought for several seconds. “Here’s what we do. You pretend to accept their offer, and do whatever they tell you. If all else fails, you’ll get a cushy job working for the government. Meanwhile, I get this,” Talbot indicated his notebook. “To Johnson, and then…” He paused.
Someone knocked on the door.
“And then?” Talbot-2 prompted in a whisper, glancing behind him.
“Then… I’ll figure something out.”
Talbot-2 nodded. “Alright. Are we ready to go?”
“I think so.” Talbot replied.
Talbot slipped out of the window, and Talbot-2 opened the door to greet Willis-2.
The man peered around him. “Who were you talking to in there?”
Talbot-2 shrugged. “Myself. You know, crazy scientist stuff.”
Talbot dropped to the ground, then produced his sheet of Seals. He picked out one specific design, a circle bisected by a thin line. On one side of the line, a stylized forest thrived, and on the other a pictographic city loomed. Talbot ripped the Seal of Space from his paper and stuck it in his mouth, once again disappearing with a pop.
Talc and Willis appeared in Talbot-2’s workroom, and quickly exited. Both spun in the hallway outside, and both spotted the wide-open door to the fire escape. They both moved down the rickety metal construction and found themselves in an alley behind the building.
“See that?” Talc pointed at the window.
“Yeah. Did he go in through it?” Willis asked.
“Of course. But if he used the Seal of Time to try to come back and alert himself, I’m guessing he came through here to talk to him…self, but he couldn’t have left. The only point at which he was in the bathroom, you were right outside. He popped in, popped out, popped another Seal.”
“Is there any guarantee that he came back to alert himself? He could’ve gone to any point in time.”
“I know his type. The out-there intellectual. He’s been burned by everyone but himself. He’ll only trust himself. And if he came to himself before we’d arrived, he wouldn’t believe him.”
“Sorry, who wouldn’t believe him?”
“Him! Aren’t you-” Talc took a moment to consider the context. “You know what, nevermind. The point is that this reality’s Talbot is now in league with our Talbot, and that’s not good.”
“What do we do?”
“Well firstly, we need to cut it down to one Talbot. Two is too many to deal with.” Talc pushed on his earpiece, then spoke. “Hello? Can you hear me, Talc?” There was silence, until something dawned on him. “Ah, dammit. I can’t call my own earpiece.” He adjusted something on his earpiece. “Willis! Do you copy?” Willis heard Talc both from right next to him and through his earpiece. He didn’t hear the reply, but his earpiece buzzed as its exact copy broadcast something. Willis took his earpiece out and squinted at it, curious about the exact Multiversal properties that bonded it to its clone.
“Yes, this is Talc. But not your Talc. Listen, Talbot ran off to this dimension, and we believe he’s working with your Talbot. We need to meet up, then dispose of the dupe.”
Talc listened for a response, and Willis’s earpiece vibrated as his double presumably replied.
Talc turned to Willis. “Alright. They’ll meet us back in Talbot’s office. There we can get rid of the redundant one and track our quarry.”
Their quarry was currently depositing a large package of brown paper in a big blue mailbox.
Talbot paused as he lowered the boxy parcel. This was his life’s work, his notebook and all his scattered papers, and was the second-most important thing he owned, next to the wall that contained the Masterwork itself, which was likely being dismantled by his enemies at that very moment. This was the last 20 years of his life, and he was about to gamble it away to a crazy woman on the off-chance that his legacy might live on. Talbot wished he’d spent more time with reasonable scientists, if only to expand the pool of people he could mail his book to.
With a deep breath, Talbot released the book, wincing at the gentle ‘paff’ sound it made when it fell onto the envelopes at the bottom of the box.
His job complete, Talbot slipped the hood of his sweatshirt over his head and disappeared into the afternoon.
Guns are inelegant, Talc told his subordinate often. They’re loud, messy. Tools of thugs and soldiers, not agents of a higher purpose.
But there’s a downside to not carrying a gun, Willis countered silently. The difference between shooting a person and being forced to kill them more intimately is palpable, and not often a positive.
Willis considered this as Talbot-2 stopped struggling and finally went limp in his arms. Willis released the garotte from around the man’s throat, then lowered him to the floor of the office.
An irritated sigh came from behind him. Willis turned to see Talc shaking his head and walking toward him.
“No, you need to finish the job.” The man said. He kneeled, took Talbot-2’s forehead in one hand, his chin in the other, then jerked his head to the side, snapping his neck.
“If you stop garrotting when he goes limp, he’s just unconscious.” The other Talc, Talc-2, stated.
Willis nodded, numbly. He didn’t really hear the man.
“I know this is hard,” Talc said, shifting into a gentler tone, “But this is all for the good of humanity. If we let these ideas run wild, we’d all be dead.”
“Worse than dead.” Talc-2 added helpfully. “Our very essences would be consumed by dark beings from beyond our world.”
Willis nodded again. He’d heard it all before. So why did he still find it so hard to hurt people?
“So where’s the other one?” Willis-2 asked, seemingly unaware of his double’s predicament.
“That’s the big question, isn’t it.” Talc-2 mused, “However, before we can ponder it, first things first. We need to get a CC team in here to handle that wall.”
All four men were familiar with the APH Cognito Containment Teams, mysterious individuals in surgical masks that took away artifacts of forbidden knowledge to be stored or disposed of.
Talc-2 clicked his earpiece, then said a series of numbers and codes that were unintelligible to either Willis. He finished by saying, “Please send a Class-4 CC team. Over.”
He turned to the others. “They’re on their way. We need to secure Talbot’s place of residence.”
“Do we know that’s where he’ll go next?” Willis-2 asked.
“Not necessarily,” Talc-1 responded, “But it’s quite likely he’ll at least stop there to retrieve personal effects before going somewhere else.”
Both Willises nodded, almost in sync. The logic made sense. They would lock down Talbot’s house first.
All was silent in the small house several miles outside of town that Talbot called his abode. Then frantic footsteps sounded from outside, as someone ran up the footpath leading to the front door. Then, a faint scratching as Talbot scrambled to fit his key into the lock. A quiet clacking came next, as Talbot’s cat descended his cat-tree and approached the door to see what was happening.
Talbot swung the door open and gently pushed the cat out of his way with his foot.
“Sorry Ozzy,” he muttered.
He produced his debit card and snapped it in half, having extracted all the money from his account before arriving here. He pulled several thousand dollars from his pockets and shoved them in his wallet, his backpack, the pocket on the inside of his jacket, and his shoes.
He grabbed a spare toothbrush and tube of toothpaste from the master bathroom, shoving them into the backpack as well. He was going on the run, for god knows how long.
He paused as his eyes fell on his set of keys. He wouldn’t be taking his car or his house, so they’d likely not be necessary.
But I might as well just in case. Talbot grabbed the jangling key ring and slipped it into the inside pocket of his pants.
His cat mewed at his feet. After a moment’s hesitation, he grabbed his carrier and bowl, both monogrammed with a matching ‘Ozymandius’.
He knew bringing Ozzy was objectively a bad choice. It was impractical and stupid. The cat was loud, and would slow him down. But Talbot couldn’t bear leaving his baby here to be subjected to whatever evil ideas Talc and Willis had in mind.
Talbot coaxed Ozzy into his crate, then picked up the cat and donned his backpack. He took one last look around his house before he opened the front door and was immediately grabbed by both Willises, one of which held a chloroform rag over his mouth until he went limp.
Talbot awoke with a start. He glanced around, disoriented, and immediately registered that he was in some sort of interrogation room. His chair was metal, and bolted to the floor. Before him was a table, and above that table a blinding light mounted on the ceiling shone directly into his eyes. On the wall across from him, very much breaking the theme, was a ‘Hang in there!’ poster and a wall-mounted hand sanitizer dispenser.
Talbot tried to stand, only to find that his wrists and ankles were strapped into the chair. He strained against the bonds, cursing as the straps held strong.
He thought he heard faint snickering.
He turned to glare at the mirror to his right. “What are you planning to do to me?!”
“What are you planning to do to my cat?!?”
The Talcs and the Willi were standing behind the one-way mirror on Talbot’s left, looking at the back of his head as he shouted at no one. Talc looked mildly amused at Talbot’s complete misunderstanding of the room’s orientation.
Willis-2 glanced at Talc-2, who shrugged and motioned for Talc-1 to enter the larger room. Talc-1 did as asked.
The door at the front of the room opened, and Talc stepped out. He took a seat across from Talbot, and cleared his throat.
“First off, the most important thing. Your cat will be well-cared for, no matter the outcome of this conversation. Great name, by the way.”
Talbot refused to thank him for the compliment.
Talc cleared his throat, and there was a long silence.
“What about my first question?” Talbot asked, his voice trembling.
Talc sighed, then reached below the table.
Several seconds later, he came back up, notably with some difficulty. He slammed Talbot’s notebook down on the table. Next to it, he laid the sheet of seals Talbot had used to traverse space and time.
Talbot was stricken. “How did you-!?”
“Find this? Simple deduction. I’m frankly insulted that you didn’t consider that we’ve been tailing everyone you know for months. Johnson was the only person you could send this to.”
“What did you do to her?!”
“Nothing! We’re not the bad guys here, Talbot. We pulled the package from her porch before she ever got involved. We’d never hurt anyone.”
“Then where am I?” Talbot spat, then rephrased. “I mean… where is the version of me from here? Wait, are you from here or there?”
“I’m from there, assuming you mean your original reality. And Talbot-2 is fine. He’s in the next room.”
Willis winced behind the mirror.
“You never actually answered my question.” Talbot said quietly.
Talc pursed his lips regrettably.
“Well… here’s the thing, Talbot. What I’d like to do is offer you a chance to redeem yourself. I’d like to let you join the APH and help us protect humanity. But you’ve made it clear that that’s not what you want, and if we let you into our fold now, we’d forever be looking over our shoulders, wondering whose side you were truly on. And we can’t just let you go, no no. Your theories would largely be regarded as crackpot, but there are ways to prove these things, and you would certainly find them.”
Talbot swallowed. “Couldn’t you just… you know… erase my memory?”
Talc stifled a laugh. “Unfortunately, this is not Men In Black. Actions have consequences. There are no take-backs. And I’m sorry, Talbot, but this is it for you.” Talc stood, turned on his heel, and left.
“Why the hell’d you wake him up just to tell him that?” Willis muttered behind the glass.
“Hey, wait!” Talbot screamed at him as he departed, but there was no response.
Talbot tried to stand again, but slammed back into his chair as the bonds held.
Willis entered a few minutes later, holding a syringe. He winced at the sight before him. Talbot was hunched over, resting his head on the table. His shoulders were bobbing as though he was sobbing quietly.
Willis approached Talbot and tightened the strap on his right wrist. He moved around him and reached for his left hand, only to see that the strap had been sawed apart, and Talbot’s hand was free.
Willis grabbed his elbow, but Talbot struggled against the man’s grasp. The scientist was trying to keep it firmly on the table under his face.
Frustrated, Willis grabbed Talbot’s head and lifted it back, so he was sitting up straight.
As he beheld Talbot’s face, Willis felt a bolt of fear lance through him. The man was smiling, but it was not a happy smile.
It was the smile of a trapped animal that knew it would take a limb before it went down. With his eyes, Talbot indicated downwards. Willis slowly lowered his vision to the stainless steel tabletop. In Talbot’s hand was a housekey, the teeth worn down from sawing through the leather strap and scratching a symbol into the table. Right under his hand, the surface was pockmarked with the Seal of the Fifth Dimension.
Willis lunged for Talbot’s wrist, but it was too late. The alchemist brought the key across the symbol, carving another scratch to break the Seal and the boundaries between their reality and one far darker. Neither man had time to scream.
Talbot felt himself slip free of the chair, and out of the leather strap around his wrist.
Willis’s grip loosened, and it felt like he was flung across whatever intermediary pathway connected the fourth and fifth dimensions.
Part Two posted promptly!
submitted by Finzombie
to TheDarkGathering [link] [comments]
2023.05.29 12:20 Prismatic_Database May 6th, 2027