Missouri dmv plate renewal
[Pyanodon] Py Sci Pack 2 automated at 190 hours
2023.06.10 22:45 TonyMcTony [Pyanodon] Py Sci Pack 2 automated at 190 hours
| || | submitted by TonyMcTony to factorio [link] [comments]
Since I sunk so many hours into this mod, thought I'd provide a sort of journal entry for my progress. This will be a long-ish post, so if you are not interested in my horrible life decisions, just scroll through and enjoy the pictures. I hope with this post, i can give some insight to the people behind me progressing in the modpack. And i hope to keep myself sane enough to keep going and write about my adventures to the next sci pack milestone, and eventually Pyrrhic Victory! Background:
I started Factorio about a year ago, didn't really like it at first when i was playing through the tutorial, and actually stopped. I remember thinking "wow I just pipe water to the boiler, add some coal and my stuff are all powered?" that was sort of a turn off for me. But then after giving it another try, i decided to stick with it and try to launch a rocket.
I played the default setting at first, and didn't like the pacing. I found myself advancing too fast through the tech tree. I got halfway through Blue science and didn't even really have a solid production of the components yet and felt like i was drowning. I restarted with marathon mode and it really clicked for me. Letting me learn about the basics before giving access to too many toys. In that mode i learned about dual loading belts, blueprints, trains (signals and station limits), and making 'somewhat' tileable/expandable productions. I didn't get into bots and i don't think i will. I only used Logistic bots to refill my inventory from malls and construction bots to remotely adjust my mining outposts.
Launched the rocket in my marathon mode, and decided to seek more! Before i thought to jump into the big mod packs, i tried to do a marathon mode Space Extension game to learn about scaling. Wow that was not for me. I got incredibly bored of making the same thing in larger scales so i quit.
So i looked for the next best thing in the list. Saw this Pyanodon pack and said, why not. Jumped straight in. The run:
I started my foray into PY a few months before PyAE came out, and was sort of glad that i did around this time, so i didn't have to re-learn everything. I didn't really get too deep into PYAL yet. I had a few restarts due to realizing a lot of my errors, and decided to stop restarting about the same time the Caravan patch came in. The Caravans were so much fun, i stopped having any thoughts of quitting the mod.
I started the game with the Py default settings (no biters and no pollution... my computer is old), and tried to keep it as pure as possible. The only mods i used other than the full PyAE pack were:
- Even distribution (to save my mouse and index finger during the burner phase... clicking all the coal was a pain in the ash)
- Vehicle Snap (There is a lot of driving in this game, i think that's what Py intended... for you to explore. I got tired of veering off and hitting my electric poles so i made 1 tile wide brick "highways" to aid my driving, and use the mod to snap in the cardinal directions)
- To-Do list (I actually didn't use this mod much... i felt like i needed a to-do list to write the to-do list, so i gave up trying to make use of this)
- Playtime+ (Time flies fast when you're having fun. And this lets you see that :))
Since the devs of this mod pack revel in pain and suffering, i thought by keeping it as lean as possible, it would fulfill that goal. I've never used any of the other recipe searching or planning or calculator mods, i'll explain it later on if i remember....
*Sidenote about RSO* The base game resource generation is a bit janky when it comes to PY. I had to roll the map a few times because i'd say 5/10 the starting resource patches would overlap and you'd have an impossibly hard start if there's not enough iron or copper. While RSO solves this, it messes up spawning of the farther resources (So you can get unlucky and have no Zinc spawn closeby, but also on the flip side, lucky and trivialize the early game power puzzle if you get a Geothermal water spot that spawn 3-5 patches in a spot, you can run a centrifuge without any powerplans if you get 3-4 spots of 3-5 patches of geothermal! [Py default will only spawn 1 as they are very powerful in early science])
Here's the full map that i've explored. To find far resources (Salt/sulfuGeothermal etc.) i set up a fishturbine+radar in the 4 cardinal directions, let them scan fully, then move them clockwise to the intercards, let them scan, and etc. it was quite effective.
Here's a closer look at the main area, with tags to identify general purpose of the spot Base showcase:
K enough babbling, onto the important stuff.
Start with the achievement - Py Sci 2 automated. I was going to get it under 190 but i forgot to ship my mechanical parts lol.
A better view of the area. Primers, Retrovirus&DNA Polymerase, Good alien Sample and Py Sci 2. Eventually i might export science packs through that pre-planned train station (i.e. move PY sci 2 to Chem sci). Borders with the Arqad area since i needed vrauk cocoons and Arqad Venom
Self sustained Arqad area. Makes its own ingredients for Vrauks and its food. I ship in Ralesia/Flora and Tin with Caravans, and have a train station bringing in red-hot coke and the Arqad combs
Further down south from Arqad, i have my Korlex milk (& Casein/Tuuphra), Zipir, Paragen, Flavanoid makers. I had a tiny amount of fish makers here and quickly realized that it was quickly overwhelmed... had to expand another fish factory. The line of biomass will eventually reach my intended biomass processing area. For now it is not backing up anything (got one of those 800 slot warehouses holding animal parts [see my log sci area later]. I will make that biomass processing area soon....
Further away, at another tin patch, i started a fish factory. Here is also where i tried to play with the Aerial Discharge base. They are quirky but sorta not that worth it. I use 3 to go between this tin outpost (steam to mine) and my glassworks outpost to make steam to process tar (next screen)
I realized that glass is getting used more and more and i needed to ship it (Mech parts, Biosamples, etc.) So eventually i had to create this little outpost where it receives overflow fuels (Petroleum and Gasoline) and also on site tar processing and burn all the fuel byproducts (Anthracene, aromatics, carbolic etc.) I ship out the pitch and creosote to help make red science bricks and sand casting and rails. The Aerial base here is the other end of the path from the Tin patch for fish. Steam is used to break down tar. I ship in syngas to power the oil burner for steam with an underflow.
Biosample and redhot coke to the Arqad/Py Sci 2 area from before. I never automated Biosample before this (can easily hand craft for the initial ones for synthesis of Alien Life). Caravans bring in Titanium/Steel and Lead. Train ships in glass. At this point i started REALLY voiding stuff since it was getting too complicated to hook them all up to be used. Yes i can bring this muddy sludge to my moss area but it was not worth it. I never void anything with fuel values though (Except trace hydrogen in remote spots) since you can easily hook it up to overflow to a oil burner -> Steam engine.
On to the best part (in my opinion). My Mechanical Parts 1 subfactory. I use 6 caravans here. My rationale is that these ingredients are used in small amounts, so 200 brains (200 round trips) of 1500+++ ingredients each trip should last me a life time. I ship in: Quartz Ore, Green circuits, Zinc plate, Rubber, Solder, and Tin plates. The Small parts and copper caravan outposts are exporter stations. I ship in glass from rails, make plastic from the wastewater from the Fish factory you saw earlier. AND....
I have a 'Janktown Express' train that brings in 4 obscure ingredients to the Mech parts factory. It brings in Titanium (just because its in the area) with the three ingredients requiring Antimony Oxide - Vitreloy (Brakes), Iron-Nex-Antimony (Shaft) and Lead-Antimony (Batteries).
This is the original 'Janktown Express'. My very first train that i used to take 4 components to the Logistic Science area from the Antimony area. To this day this train is still on its own rail line and not connected to the main rail grid. Sorta like those 100 year old historic trolley trains that run through a main City. Side areas:
Onto the other parts of my base, if you're still interested.
Here's the Logistic sci factory area that the Janktown express drops off the 4 components to. The Auog/vrauk slaughter houses are just south and ships all the chopped up parts into a giant warehouse where it supplies the animal sample maker. Circuitry sends overflow parts to the composter for biomass. Cottonguts and Moondrops are just north (not pictured) Here's my Niobium area that i rushed since i was DYING for the niobium underground pipes. (Not sure if you noticed how much F-in pipes i have in my base yet). It's coupled with the oil sands processing area where i turn oil sands into Syngas. I like this avenue because it let's me use up all the waste products in my base. (Most) stone, and all gravel and sand are shipped here to make Filtration media/Activated Carbon. Stone is crushed into Gravel and excess gravel crushed into sand. Activated carbon turns the flue gas that Oil Sand processing produces into Syngas, and Filtration media turns the Bitumen from Oil sands into Syngas as well. It does mean i cannot burn syngas for nothing (like just using it as fuel for glass/smelters) as it WILL eat up all the stone/gravel/sand. Also have to ship in Zinc and Carbon Dust (from my Coal power plant area) via caravans
Py Sci 1 maker with some landfill spaghetti before i was able to reliably mass produce landfill. I vent chlorine here since there's no good use for it (yet), and you will get A TON of it from NaOH.
Here's the bulk of my power generation. I have only 3 geothermal deposits so far but even they are not able to power one centrifuge. (3 geo = ~150MW, 1 centrifuge = 207MW). This power plant provides 118x6 MW, produces ash in big quantities (and ships them out). Coal processing lets me mass produce coke through Red Hot Coke, and tons of coal dust for the Filtration Media area from before. I ended up making trees here, i think it was because of Coke -> CO2. I originally wanted to make bricks here as well (ash -> rich clay) for when i really need to jack up red science but i never followed through... i think it was not as efficient use of ash as i thought. I ship out coke here for train fuel, since you will make a LOT of them. Also i ship out hot air here as well to the smelter area.
I really appreciate the tar deposits since there's a very simple tech that lets you make simple power setups. Tar + Vacuum = Coke + Heavy oil will let you run both Oil and Coal power plants to make power in a compact setup. the Tar deposits don't look like they will run out anytime soon either. I might make more of these tar deposits around the map later on. (I haven't touched crude oil yet, but will probably do so next). Nat gas (the last of the 3 bitumen seep resources) is required for Arqads.
and Finally, a wide shot of the (starter) centre of my base, based around the crashed ship. This shows the seaweed/moss/ralesia areas better as well as the Auog/Vrauk areas, and Cottongut/Moondrop areas up top. The middle right side area was a LOT more congested with early smelting but i eventually moved them out to another area. Yes there's a lot of slaked lime pooled up that i am waiting for the next research (salt products) to use them. (Hope you like the creative use of landfill to cross lakes). Final Word:
Some regrets that i had, and thought i'd share:
- I really liked Caravans since they had near instant transfer (Faster than any stacked inserters... 1500 items per swing!). But i think i had a misguided vision when i used them for delivering raw ores to my smelting lines. They will require more maintenance from me (putting brains/food in them) as usage goes up. I am not looking forward to squeezing trains in to replace those caravans. But caravans for low quantity items are still amazing for their simplicity.
- I probably automated Py sci 2 too early? I still have a lot of Log sci techs to go lol. Still have Phosphorous, MIBC, Molybdenum, guar and lubricant techs to research (and the TURD upgrades, if im interested in any). I remember i was completely done with Py1 sciences before i got my first Log sci pack at around 50 hours.
- I hopped into Quartz 2 WAY TOO EARLY. i totally underestimated the amount of fine sand you need. My god you need a lot. It really crippled my petri dish making capabilities (and then crippled my Py Sci 1). I made a ton of sand makers and then ended up with a billion muddy sludge, and i finally gave in to voiding it indiscriminately (Overflow valve -> sinkhole). This might be the reason why i still have so many log sci techs to research. I will likely hook up the glass outpost to dump molten glass to my py sci 1 area before long.
- Not taking the time to learn and figure out how to deal with creatures that use 10++ barrels of liquids and barreling machines. I had my arqad/korlex facilities back up so many times because the barreling machine was full and they could not take out any more empty barrels causing a jam. I think eventually i realized that those facilities do not start taking any ingredients in until it shits out all the empty barrels. Once i started paying attention to this fact, i was able to solve this headache.
Some words for the dev team:
- This modpack is amazing. I think not using any QOL mods really makes this modpack shine. I believe using calculators or recipe searchers, just basically turn this masterpiece into building Ikea furniture. I.e. you look up Py Sci 2, it spells out exactly what you need to make it and which buildings, and then you just follow it to the tee, place them one after the other, hook them up and voila, you (after a long time) have Py Sci 2.
- The buff to reinforced concrete, while INCREDIBLE (i can zip from one side of my base to the other, and don't have to rely on a car and avoid crashing into my own shit), made all the other cool tiles obsolete. Reinforced concrete is comparably much easier to make, and give the max speed (350%), while the other tiles (asphalt/iron oxide tile/etc.) give only 250% or matches the 350%. The higher tier cooler tiles should go up to even 500%. Also, i am not sure if the better tiles give faster driving speeds too? that would be nice too (if you don't rely on trains to get around).
- Caravans. Whoever made Caravans able to path through trees and pipes, made these guys so much fun to use. I remember before this minipatch, i had to design my buildings in ways that the caravan ogres don't get stuck. Now they almost always are able to find a way through unless you put overflow/underflow valves in tight pipe setups or they get stuck on another caravan lol.
- Solar and Tidal power seems a bit weak (at least at mk1). They are a pain to make and only give 5?MW (AND variable). Maybe if you bite the bullet and make a TON of them right when it makes sense to, it will pay off eventually, but so far the coal and oil powerplants overshadow the renewables. I assume when i get the processed biomass up and running it will be one more strike against Solar and Tidal.
Finally, i hope to continue this amazing modpack and maybe one day make that "PY COMPLETED" post like some of you have done so already. I really cannot believe how fast those guys who posted the PY COMPLETED posts have beaten this pack! PYAE only came out in december 2022? I cannot remember how many times i open the game, look at one of the recipes and immediately went to bed. I think it there were a good 3 or 4 times where i opened up the recipe for Good Alien Samples at night after coming home from work, take a look, and just shut the game down.
If you made it this far down the post, thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed this post as much as i enjoyed playing Py.
2023.06.10 21:33 Lunimt Worn armour
I'm very confused about what to do with armour that is almost "done" I have some chest plates and helmets with the bar already in red or even barely appearing. Is there a way to renew it or something similar or do I have to just take it with me and risk losing protection in the middle of my caving?
submitted by Lunimt
to Minecraft [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 20:31 nixtarx Does Pennsylvania not have a regular trailer plate anymore?
Been meaning to get a personalized plate for our teardrop camper for some time now. Finally went to pull the trigger, looked on the DMV site, dl'd the pdf for the correct form and the only things on there are "permanent trailer" which has a "PT" that cannot be removed (do not want) and RV. Looked at the one currently on the camper, and it just says "trailer," like our old hauling box trailer did growing up. Can't figure out what a permanent trailer might even be, as a trailer kinda by definition is detachable, dunno if RV is all recreational vehicles or just self-contained like class A,B,C? And what, exactly are people with box trailers supposed to use anyway? The box trailer question is academic, but seriously: WTF plate are you supposed to put on a trailer camper?
submitted by nixtarx
to Pennsylvania [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 19:08 KlaatuPlusTu New resident, car titling help needed.
I am not from Missouri (out-of-state license) and I am in saint Louis for an internship. I am getting a new car (2007 beater that gets me from point a-to-b). I am a little confused as to what my options are given:
- Can I purchase this car with an out-of-state license and a Missouri tag/plate for now? My internship won't be over for a few months.
- How do I get a statement of non-assessment? I am living in a friend's guest room.
submitted by KlaatuPlusTu
to StLouis [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 15:58 ShowMeSports MO Dui
I got my first and ONLY dui I will ever get a couple weekends ago. I am absolutely devastated and torn to pieces that I was so stupid and thought I was okay to drive. Nothing crazy with mine though luckily. No accident nothing like that. They just said I didn't maintain my lane. I politely refused questions and didn't blow. Spent a couple hours at the jail before my wife came and got me and I had to feel her wrath. Since then she has been super supportive because she can see I have real remorse and know what I did was wrong. I drive a company vehicle for a very small business and I will have to get with my boss and explain what has happened and beg she lets me keep my job. Few questions for you guys who have went through this. My auto policy is up for renewal next month. I have my home owners and both cars with them. Travelers. What is the chance they drop my auto policy? I generally just do a 12 month policy and pay it in full everytime but since my license will be suspended by then what should I expect and what options do I have? I have to keep full coverage on my vehicle or my lienholder will force place insurance on it. I have hired a lawyer ($2500) that is going to put in for an admin review with the DMV and put a stay on my license until the hearing. Does that have any effect? Also, as a first time offender with no criminal history other than the occasional speeding ticket what should I expect as far as punishment goes? I would be okay with just about anything as long as I can get my license back as that is how I provide for my family. On the flip side I know I have to face the consequences for my actions. I just hope this doesn't ruin my life. I am not sure I have ever felt this low. The mental side of this is absolute hell so if anyone has any suggestions on how to combat that as well that would super helpful.
submitted by ShowMeSports
to dui [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 06:54 SpartanJ5 Texas DV plates - placard renewal
I received the blue disabled placard when I first got my DV plates. Just noticed my placard expired 3 months ago due to receiving a warning card on my vehicle. When looking at the new rules to get a new placard it appears your VA doctor needs to fill out a form and have it NOTORIZED. Has anyone had to go through this process and do VA clinics have someone on staff who actually notorizes these docs? Seems like a huge inconvenience and waste of time. Should I take my chances and appear at the DMV with my 100% P&T letter and hope for the best or is it a non-starter since they now need this NOTORIZED form?
submitted by SpartanJ5
to Veterans [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 03:32 tm19999 Driver License renewal issues after undergraduate STEM-OPT expiration and graduate program start date
I’m not sure if you any of you have encountered this issue. I’m on F-1 transitioning from the end of their Undergraduate STEM-OPT to their graduate program start date. I just received my I-20. The problem now is at the Indiana bmv/dmv.
My stem-opt expired on 6/7/23 and my graduate program start date is 8/10/23. My driver license expired on 6/7/23 in accordance with my STEM OPT/EAD expiration.
How can I drive between 6/7/23 and 8/10/23? The BMV/DMV is refusing to renew my driver license until we get to the program start date. There has to be a way!
Any help would be appreciated!
submitted by tm19999
to f1visa [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 03:28 tm19999 Driver License renewal issues after undergraduate STEM-OPT expiration and graduate program start date
I’m not sure if you any of you have encountered this issue. I’m on F-1 transitioning from the end of their Undergraduate STEM-OPT to their graduate program start date. I just received my I-20. The problem now is at the Indiana bmv/dmv.
My stem-opt expired on 6/7/23 and my graduate program start date is 8/10/23. My driver license expired on 6/7/23 in accordance with my STEM OPT/EAD expiration.
How can I drive between 6/7/23 and 8/10/23? The BMV/DMV is refusing to renew my driver license until we get to the program start date. There has to be a way!
Any help would be appreciated!
submitted by tm19999
to USCIS [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 01:47 vegangirl21 Got my driver’s license in the mail today
Hi everyone I don’t know if this is allowed I checked the rules and this seemed allowed!
I just got my driver’s license in the mail. I paid for the real ID because I travel often and I didn’t have my license yet until last month! I had just my identification and I had the real ID. It doesn’t expire until 2025.
Anyways I used to be an organ donor but decided when I got my DL I would remove myself.
So I paid for the real ID and on my application for my DL I removed myself from the donor list.
When I open my DL it was not the real ID and I’m still a donor.
They took my permit papers when I went to the DMV 2 weeks ago. Can I call and see if they can help me? I’m moving to another state for University in 2 weeks too. I’m just debating on keeping my Identification card since that has the real ID and I will fly often with that (my passport is being renewed and I’m waiting for it)
Sorry this is a long post but I’m scared I’ll have to pay again which isn’t a big deal I’m just annoyed by all of this. Do you think they can see in the system that I paid for it if I call the 1800 number?
submitted by vegangirl21
to DMV [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 00:41 sindlass I think the DMV clerk forgot to charge me?
I went in to DMV (California) today to renew my dads car registration. There ended up being a ton of late fees since we weren’t driving the car at all since 2020. It totaled out to be around $900. I said ok and pulled out my card.
The clerk printed out the new registration, handed it to me, it says PAID, then told me to visit a different counter to get my sticker. Didn’t ask for my card.
I picked up the sticker, expecting to pay there but wasn’t asked to. I got the new registration and sticker. It’s weird to me because I’m used to paying there on the spot before I get any documents.
If there’s a card on file, it’s probably old? No one asked which card to use or if any existed..
submitted by sindlass
to NoStupidQuestions [link] [comments]
2023.06.10 00:36 jaco_666 EveryPlate codes
2023.06.10 00:25 West_Height204 Reinstate Car in NYS after insurance lapse penalty served
I have gotten an insurance lapse in NYS for more than 90 days without insurance. I had returned the plates, and now the suspension days has been fully served. I want to get my car back on the road and be able to drive again. I have learned pieces of information on what are things that I need to do. But if anyone will be kind enough to help, I would like to know what are the steps and amount of time it will take for the whole process.
Below are what I know so far: 1st. I need to get my full insurance back for the car (it is still on a loan) 2nd. I need to fill up the form MV82 (DMV MV82 FORM
3rd. My driver license 4th. My title of the vehicle 5th. After bringing all these to DMV, I will get a license plate and registration immediately. (I will get it in person and not through mail) 6th. I will have to get my car inspected within 10 days since I will get a 10 days inspection temp.
My questions is: 1st. Is there anything that I mentioned above that is incorrect? 2nd. What is the approximate time it will take. 3rd. What will be the approximate cost for the process. 4th. I do have a time constraint where I will only have approximately 10 days to get the car back on road and I will be out of NYS for a few months. Is there anything else that I need to know when solving this issue?
submitted by West_Height204
to DMV [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 23:50 No_commentg Azure knight
| || |
Head: Heartfire Sentinel's Forgehelm submitted by No_commentg to Transmogrification [link] [comments]
Shoulders: Obsidian Gladiator's Plate Shoulders
Chest: Obsidian Gladiator's Plate Plastron
Waist: Hidden Belt
Legs: Vicious Gladiator's Scaled Legguards
Feet: Vicious Gladiator's Greaves of Meditation
Wrist: Unchained Gladiator's Plate Wristguards
Hands: Obsidian Gladiator's Plate Gauntlets
Back: Hidden Cloak
Main Hand: Ashbringer
Tabard: Azure Renewal Tabard
2023.06.09 22:56 bigM337 My spouse wants a list of the issues that make my belief in the truth claims impossible
So I wrote this. Recycled ideas, but eventually all of this will be cited. It's basically my own CES Letter. The formatting is weird because this is coming over from Notion.
I had to write this out to start my own deconstruction anyway, but giving it to my spouse will be interesting. Read it if you want. Critique it if you want. I just had to get this out into the universe.
Disavowed teachings and behavior of former prophets and leaders.
- The concept that the Church can lie to you
- Rather than being told the entire truth about Joseph Smith’s death, we are told that he is innocent of any crime and that he went to deliver himself up. The truth of the matter is, Joseph Smith was in jail for destroying the property of William Law, who was creating a newspaper called the Nauvoo Expositor. He ordered the printing press be destroyed and violated the first amendment, as well as destroying another’s property. The newspaper exposed polygamy and many of the other immoralities of the Church. On the surface, this lie doesn’t seem egregious, but D&C 135 section mentions that Joseph was a martyr for the religion, and I was always taught this. However, he didn’t deliver himself up to be killed and it wasn’t because he was a “mormon”; it was because he broke the law and had angered a mob. All of this was a direct result of him practicing polygamy and yielding so much power.
- The method of translating the Book of Mormon was largely misrepresented to me as a youth, missionary, and young adult. I was always taught, whether through art or articles, that Joseph used the Gold Plates to translate the Book of Mormon.
- However, upon widespread discovery of further quotes and scrutiny, in 2014 the Church admitted that the translation was done through a rock and a hat. This is justified by quoting the Book of Mormon where it talks about bringing forth a stone to shine forth in the darkness. (Alma 37:23-24). The methods of translation accounts differ from each other. Martin Harris saying they were done by sitting across the table. Oliver Cowdery saying it was done by the urim and thummim or two stones and spectacles. To be clear, I am okay with some ambiguity surrounding the translation, or it being by the power of God. What I’m not okay with is the church deceiving how it was done until the internet era forced them to release the Gospel Topic Essays on this subject.
- The implementation of polygamy. a. Left ambiguous for a reason. How Joseph Smith, Brigham Young, Wilford Woodruff, Heber C. Kimball and many other high ranking church members took many wives including teenage wives. The church’s essay on this topic refers to Helen Mar Kimball, a 14 year old, as “several months before her 15th birthday.” In fact, they even say that Helen said it was for “eternity alone” but that is an out of context poem from Helen’s journal. There is no proof of sexual relations, but there are proof in many other relatoinships, including Fanny Alger, Joseph’s first “wife” that Oliver Cowdery called a filthy affair. He was excommunicated partly due to that statement. b. Joseph Smith wrote a letter to 19-year old Nancy Rigdon propositioning her to marry him after she denied his appeal in 1842. This letter is quoted in General Conference many times over the years, “Happiness is the object and design of our existence, and will be the end thereof if we pursue the path that leads to it; and this path is virtue, uprightness, faithfulness, holiness, and keeping all the commandments of God.” He then goes on to tell her that we cannot obey the commandments if we don’t know them and what seems wrong, can actually be right in certain circumstances. He quotes the times God has contradicted Himself in the scriptures. This letter is gross. Note that it comes right before the plural marriage revelation D&C 132. c. Joseph claimed that an angel with a drawn sword made him marry Zina Huntington Jacobs, despite her engagement to Henry Jacobs. He sent Henry on missions. She did stay faithful and was eventually sealed to Brigham Young, who also subsequently sent Henry Jacobs on missions. d. This doesn’t even take into account the actions of preceeding prophets who were married to dozens of women, sealed to hundreds, and many of them were underage. Wilford Woodruff for instance sealed himself to a 6 year old girl who had passed away, inexplicably. Maybe he didn’t know? Maybe he did? Who knows.
- D&C 132- Joseph Smith was sealed to over 20 wives before being sealed to Emma. He denied being polygamous publicly multiple times and the relief society (of which, Emma was president) wrote a letter condemning polygamy, while one of the presidency members was sealed to Joseph.
- Law of Sarah was violated before it was ever implemented
- Joseph performing a second marriage to the Whitney sisters after Emma approved it.
- Women must be virgins, while Joseph was married to other married women (at least 2).
- Abraham was not commanded by God to practice plural marriage, he was asked by Sarah to marry Hagoth because Sarah was barren.
- Additionally, Jacob condemns polygamy in the Book of Mormon but then God okays it in the D&C 132, both of them specifically citing the examples of Soloman and David.
- Plural marriage is the “new and everlasting covenant” implying that plural marriage in the celestial kingdom will be the new and everlasting covenant and required.
- 5. Historicity of the Book of Abraham There is an entire Gospel Topics Essay on this but the background is as follows. A guy named Michael Chandler shows up in Kirland with mummies and a bunch of scrolls. They were unearthed by Napoleon’s raiding of the Egyptian catacombs. Joseph believes that they are scrolls that contained writings of Abraham. He begins translation in 1835 and publishes it in May of 1842. The odds that these mummies, coming from a salesman who had a lot to gain, containing the written word of Abraham has always seemed really fortunate. In the Pearl of Great Price, the heading says they are penned by “the hand of Abraham” but according to scholars in and out of the church, they were written much later. “These fragments date to between the third century B.C.E. and the first century C.E., long after Abraham lived.” Not only is it not written by Abraham’s hand, it is also not anything to do with Abraham. In Joseph’s time, the Rosetta Stone had not been widely discovered. He began translating this book and now, experts know that these are standard funerary texts. The Facsimiles (pictures) have nothing to do with the sacrifice of Abraham. Everyone virtually agrees that what is on the remains of the scroll (most of which was lost in the Chicago fire but then recovered), is not what Joseph translated. This casts a large shadow of doubt on Joseph’s ability to translate. The Church is admitting that Joseph translated incorrectly. The only way to reconcile this is that Joseph used these scrolls to channel the Spirit to record what is in the Book of Abraham today. The doctrines in Abraham largely expand on the Genesis story but go deeper in doctrines about plurality of Gods and the creation of the universe and stars. Some of this goes against the Book of Mormon’s view of God. The Authenticity of the Book of Mormon
- This is arguably the largest domino that needs to stay in place. Here are a few quotes demonstrating the absolute necessity of the Book of Mormon being an authentic history of the peoples on this continent.
- “The Book of Mormon is God’s compelling witness of the divinity of Jesus Christ, the prophetic calling of Joseph Smith, and the absolute truth of this Church.” - Tad R. Callister
- “The Book of Mormon is the most important religious text to be revealed from God to man ‘since the writings of the New Testament were compiled nearly two millennia ago.’ Joseph Smith declared the Book of Mormon to be “the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion.” It is the only book that the Lord Himself has testified to be true.” - President Nelson
- “I testify that one cannot come to full faith in this latter-day work—and thereby find the fullest measure of peace and comfort in these, our times—until he or she embraces the divinity of the Book of Mormon and the Lord Jesus Christ, of whom it testifies…and if he or she leaves this Church, it must be done by crawling over or under or around the Book of Mormon to make that exit. In that sense the book is what Christ Himself was said to be: “a stone of stumbling, … a rock of offence,” a barrier in the path of one who wishes not to believe in this work.” - Jeffrey R. Holland.
- "All that we have, all that we do hinge on the truth of that account of the boy Joseph Smith. If it is true, then everything that we have in this Church is true and is more precious and worth more than anything else on earth. If it is false, we are engaged in the greatest fraud that was ever perpetrated on earth.” - Gordon B Hinckley
- So with all that being said, this is my biggest stumbling block. I will begin with my own issues with the book that happened long before I was ever introduced to anything outside of approved Church material.
- The Sermon on the Mount given to the Nephites in 3 Nephi matches almost exactly to the one given in Matthew, with slight changes. He sets up a church similar to the one set up with Peter. But, the only issue is years later, Joseph Smith writes the JST and corrects different things in the Matthew version of the Sermon. But, if the Book of Mormon is the most correct book on earth, wouldn’t the writings have been exactly what the Savior meant?
- 2 Nephi 3 - Book of Mormon writes Joseph into the text relating a prophecy given to Joseph in Egypt, saying that a choice seer will be raised up and he will be named the Joseph after his father. 2 Nephi 3: 14-16
- There is a huge time lapse between Jarom and Omni to get us into Mosiah. 399 BC to 130 BC. The prophets basically write nothing and it seems like it’s just a transition to get to Mosiah.
- Ammon chopping off a ton of arms and all the people bring them to the king. The story of Ammon in general is crazy. The King is struck down for 3 days and his wife thinks he is dead. Then, Ammon converts this king who then goes and rescues Ammon’s brothers from another king.
- Other direct copies from the New Testament and Paul specifically found in the Book of Mormon. Moroni 7 is basically the same phrasing and concepts taught in 1 Corinthians 13. 2 Nephi 4:17 says “O wrteched man that I am” matches exactly to Romans 7:24.
- Alma the Younger’s story mirrors Paul the apostles history almost exactly. Both are destroying the church, get struck down by an Angel, go on to become amazing missionaries and even both appear before King’s and wicked people.
- The concepts taught in the Book of Mormon are basically christian. They are practicing Christianity as soon as middle of Mosiah, which is like 100BC. They are baptizing and confirming with the Holy Ghost. However, since Christ hadn’t fulfilled the law of Moses and they should’ve been practicing the Mosaic law. The book contains basically zero Mosaic and Hebrew traditions, which Lehi and his family would have been sharply familiar with. Instead, they practice Christianity before Jesus had even been born or practiced the Atonement.
- Joseph Smith almost never quotes from it. In fact, I’ve searched and searched and only found him reference it maybe once or twice. If this book is so important, shouldn’t it had been quoted from extensively. It doesn’t become a huge focus until basically the 1980s with Ezra Taft Benson started “flooding the earth with the Book of Mormon.” I’ve read Brigham Young’s entire Discourses of Brigham Young and he rarely mentions the Book of Mormon. While this proves very little, it just intensifies the idea to me that Joseph wrote it and did not consider it authentic scripture, even for himself.
- King Zedekiah Problem - The timeline of when Nephi left Jerusalem in the reign of King Zedekiah in preparation for the destruction of Jerusalem. But, King Nebuchednezzar had already invaded Judah twice by 599BC., two years prior to the Book of Mormon. He then Installed Zedekiah (formerly known as Mattaniah) as King of Jerusalem (2 Kings 24:11-18). So what does this mean?
- I will leave out the potential influences here because I do not think they are helpful nor likely to be true source material for the Book of Mormon. I think they are largely speculation and created just to create doubt without much validity or true sources. Do we know if Joseph accessed these works? Not really. But, it’s possible. There are a myriad of other problems with the Book of Mormon when examined scientifically, but that doesn’t really bother me so much. The church has an essay on DNA of Israelites not being in “Lamanite” or native american blood, despite many church leaders preaching that for years. It’s even included in the Book of Mormon title page until like 2006 or something. Additionally, Joseph Smith almost never quotes or teaches from the Book of Mormon. If it’s the most correct book of any on the earth, why is he not basing his sermons off these stories and scriptures?
- The Book of Mormon require that 3 key events from the Bible be literal events: a global flood in the times of Noah that covered the entire earth, Adam and Eve in the garden, and different languages occuring because God cursed people at the Tower of Babel.
- When I read the Book of Mormon, if I view it from a purely protestant view, it matches up doctrinally. In fact, it matches more purely with a presbyterian or methodist view of the atonement and doctrines (including the original trinitarian concepts taught in the Book before changes by Joseph Smith in 1837, eight years after the Book of Mormon was published and his first vision account that mentions God and Jesus being separate beings)
- The Charles Anthon Story is posed as a faith promoting story and prophecy fulfillment of Isaiah 29:11-12, where the learned wouldn’t be able to read a sealed book. So here’s the Church Narrative as found in JSH.
- Once i take off my believing member hat and look at this story objectively, it looks to me like complete and total BS. I am honestly insulted that this was taught and passed off to me as some amazing prophecy of Isaiah that was passed on to me.
- Brigham Young
- Adam-God theory was taught in the temple and considered straight doctrine by the “prophet” Brigham Young.
- Blood Atonement was also taught in the early Utah days
- Brigham taught that no man can receive the highest exaltation without taking on extra wives.
- Brigham young definitely was in approval (either before or after) of the Mountain Meadows Massacre, which is the slaughtering of innocent immigrants heading west. They luckily spared the smallest children and raised them Mormon. He scapegoated John D Lee who suffered the death penalty, despite being rewarded with “wives” by Brigham Young prior to that. Hmmmm
- Blacks and the Priesthood
- So so so many quotes could go under here talking about how black people would never receive priesthood or temple covenants. The list could go on. I don’t need to repeat them all but in the Gospel Topics Essays, the Church disavows all racist teachings from the past.
- Book of Mormon and Abraham still talk about the curse of dark skin. The Lamanites are cursed but then will become “white and delightsome” as they repent (according to Spencer W. Kimball)
- How many prophets were completely wrong on this topic? Even after the Civil Rights movement which was going on 15 years earlier. The Church always seeems to be a step behind.
- Again, I could write a book on how much early leaders emphasized the heavenly requirement for a man to have multiple wives.
- Wilford Woodruff was sealed to like a 200 something wives on his birthday, including a six year old who had passed away. This can be found on FamilySearch
- The leaders of the Church didn’t stop practicing polygamy until around 1910, which is 20 years after the Manifesto, forced upon them by the US Government. This policy change wasn’t inspiration — to was a matter of the Mormons keeping their stuff or not.
- Age of the Earth — Joseph Smith says that the earth has a temporal existence of 7,000 years before it will receive it’s eternal glory. This was a common thought back then and ties back into the Old Testament timeline. I was taught this in Seminary. Going back to Adam and Seth, then to Abraham and to modern day. It all lines up so that the Second Coming will be happening soon.
- Adam + Eve — This one is very hard for me to get past because the proof is indisputable: human life did not begin 6,000 years ago by two human beings. There was physical death long before it was introduced by the partaking of the forbidden fruit. It is fact. To deny it would be like denying that the Earth is round or orbits the Sun. So is this an allegory? Well Joseph Smith down to current general authorities have taught that this is LITERAL. The temple clearly emphasizes this. This is something BIG to get wrong. Considering Joseph Smith taught that it happened in the garden of Eden which was in Missouri.
- Noah’s Ark — This has to be literal as it is in the Book of Mormon as a fact. It’s also been “revealed” to have been a literal, global flood that covered the earth and cleansed the earth of all inhabitants. We also have doctrine in our church that says modern day revelation has confirmed this fact. But, this “story” is largely based on the Babylonian tale “The Epic of Gilgamesh.” It was recorded before the Hebrew Bible recorded the tale of Noah. The stories are earily similar and there are so many throughout other cultures of a great flood. Maybe that makes it more likely? Or maybe it was just a prevailing thought in that time period. Either way, scientific evidence knows that Noah’s Ark never happened because a huge flood never happened. And ask yourself, how in the world would they get all the animals on a boat? Is this really realistic?
- Tower of Babel — This is the genesis of the Jaredites. The Lord was confounding the language of the people, so the Brother of Jared goes and asks that they are spared. Eventually they are led to the Americas (which has a host of other problems). But, this story has to be literal because that’s exactly what’s happening in the Jaredite civilization to lead them to cross the ocean. But language evolved over tens of thousands of years and had nothing to do with a tower in around 2500 BC.
- Evolution — This fact goes along with Adam and Eve. Modern day prophets have disavowed this fact. In fact, Joseph Fielding Smit said “If evolution is true, the church is false” in Doctrines of Salvation, which was written while he was the prophet.
- Sexual Assault Cover Ups - This one is pretty self explanatory. There are hundreds of occasions and the most recent ones in the news are pretty disgusting. The fact that the Church didn’t report, and had systems in place to protect itself rather than the victims, makes me sick.
- First Vision Accounts - In many Church media films and the way I was taught at a young age, Joseph had the first vision and then was mocked by the people of Palmyra for believing in visions. I had not idea that this was not the case. In fact, Joseph never wrote anything down until 1832. The accounts from 1832, 1835, 1838, and 1842 paint a picture of someone who was expanding, molding, and letting this vision evolve. The reasons why he went out to pray in the trees changes. First, it’s to receive a remission of his sins. He also says in that account that he’s already concluded that the church’s of his day are fallen. Then it evolves. He also says the Lord appears. Then it’s angels. Then it’s the Lord and His Father. He mentions that it had never entered his heart that they were all wrong in the Canonized JSH we have in the Pearl of Great Price. But, then he says he already knew they were wrong in earlier versions? In fact, Asa Wild and Norris Stearns have visions in 1815 and 1823 in the same area as Joseph Smith and the verbiage used is similar. Norris Stearns says, “At length, as I lay apparently upon the brink of eternal woe, seeing nothing but death before me, suddenly there came a sweet flow of the love of God to my soul, which gradually increased. At the same time, there appeared a small gleam of light in the room, above the brightness of the sun, then at his meridian, which grew brighter and brighter: As this light and love increased, my sins began to separate, and the Mountain [of sin] removed towards the east. At length, being in an ecstasy of joy, I turned to the other side of the bed, (whether in the body or out I cannot tell, God knoweth) there I saw two spirits, which I knew at the first sight. But if I had the tongue of an Angel I could not describe their glory, for they brought the joys of heaven with them. One was God, my Maker, almost in bodily shape like a man. His face was, as it were a flame of Fire, and his body, as it had been a Pillar and a Cloud. In looking steadfastly to discern features, I could see none, but a small glimpse would appear in some other place. Below him stood Jesus Christ my Redeemer, in perfect shape like a man-His face was not ablaze, but had the countenance of fire, being bright and shining. His Father’s will appeared to be his! All was condescension, peace, and love!”
Ultimately, all of these issues paint a picture, right? The character flaws and mistranslations of Joseph Smith, along with the setting in which he was raised all take away from his prophetic ability. There are more issues that I haven’t even touched on. LGBT issues, the treatment of women, the kinderhook plates, etc. There are more issues touched on in the CES Letter. But, these are things that stick in my mind when I try to imagine believing the Church is true again.
I believe Joseph Smith started writing the Book of Mormon to make money. Then, when it got close to publishing, he decided to start a religion. With the help of Sidney Rigdon, the Church grew and he introduced different aspects of "the Restoration" and eventually the power went to his head.
Being "prophet" brought him three things key for cult leaders. Money. Sex. Power. He got his living taken care of and people built him a house. He had around 40 polygamous wives and preyed on underage girls. He was dubbed king of the world by the Council of the 50 and was Mayor of Nauvoo.
How can I conclude anything other than him being a cult leader? This barely even touches on Brigham and the subsequent prophets that made huge mistakes.
submitted by bigM337
to exmormon [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 22:37 JoshAsdvgi The Sacred Origin of Smoking
| || | submitted by JoshAsdvgi to Native_Stories [link] [comments]
The Sacred Origin of Smoking
Smoking is, of course, originally an American custom, and with the
Indians of North America possesses a sacred origin.
"Of the sacred origin of tobacco the Indian has no doubt, although scarcely two tribes exactly agree in the details of the way in which the invaluable boon was conferred on man. In substance, however, the legend is the same with all.
Ages ago, at the time when spirits considered the world yet good enough for their occasional residence, a very great and powerful spirit lay down by the side of his fire to
sleep in the forest.
While so lying, his arch-enemy came that way, and thought it would be a good chance for mischief; so, gently approaching the sleeper, he rolled him over toward the fire, till his head rested among the glowing embers, and his hair was set ablaze.
The roaring of the fire in his ears roused the good spirit, and, leaping to his feet, he rushed in a fright through the forest, and as he did so the wind caught his singed hair as it flew off, and, carrying it away, sowed it broadcast over the earth, into which it sank and took root, and grew up tobacco.
"If anything exceeds the savage's belief in tobacco, it is that which attaches to his pipe.
In life it is his dearest companion, and in death is inseparable; for whatever else may be forgotten at his funeral obsequies, his pipe is laid in the grave with him to solace him
on his journey to the 'happy hunting-ground.' '
The first pipe' is among the most sacred of their traditions; as well it may be, when it
is sincerely believed that no other than the Great Spirit himself was the original smoker.
"Many years ago the Great Spirit called all his people together, and, standing on the precipice of the Red Pipe-stone Rock, he broke a piece from the wall, and, kneading it in his hands, made a huge pipe, which he smoked over them, and to the north, south, east, and west.
He told them that this stone was red, that it was their flesh, that of it they might make their pipes of peace; but it belonged equally to all; and the war-club and the scalping-knife must not be raised on this ground.
And he smoked his pipe and talked to them till the last whiff, and then his head disappeared in a cloud; and immediately the whole surface of the rock for several miles was melted and glazed.
Two great ovens were opened beneath, and two women (guardian spirits of the place) entered them in a blaze of fire; and they are heard there yet, and answer to the invocation of the priests, or medicine-men, who consult them on their visits to this sacred place.
"The 'sacred place' here mentioned is the site of the world-renowned 'Pipe-stone Quarry.' From this place has the North American Indian ever obtained material for his pipe, and from no other spot.
Catlin asserts that in every tribe he has visited (numbering about forty, and extending over thousands of miles of country) the pipes have all been made of this red pipe-stone.
Clarke, the great American traveller,relates that in his intercourse with many tribes who as yet had had but little intercourse with the whites he learned that almost every adult had made the pilgrimage to the sacred rock and drawn from thence his pipe-stone.
So peculiar is this 'quarry' that Catlin has been at the pains to describe it very fully and graphically, and from his account the following is taken:
"'Our approach to it was from the east, and the ascent, for the distance of fifty miles, over a continued succession of slopes and terraces, almost imperceptibly rising one above another, that seemed to lift us to a great height.
There is not a tree or bush to be seen from the highest summit of the ridge, though the eye may range east and west, almost to a boundless extent, over a surface covered with a short
grass, that is green at one's feet, and about him, but changing to blue in distance, like nothing but the blue and vastness of the ocean.
"'On the very top of this mound or ridge we found the far-famed quarry or fountain of the Red Pipe, which is truly an anomaly in nature.
The principal and most striking feature of this place is a perpendicular wall of close-grained, compact quartz, of twenty-five and thirty feet in elevation, running nearly north and south, with its face to the west, exhibiting a front of nearly two miles in length, when it disappears at both ends, by running under the prairie, which becomes there a little more elevated, and probably covers it for many miles, both to the north and south.
The depression of the brow of the ridge at this place has been caused by the wash of a little stream, produced by several springs at the top, a little back from the wall, which has
gradually carried away the superincumbent earth, and having bared the wall for the distance of two miles, is now left to glide for some distance over a perfectly level surface of quartz rock; and then to leap from the top of the wall into a deep basin below, and thence
seek its course to the Missouri, forming the extreme source of a noted and powerful tributary, called the "Big Sioux."
"'At the base of this wall there is a level prairie, of half a mile in width, running parallel to it, in any, and in all parts of which, the Indians procure the red stone for their pipes, by digging through the soil and several slaty layers of the red stone to the depth of four or five feet.
From the very numerous marks of ancient and modern diggings or excavations, it would appear that this place has been for many centuries resorted to for the red stone; and from the great number of graves and remains of ancient fortifications in the vicinity, it would
seem, as well as from their actual traditions, that the Indian tribes have long held this place in high superstitious estimation; and also that it has been the resort of different tribes, who have made their regular pilgrimages here to renew their pipes.'
"As far as may be gathered from the various and slightly conflicting accounts of Indian smoking observances, it would seem that to every tribe, or, if it be an extensive one, to every detachment of a tribe, belongs a potent instrument known as 'medicine pipe-stem.'
It is nothing more than a tobacco-pipe, splendidly adorned with savage trappings, yet it is regarded as a sacred thing to be used only on the most solemn occasions, or in the transaction of such important business as among us could only be concluded by the sanction of a Cabinet Council, and affixing the royal signature."
2023.06.09 20:54 BreadInaoven Mercedes Benz Sauber C9
The Sauber C9 (later named the Sauber Mercedes C9 or Mercedes-Benz C9) is a Group C prototype race car introduced in 1987 as a continuation of the partnership between Sauber as a constructor and Mercedes-Benz as an engine builder for the World Sportscar Championship. The C9 replaced the Sauber C8
The C9 was a development of Sauber's previous C8 design, retaining a monocoque that largely consisted of aluminium, although considerably stiffer and with numerous other improvements. The rear suspension changed from vertically positioned spring/damper units arranged over the top of the gearbox to a horizontal layout aligned with the longitudinal axis of the car. Aerodynamic changes included the repositioning of the combination of oil/water radiator to the nose of the car, which allowed the use of a modified splitter plate. Commensurate with the repositioning of the radiators, the large NACA ducts were removed from the top of the door sills. The rear deck had been considerably re-profiled and the rear wing was now mounted solely on a central support. Aerodynamically, the car had two configurations: one for sprint circuits and a low drag version for the 5.8 kilometre Mulsanne Straight at Le Mans. In its sprint configuration, it produced 2,222.1 kg (4,899 lb) of downforce at 320 km/h (200 mph) while generating 555.7 kg (1,225 lb) of drag. The sprint circuit configuration had a L/D ratio of 4:1 while the low drag version was around 3:1. The early engines were again prepared by Swiss engine specialist, Heini Mader, though this is now known to have been a cover for Mercedes back door involvement with the project later on. It had been progressively lightened with the use of a new crankshaft, higher efficiency KKK turbochargers and a liner-less block. It was a semi-stressed part of the chassis and ran a dry sump. There were no special qualifying engines and on 2.2 bar of boost it was said to be rated at "almost 800 hp (811 PS; 597 kW)". Maximum race boost was 1.9 bar. Maximum RPM was 7,000 but drivers generally kept to 6,500 during races. The torque curve was almost uniform between 3,000 and 6,000 rpm, giving the engine plenty of flexibility. The engine retained a cross plane crankshaft and the firing order was 1-5-4-8-6-3-7-2. Later M119HL engines were sourced from the Mercedes engine facility at Untertürkheim, supervised by Hermann Hiereth. The addition of 16 valve heads in 1989 took power up by about 20 hp (20 PS; 15 kW) to around 720 hp (730 PS; 537 kW) at 1.6 bar and 7,000 RPM. The increase in fuel efficiency meant absolute power could also be taken from just under 800 hp with 2.2 bar of boost to about 820 hp (831 PS; 611 kW).
For its debut season in 1987, the cars were run by Kouros Racing, named after the fragrance brand of its parent company, Yves Saint Laurent, although backed by Mercedes-Benz in a semi-official capacity. The deal was to last five races. The team managed a mere twelfth in the teams standings, scoring points in only a single round. For 1988, the sponsorship deal with Kouros was not renewed and the team was renamed Sauber Mercedes. This coincided with a change of senior management at Mercedes and the announcement in January by new deputy chairman Prof. Dr Werner Niefer that the company would support Group C sportscars. As a result, Mercedes was sponsored by AEG-Olympia – AEG being owned by Daimler-Benz at the time, effectively giving the team full factory support. The team's management was bolstered by former BMW M team manager Jochen Neerpasch and Swiss former driver Max Welti. They managed to finish second in the championship behind the Jaguar XJR-9 with five wins for the season. Unfortunately at the 24 Hours of Le Mans, the team suffered an embarrassing setback when they were forced to withdraw due to concern over their Michelin tyres after Klaus Niedzwiedz suffered a blow out at high speed.
Finally, in 1989, the car was able to achieve great success. Besides replacing the black colour scheme with Mercedes' traditional plain silver scheme and reducing AEG to the role of minor sponsor, the older M117 5.0 L turbocharged V8 engine was upgraded to the M119, which replaced steel heads with new four-valve aluminium heads. The engine had a Group C capacity equivalence of 8.454 litres. The C9 was able to win all but one race in the 1989 season, including the 24 Hours of Le Mans. During qualifying, the Baldi/Acheson/Brancatelli C9 recorded a speed of 400 km/h (248 mph) on the Mulsanne Straight. In spite of this, it was the car of SchlesseJabouille/Cudini which occupied pole position on race day. The Sauber C9s would go on to finish first, second and fifth in the race. Mercedes driver Jean-Louis Schlesser would end up taking the driver's championship that season.
The C9 would be replaced by the Mercedes-Benz C11 from the second race onwards of the 1990 season, when it took one final win in the first race
ategory Group C Prototype Constructor Sauber Motorsport Designer(s) Peter Sauber Heini Mader Leo Ress Predecessor Sauber C8 Successor Mercedes-Benz C11 Technical specifications Chassis Light alloy monocoque Suspension (front) Double wishbones, coil springs over shock absorbers, torsion bar stabilizer Suspension (rear) Double wishbones, push-rod operated coil springs over shock absorbers, torsion bar stabilizer Length 4,800 mm (189.0 in) Width 2,000 mm (78.7 in) Height 1,070 mm (42.1 in) Axle track 1,600 mm (63.0 in) Wheelbase 2,770 mm (109.1 in) Engine Mercedes-Benz M119HL 4,973 cc (5.0 L; 303.5 cu in) 90° V8 Twin KKK Turbos Mid, longitudinally mounted Torque 578.6 lb⋅ft (784 N⋅m) Transmission 5-speed Hewland Manual Power producing 720 to 820hp (545 to 611kW) at 7,000 rpm Weight 905 kg (1,995.2 lb) Fuel Bosch Motronic MP 2.7 Fuel Injection Tyres Michelin
submitted by BreadInaoven
to teenagers [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 19:29 azu-lyne routine changes
i know that bad adjustments to routine changing is a symptom of autism. however, does it also affect you so much that you panic and stress out because you feel so… “bored” or “empty”? i just graduated high school a week ago and the first couple of days afterwards, i was fine. but now, i feel agitated. i feel so empty. i wake up early and for the first time in a year, i don’t have to get dressed and go to school. and for the first time in 13 years, i don’t even have to go to school. i feel stunted.
i feel like i’m going insane a bit. that’s honestly an exaggeration, but sometimes it really does feel like that.
this morning, i went to the DMV to renew my drivers license. and i felt absolutely awesome. i did something early in the morning like i have been doing so for so long. when i came home, i felt really weird and out of place. this is just an example of i guess how i view it.
tldr: graduating high school and now being on summer break is making me lose my marbles and i feel weird and silly.
submitted by azu-lyne
to AutismInWomen [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 19:26 Machete-Rex License plate help
Hi I just recently moved to Florida from Louisiana. I got my plates changed, registered my vehicle, and got a new drivers license. The DMV did not ask for my LA plate and said I’ll have to see what LA would want me to do with it. However I’m not seeing what I should do online. Does anyone know?
submitted by Machete-Rex
to DMV [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 17:31 grey1169 New license plate
So the DMV is forcing everyone with 10 or older plates to get new ones. They are doing this because it might be hard to read the plates. Of course, for a nominal fee of $8.
I wonder why they don't go after the idiots that put blackout covers over their license plates?
submitted by grey1169
to WisconsinUs [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 15:10 heybeec Received: Rating & backpay
-Filed initial claim December 2022 -Rating of 70% granted June 6 (IDES, 30% DoD)
Ordered Partially Disabled Veteran plate at the DMV yesterday, and woke up to backpay today.
Now, I’m waiting for this medical retirement to be official on paper.
It’s unfortunate what’s been experienced, but this all feels a bit validating. It all feels surreal. You know?
submitted by heybeec
to VeteransBenefits [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 08:17 Mvnkie Is it possible to get an EA (expanded antique) license plate in Illinois without having an old car?
I really like the color and have a great plate idea. Unfortunately so don't have an old car. What ways can I go about getting the plate? Can I just ask at the DMV? Can I tip the person? Can I buy an old car and the qualify for the plate on my newer car?
submitted by Mvnkie
to LICENSEPLATES [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 07:27 Inside_Part102 AITA for yelling at my roomates?
AITA? I female (23) and 2 roommates female (22) and another female (20) have been living together for the past year and a half. The other two girls are very close friends. We live in a townhouse with three stories and four rooms. All rooms used to be filled until one roomate got married and moved out. I was able to quickly find another person and personal friend to fill her spot.
The relationship with the other two roomates to honest is not great. There are some underlying factors, like personality differences but the tension started to grow with one incident. One of the roomates asked if they could negotiate the amount they paid (525 for the entire bottom floor of the townhouse) a couple months after signing the contract. I said no, but if she would like to move into one of the cheaper rooms upstairs I would help her move. She said no, and that she didn’t want to move her stuff. The conversation escalated somewhat but decided I would pay for some storage on her floor to help her out with rent. She later asked me if I could pay more in rent, and when I said no, asked if we could up the price of the room (I had offered my personal friend to) without her knowing and make her pay more, even though she was going to be living in the smallest room.
So you get a better image of the dynamic I will say I struggle remembering to clean the dishes and take out the trash, but generally good about cleaning the common area after using it. This is something both roomates had issues with and I thought we had made compromises, i eating on paper plates and generally using less dishes to cut down on the amount. I had thought we were making decent progress until I heard from another roomate she wanted to move out, while unfortunate I was able to find another person to fill her space. About two weeks after I heard again through the other roomate she had changed her mind, and had to tell the person I found to fill her space I could not accommodate her.
Less than a month before the lease was to renew , I was notified that both were moving out and I would have rent increase by 925 dollars. I was somewhat relived though when they said they would help me find new roomates. While i found one person to fill a room I still needed the other one filled.
I am currently taking this on myself to prevent the other two roomates from having to pay, one is a grad student and the other a teacher (also going into the deal I had told them the original prices and didn’t want to go back on my word).
I had been asking my roomates over the past three weeks if they had any updates on the roomate situation with no one responding to it but responding to other questions. I asked one of the roomates directly and she said she had two leads, one of which I know so I reached to her directly and asked if she knew what her plans were (but she had found a place closer to work). I then asked my roomate if she had the contact of the other person so I could ask her directly, she said no because she was communicating with them though a mutual friend and had not heard from them in a week. I went to the other roomate and asked them if they had search for anyone to fill the space and she said no.
I became very frustrated at this and asked why she had not been looking. She said she had been busy looking at other apartments with her friend and had not had time, then explained she thought the other roomate and I had it figured out. I said we had not and re-iterated that she said she would look for roomates and she had not and that this was going to add an additional 400 dollars to my rent. (At this point I was getting frustrated and raising my voice) she looked at me flustered and told me to calm down (granted I should have because I was starting to yell at this point. She said that I should calm down because her and the other roomate had been helping me look despite leaving. After interjecting I said that she specifically said she had not been helping and not even telling me she had not been looking despite me asking for weeks. At this point the other roomate tried to defend her but realized I was so angry and shut the door in my face. I stormed out and when I had calmed down came back in and apologized for yelling. I said it was inappropriate that I yelled but felt like they were brushing off giving me a 925 dollar increase on my rent with five weeks notice. She said she would talk to me tomorrow, what should I expect, AITA?
submitted by Inside_Part102
to AITAH [link] [comments]