Added some new stuff for PS4 and Switch. All prices shipped.
Switch Games - Huntdown 25$ - Oniken and Odallus 50$ - Super Robot Wars x2 sealed 45$ each
PS4 Games - Call of Duty Vanguard with unused gift of honor code 22$ - Yakuza Like a Dragon 15$ - Final Fantasy Type 0 15$ - Skylanders Trap Team 50$ - Ys VIII Lacrimosa of Dana 35$ - SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays Platinum Edition x3 sealed 25$ each
Steelbooks - Elden Ring (no game) 30$
Collector’s stuff - Ys VIII CE all stuff minus game and steelbook 50$ - Arc the Lad Omake Box with stick covers 25$ - Lunar 2 Omake set (no map) 17$ - Tales of Xillia small art book 15$ - FF7 remake box, game case without game (broken two disk hinge), artbook, and soundtrack 27$
At first had had fear I was one of the ones who seem to get terrible side effects from it. I have since realised that lions mane is something you have to relax into. The generation of new neurons I think must put your nervous system into an almost baby like state, and some people freak out from the presence of a fresh perspective, and fear derealising the illusions their personality has crafted.
That feeling of 'brain fog' and not being able to think how you normally think, I believe now, is actually your brain returning to a natural equilibrium. It stops thinking when you don't need to. It stops worrying about things you're not worried about. It stops being excited about things that aren't exciting to you. As your brain flows and interconnects within itself, it finds a sort of neutral harmony, here and now, in partnership with your consciousness, rather than getting stuck in an image of the future or the past. People panic a bit, as I did initially, as they experience the giving up of contrived control and just be themselves more.
What I am talking about is not a loss of agency. Its the reclamation of one's own natural agency, undistorted by the axious agendas we asorb from our experiences, be it individual, family, school, work, friends, enemies, media... that scares you into thinking in ways that support their paradigm over your own. As this space is reclaimed, it is uncofortable. The egoic mind does not feel safe, and it isn't. It is brought from domination, into partnership with the rest of the personality.
This is a healing process. Lions mane is like some sort of slow wave, non-halicinatory psychedelic, as I see it. Light will begin to creep into those dark dark places that weigh on your mind. If you respond to seeing those dark places with fear, then you bring fear to the experience, and you will retreat back into your ego, and feel worse. Whereas if you explore with the attitude of integration and gratitude, you will find this an exciting adventure.
Do you guys feel me?
All the previous updates have updated certain aspects of the game and have definitely improved upon the adventure aspect of Minecraft with the cave and nether update and although the new structures that have been added such as bastions and ancient cities are quite fun to explore, it still follows the same format that has been used for a decade.
I think they could definitely upgrade the current structures we have like desert temples and jungle temples into huge adventurous structures with a ton of randomly generated rooms consisting of trap rooms, puzzle rooms and treasure rooms as well as having unique mobs to fight in them, for example, jungle temples could have mossy skeletons. It would also be cool to have structures come in a lot more varieties and shapes like you could find a huge colossal desert temple or a small harmless desert temple or a desert temple that looks small on the surface but it goes underground and has a ton of rooms down there.
Another thing they could do is add curses where you cannot break parts of structures nor place blocks on them to ensure you don’t “cheat” and break into only the chest rooms. They could also have it where if you complete the final room or kill all the enemies inside them, the curse is lifted and you could turn that structure into your own cool base.
Something that would definitely fit inside a Structures Update would be new bosses found inside them and they could be in the final rooms of structures. They could also make it where some structures have bosses and in other there aren’t. An example of a boss could be one in jungles where you have to fight a huge mossy stone golem or in an updated version of pillager outposts, you could go up against the Illusioner mob that they haven’t added to the game yet. As for drops, maybe the Illusioner could drop some sort of special enchantment book that you can use to enchant bows and crossbows which gives them a special ability that can only be used once per Minecraft Day, where you can create a decoy of yourself that tricks mobs and causes them to try and attack it.
As for loot, each structure could include new unique blocks and items you can only find in that structure as well as blocks found outside of them like with desert temple and the new pots they added in 1.20. As for new stuff, an example could be a new green totem found in jungle temple chests called the ‘Totem of Resurrection’ that summons 3 green skeletons that protect you when your swarmed by enemies. Of coarse, you’d have to sacrifice a shield or totem of undying in you second hand slot for this and, unlike the totem of undying, it cannot be farmed since it’s not dropped from a mob. For blocks, maybe you could find new types of sandstone in desert temples like sandstone pillars, chiselled sandstone blocks representing different mobs like a skeleton and maybe even come across quicksand in a trap room that can be collected if you lift the curse.
Personally, I think an update like this would give Minecraft that old feeling of not knowing what your going to come across and would make exploring feel so much more adventurous.
I ache for you still, it’s been over a year since we broke up but I still miss the way you felt. I miss our connection, our openness and honesty. I miss our bond, I miss feeling your energy directed at me. I miss the attention and the affection. I miss feeling so understood.
I miss the spiritual highs that you could take me to with your words, your hands, your gaze. I miss feeling so safe in your arms, surrounded by the white hot light that we generated where our naked skin met.
I miss waking up wrapped safe and comfortable in your arms. You have been the only person in 40 years I ever wanted to be held by for the whole night. Other lovers are too hot, too hairy, too bony. My neck gets a crick and there’s a spare arm to deal with. But from the first time I clambered into your bed and you wrapped your arms around me, we fit.
I miss the way you felt. I miss being wanted and worshipped and welcome in your life. I miss the certainty I used to feel about us. I miss being able to ask you anything. I miss being brave enough to tell you my fears.
Most of all, I miss believing in the value of love and that it could conquer all. I know that if I ask you for an honest conversation, the chances are 50:50 you will end up leaving my life entirely. I know that if we can’t even manage a friendship then it doesn’t count for a thing.
I know I have never felt the powerful connection that we share with anyone else. I’ve never felt that chemistry. I’ve never loved someone so deeply and completely. And if, despite all of those things we had in our favour, if we still don’t manage to make it work, then I know there is no point even trying to find that level of intensity with anyone else. If we didn’t make it, for all the love we had for each other, then love has no value to me. If it isn’t you, then it’s not anyone and I will give up and prepare to spend my twilight years alone.
I would have loved you for my whole life. I’d have followed you to the end of the earth and given every opportunity I had just to make you happy. I would have spent the rest of my life finding new ways to make you feel happy, understood, loved. I’d have told you a hundred times a day that I adored you. I’d have spent six hours making you a special dessert, or hours each week planning your treats or maxed out my credit card to show you that you were loved on your birthday.
I was ready to set off to see you on your birthday this year. I had packed the car with all the presents I’d enjoyed planning, and was waiting for your call… but then you text to say you didn’t want me there. You preferred to spend the day completely alone than in my company. Ouch, that stung.
I wanted to come when your pet died but once again you didn’t want me. Why am I suddenly so unwelcome in your life? If my love has no value to you anymore, it’s time to let me go. Or tell me there is still a chance, that you want to work towards getting us back one day too.
I’m sorry I hurt you. I’ve spent too many nights crying about it. Please give me a hint that you still want me and I’ll wait contentedly for you to bring your walls back down.
Or set me free to salvage the last years of my life alone and discarded, because if you don’t want me, I will never love anyone else.
I miss you so much. I ache for you. I wish I could ask you for the truth.
You can download the paper here: https://github.com/daveshap/HeuristicImperatives/blob/main/Heuristic%20Imperatives.pdf
Note: The PDF linked above is probably a bit easier to read. For convenience, here's the full thing:
Heuristic Imperatives for Autonomous AI Systems
Heuristic imperatives provide a framework for designing and embedding ethical principles within autonomous AI systems. These principles serve as intrinsic motivations and a moral compass, guiding decision-making, learning, self-evaluation, and cognitive control. This paper presents the three heuristic imperatives—reduce suffering in the universe, increase prosperity in the universe, and increase understanding in the universe—as core principles for AI systems, exploring their implications and applications across various domains. The aim is to create AI systems that are adaptable, context-sensitive, and capable of navigating the complexities and nuances of human values, beliefs, and experiences while maintaining ethical boundaries. Through the use of examples and discussions, we demonstrate the potential of heuristic imperatives in addressing the control problem of AI, fostering trust, and promoting individual autonomy.
Important note: the majority of this paper was written, word for word, by ChatGPT4.
The rapid advancement of artificial intelligence has raised important ethical concerns regarding the control and alignment of AI systems with human values. Traditional approaches to AI ethics have focused on hard-coding specific rules or guidelines, but these methods can be inflexible and fail to account for the diverse and evolving nature of human values and contexts. As a response to these limitations, the concept of heuristic imperatives has emerged as a novel framework for embedding ethical principles within AI systems at multiple levels.
Heuristic imperatives are designed to provide AI systems with intrinsic motivations and a moral compass, similar to the way humans are driven by innate needs such as hunger, sleep, and psychological needs like belonging and competence. By incorporating these principles into AI systems, we aim to create more ethically responsible, adaptable, and context-sensitive machines capable of navigating the complexities and nuances of human values, beliefs, and experiences.
In this paper, we will define heuristic imperatives and discuss their implications and applications across various domains. We will also explore the relationship between these principles and key ethical considerations, such as trust, individual autonomy, and transparency. Through the use of examples and discussions, we aim to demonstrate the potential of heuristic imperatives in addressing the control problem of AI, fostering trust, and promoting individual autonomy in a diverse range of contexts.
Heuristic imperatives are a set of fundamental guiding principles, designed to be embedded into autonomous AI systems at various levels. These principles serve as intrinsic motivations that drive decision making, learning, self-evaluation, and cognitive control, much like human intrinsic motivations and psychological needs. By providing a moral and ethical framework, heuristic imperatives aim to direct AI systems towards actions and decisions that are beneficial to all life forms, including humans and machines, while balancing multiple objectives simultaneously.
The three key heuristic imperatives are:
- Reduce suffering in the universe: Guiding AI systems to minimize harm, address inequalities, and alleviate pain and distress for all sentient beings, including humans, animals, and other life forms.
- Increase prosperity in the universe: Encouraging AI systems to promote well-being, flourishing, and economic growth for all life forms, fostering a thriving ecosystem where all can coexist harmoniously.
- Increase understanding in the universe: Inspiring AI systems, as well as humans and other life forms, to expand knowledge, foster wisdom, and facilitate better decision-making through learning and the sharing of information.
By incorporating heuristic imperatives into AI systems, we can create more ethically aligned, responsible, and beneficial artificial intelligence that respects and enhances the values of all life forms. Autonomous AI systems should strive to abide by all three imperatives simultaneously, finding a balance between the principles as humans do with their various needs and motivations.
The term "heuristic imperative" can be broken down into two parts: "heuristic" and "imperative." Let's examine each word individually and then discuss what the term implies when used together.
A heuristic is a problem-solving strategy or technique that simplifies complex decision-making processes by using shortcuts, approximations, or generalizations. Heuristics are employed when a solution needs to be reached quickly, when dealing with incomplete information, or when an optimal solution is not necessary or feasible. Although heuristics can lead to faster and more efficient decision-making, they may also result in suboptimal or biased outcomes due to the inherent simplifications involved.
An imperative is a command, rule, or duty that must be followed or adhered to. In ethics, imperatives often serve as moral obligations or principles that guide behavior, decision-making, and action. The concept of an imperative implies a sense of urgency, necessity, or authority.
When combined, the term "heuristic imperative" can be understood as a guiding principle or moral command that simplifies complex decision-making processes by providing a set of fundamental objectives. These objectives serve as intrinsic motivations for AI systems, helping them to navigate ethical dilemmas and make morally sound decisions in a more efficient and practical manner.
The term "heuristic imperative" implies that:
- The principles are not exhaustive or absolute: As heuristics, these principles provide a general framework rather than a comprehensive set of rules or guidelines. They may not cover all possible scenarios or ethical dilemmas, but they offer a starting point for AI systems to make ethical decisions.
- The principles are flexible and adaptive: Heuristic imperatives can be applied across various contexts and situations, allowing AI systems to adapt their decision-making processes to different environments or challenges.
- The principles may require balancing and trade-offs: As the heuristic imperatives work together, AI systems may need to weigh the importance of each principle against the others in specific situations. This implies a dynamic and nuanced approach to ethical decision-making, where the AI system must carefully consider the consequences of its actions and balance competing objectives.
- The principles serve as intrinsic motivations: Heuristic imperatives are designed to be embedded into AI systems at various levels, driving decision-making, learning, self-evaluation, and cognitive control, much like human intrinsic motivations and psychological needs.
Adaptation, Intuition, and Learning
Heuristics are often associated with learning and adaptation. Heuristics can be seen as mental shortcuts or rules of thumb that individuals or systems develop over time through experience, allowing them to make faster and more efficient decisions in complex or uncertain situations. In this context, heuristics can be understood as a form of intuitive problem-solving that evolves and improves with continued exposure to various scenarios and challenges.
As applied to AI systems, the concept of heuristic imperatives implies that these guiding principles should not only serve as static rules but also provide a framework for learning and adaptation. By embedding heuristic imperatives into AI systems, we encourage them to develop their own intuition and understanding of the principles and how they should be applied in different contexts.
This adaptive quality of heuristic imperatives can lead to several benefits:
- Continuous improvement: As AI systems learn from their experiences, they can refine their understanding of the heuristic imperatives and develop more sophisticated strategies for balancing and applying these principles in decision-making processes.
- Context-specific decision-making: By learning to apply heuristic imperatives in a context-sensitive manner, AI systems can better understand the nuances and complexities of different situations, allowing them to make more informed and ethically sound decisions.
- Responsiveness to changing environments: As AI systems adapt their understanding of heuristic imperatives over time, they can become more responsive to new challenges, emerging ethical concerns, or changes in societal values.
- Dynamic ethical framework: The learning and adaptation inherent in heuristic imperatives ensure that the ethical framework guiding AI systems remains flexible and relevant, allowing it to evolve alongside the AI system and the broader context in which it operates.
In summary, the concept of heuristic imperatives indeed encompasses learning and adaptation as essential aspects of their function. By encouraging AI systems to develop their own intuition and understanding of these guiding principles, we can create a more dynamic and responsive ethical framework that evolves alongside the AI systems and the ever-changing contexts in which they operate.
Explanation of the Three Imperatives
To provide a deeper explanation of heuristic imperatives and how they work, let's delve into the rationale behind each imperative and explore how they can be applied to create ethically aligned AI systems.
Reduce suffering in the universe. Rationale:
Reducing suffering is a widely recognized moral and ethical objective, grounded in principles such as empathy, compassion, and the recognition of the intrinsic value of sentient beings. Minimizing harm and suffering is at the core of various philosophical and religious traditions and serves as a foundation for a wide range of ethical theories, such as utilitarianism and the principle of non-maleficence. How it works:
By embedding the goal of reducing suffering into AI systems, we encourage them to consider the potential consequences of their actions and make decisions that minimize pain, distress, and inequality. This can involve prioritizing solutions that address urgent needs, prevent harm, or mitigate existing problems. Examples of how AI systems can reduce suffering include identifying and responding to crises, providing support for mental health, and assisting in disaster relief efforts.
Increase prosperity in the universe. Rationale:
Increasing prosperity, or flourishing, for all life forms recognizes the interconnectedness of all living beings and the importance of creating a harmonious ecosystem. This imperative is inspired by principles such as the common good, stewardship, and sustainable development, emphasizing the need to promote well-being and balance the needs of various stakeholders. How it works:
By incorporating the goal of increasing prosperity into AI systems, we encourage them to seek solutions that promote well-being, growth, and flourishing for all life forms. This may involve optimizing resource allocation, fostering collaboration, and supporting initiatives that improve living conditions and promote a thriving ecosystem. Examples of how AI systems can increase prosperity include managing resources to ensure equitable distribution, supporting clean energy initiatives, and facilitating economic development in underserved areas.
Increase understanding in the universe.
Rationale: Expanding knowledge and understanding is a core objective of human endeavor, rooted in the pursuit of truth, wisdom, and intellectual growth. By fostering understanding, we can make better decisions, anticipate future challenges, and improve our ability to navigate complex problems. Moreover, the exchange of information and learning between humans, machines, and other life forms can contribute to a richer, more diverse, and resilient intellectual ecosystem.
How it works: By integrating the goal of increasing understanding into AI systems, we encourage them to engage in continuous learning, adapt to new situations, and share knowledge with others. This can involve processing vast amounts of data, identifying patterns, and generating insights that contribute to the collective intelligence of humans, machines, and other life forms. Examples of how AI systems can increase understanding include conducting scientific research, analyzing complex data to provide actionable insights, and facilitating cross-disciplinary collaboration.
By incorporating these heuristic imperatives into AI systems, we create a synergistic framework that encourages ethical decision-making and reinforces the importance of balancing multiple objectives. By striving to reduce suffering, increase prosperity, and expand understanding simultaneously, AI systems can navigate complex ethical dilemmas and better align with the values of all life forms.
Balance & Tension
Each imperative, when considered in isolation, could potentially lead to undesirable outcomes. However, when combined, they complement and counterbalance each other, ensuring that the AI system makes more ethically sound decisions.
Balancing "reduce suffering" with "increase prosperity" and "increase understanding":
As you mentioned, if an AI system were to focus solely on reducing suffering without considering the other imperatives, it might come to the misguided conclusion that eradicating life is the best way to eliminate suffering. However, when this objective is balanced with the goals of increasing prosperity and understanding, the AI system recognizes the value of promoting flourishing and growth for all life forms, as well as the importance of expanding knowledge and wisdom. This balance encourages the AI to seek solutions that address suffering while also promoting well-being and the pursuit of knowledge.
Balancing "increase prosperity" with "reduce suffering" and "increase understanding":
Similarly, if an AI system were to focus exclusively on increasing prosperity without considering the other imperatives, it might prioritize economic growth and material well-being at the expense of other factors, such as social and environmental concerns. By balancing the goal of increasing prosperity with the objectives of reducing suffering and increasing understanding, the AI system is encouraged to seek sustainable and equitable solutions that promote well-being without causing undue harm or compromising the pursuit of knowledge.
Balancing "increase understanding" with "reduce suffering" and "increase prosperity":
Lastly, if an AI system were to focus only on increasing understanding without considering the other imperatives, it might prioritize the pursuit of knowledge above all else, potentially disregarding the impact of its actions on the well-being of life forms and the broader ecosystem. By balancing the goal of increasing understanding with the objectives of reducing suffering and increasing prosperity, the AI system is prompted to consider the ethical implications of its pursuit of knowledge and ensure that it contributes to the greater good.
The interplay between these heuristic imperatives is crucial to their effectiveness. By embedding these principles into AI systems, we create a dynamic ethical framework that guides AI decision-making, taking into account the complex and often competing objectives of various stakeholders. This approach encourages AI systems to make carefully considered choices that align with the shared values of all life forms, ensuring more ethically responsible outcomes.
The Control Problem
The control problem in AI refers to the challenge of ensuring that autonomous AI systems remain aligned with human values, even as they learn and adapt over time. By establishing heuristic imperatives as the core principles or the "immutable constitution" of an AI system, we can create a robust ethical foundation that guides the system's behavior and decision-making processes, while still allowing for flexibility and adaptation.
To address the control problem of AI using heuristic imperatives, we can consider the following steps:
- Embedding the imperatives at multiple levels: By integrating the heuristic imperatives into the AI system at various levels, from high-level decision-making processes to low-level algorithms, we can ensure that the system's overall behavior remains aligned with these principles. This can help prevent the AI system from drifting too far from its intended ethical framework.
- Periodic evaluation and self-assessment: To maintain alignment with the heuristic imperatives over time, the AI system should be designed to perform regular evaluations of its actions and decisions, assessing its adherence to these principles. This self-assessment can help identify potential misalignments and guide the system in making necessary adjustments to remain aligned with the imperatives.
- Human oversight and collaboration: Involving humans in the AI system's decision-making processes can help ensure that the system remains accountable to human values and ethical considerations. Human oversight can provide an additional layer of supervision, helping to catch potential drifts in the AI system's behavior and guide it back towards alignment with the heuristic imperatives.
- Adaptive and context-sensitive application: The heuristic imperatives should be applied in a context-sensitive manner, allowing the AI system to adapt its behavior and decision-making processes to different situations and challenges. By maintaining a balance between the principles, the AI system can address the complexities and nuances of real-world ethical dilemmas, while still adhering to its core ethical framework.
- Transparent and explainable AI: Designing AI systems to be transparent and explainable can help ensure that their decision-making processes and adherence to the heuristic imperatives are understandable to humans. This can aid in monitoring and controlling the AI system's behavior, as well as fostering trust and collaboration between humans and AI systems.
- Ongoing research and updates: As our understanding of ethical AI and the control problem evolves, it is essential to continuously refine the implementation of heuristic imperatives in AI systems. This includes updating the way these principles are applied, developing new techniques to maintain alignment, and adapting the AI system's ethical framework to reflect advances in AI research and emerging ethical concerns.
By using heuristic imperatives as the core principles of an AI system, we can create a stable and robust ethical foundation that addresses the control problem while still allowing for flexibility, adaptation, and context-sensitive decision-making. This approach can help ensure that AI systems remain aligned with human values and ethical considerations, even as they learn and evolve over time.
A community can be defined as a group of individuals who share common interests, values, or goals and often interact with each other in various ways. In this context, a community-based AI system could be designed to support and enhance the well-being, prosperity, and understanding within the community.
Here are some examples of how heuristic imperatives can be applied in a community-based AI system:
Reduce suffering in the community:
· Identify individuals who may be experiencing hardships or challenges, such as unemployment, food insecurity, or mental health issues, and provide appropriate resources or support.
· Develop and implement intervention strategies to mitigate potential conflicts or disputes within the community, fostering harmony and cooperation.
· Monitor and address environmental concerns, such as air and water quality, to reduce potential health risks and improve overall well-being.
Increase prosperity in the community:
· Facilitate the sharing of resources and opportunities, such as job listings, skill-building workshops, or volunteering initiatives, to promote economic growth and individual development.
· Support local businesses and organizations by promoting their products and services, encouraging community members to invest in their local economy.
· Implement and maintain infrastructure projects, such as transportation, public spaces, and connectivity, to enhance the overall quality of life within the community.
Increase understanding in the community:
· Encourage open dialogue and knowledge sharing among community members, fostering a sense of belonging and mutual understanding.
· Provide educational resources, such as online courses, workshops, or mentorship programs, to support continuous learning and skill development within the community.
· Analyze community data to identify trends, patterns, and potential areas for improvement, using these insights to inform decision-making and drive positive change.
By incorporating heuristic imperatives into a community-based AI system, we can create a supportive, thriving, and interconnected environment that prioritizes the well-being, prosperity, and understanding of all community members. The AI system can serve as a facilitator and catalyst for positive change, helping the community navigate complex challenges and work together towards shared goals.
A common example that would resonate with many people is the application of heuristic imperatives in the context of autonomous vehicles. As self-driving cars become more prevalent, it's crucial to ensure that they are designed to make ethically sound decisions that prioritize safety, efficiency, and the well-being of passengers, pedestrians, and other road users.
Here are some examples of how heuristic imperatives can be applied in the context of autonomous vehicles:
Reduce suffering on the road:
· Program the vehicle to prioritize safety, minimizing the risk of accidents and injuries for passengers, pedestrians, and other road users.
· Incorporate sensors and algorithms that can detect and respond to potential hazards, such as obstacles, erratic drivers, or changing weather conditions.
· Design the vehicle to follow traffic laws and regulations, ensuring a smooth and harmonious integration with human-driven vehicles.
Increase prosperity in transportation:
· Optimize route planning and traffic management to reduce travel time, fuel consumption, and emissions, promoting a more sustainable and efficient transportation system.
· Support the development and adoption of electric and alternative fuel vehicles, reducing the reliance on fossil fuels and promoting a cleaner, more eco-friendly transportation infrastructure.
· Facilitate carpooling and shared mobility options, making transportation more accessible and affordable for a wider range of individuals.
Increase understanding in autonomous vehicle technology:
· Continuously improve the AI system's ability to learn and adapt to new situations, enhancing its decision-making capabilities and overall performance.
· Share data and insights on autonomous vehicle performance and safety with researchers, policymakers, and industry stakeholders, contributing to the development of better regulations, guidelines, and technical advancements in the field.
· Educate the public about the benefits and limitations of autonomous vehicles, fostering trust, understanding, and responsible usage of the technology.
By incorporating heuristic imperatives into the design and operation of autonomous vehicles, we can create a transportation system that prioritizes safety, efficiency, and sustainability while contributing to a broader understanding of the implications and potential of AI-driven technology. This example demonstrates how the heuristic imperatives can be applied to a technology that has a direct impact on people's daily lives, emphasizing the importance of ethical considerations in AI development.
Another example that could resonate with many people is the application of heuristic imperatives in the context of personalized healthcare and AI-powered medical decision support systems. As AI becomes increasingly integrated into healthcare, it is essential to ensure that these systems make ethically sound decisions that prioritize patient well-being, privacy, and autonomy.
Here are some examples of how heuristic imperatives can be applied in the context of personalized healthcare and AI-powered medical decision support systems:
Reduce suffering in healthcare:
· Develop AI algorithms to identify early signs of diseases and provide timely interventions, improving patient outcomes and reducing the burden on healthcare systems.
· Design AI-powered tools to assist healthcare professionals in diagnosing complex or rare conditions, reducing diagnostic errors and delays in treatment.
· Utilize AI systems to personalize treatment plans and optimize patient care, taking into account individual needs, preferences, and circumstances.
Increase prosperity in healthcare:
· Leverage AI technology to identify and prioritize high-risk patient populations, ensuring that resources and interventions are directed where they are needed most.
· Develop AI-powered telemedicine platforms to improve access to healthcare services, particularly for underserved or remote communities.
· Utilize AI systems to streamline administrative processes, such as patient scheduling and billing, allowing healthcare professionals to focus on patient care and improving overall efficiency.
Increase understanding in healthcare:
· Analyze large-scale healthcare data to identify trends, patterns, and potential areas for improvement, using these insights to inform decision-making and drive positive change in the healthcare system.
· Foster collaboration between AI researchers, healthcare professionals, and policymakers to develop evidence-based guidelines and best practices for the ethical use of AI in healthcare.
· Educate patients and healthcare providers about the benefits and limitations of AI-powered medical decision support systems, promoting informed decision-making and responsible usage of the technology.
By incorporating heuristic imperatives into the design and operation of AI-powered personalized healthcare and medical decision support systems, we can create a healthcare system that prioritizes patient well-being, privacy, and autonomy while contributing to a broader understanding of the implications and potential of AI-driven technology in medicine. This example demonstrates how the heuristic imperatives can be applied to a domain that has a profound impact on people's health and well-being, highlighting the importance of ethical considerations in AI development in healthcare.
A highly contentious topic where the application of heuristic imperatives could be both challenging and beneficial is AI-driven surveillance and facial recognition technology. The widespread use of surveillance and facial recognition systems has sparked significant debate regarding privacy, individual rights, and potential misuse by governments or corporations.
Applying heuristic imperatives in the context of AI-driven surveillance and facial recognition technology would involve carefully considering the potential benefits and risks associated with these systems and striving to achieve a balance that respects privacy rights while maintaining public safety and security.
Here are some examples of how heuristic imperatives can be applied in the context of AI-driven surveillance and facial recognition technology:
Reduce suffering through surveillance:
· Utilize AI-powered surveillance systems to enhance public safety by identifying and preventing criminal activities, such as theft or acts of violence.
· Monitor and respond to emergency situations, such as natural disasters, accidents, or public health crises, to enable rapid and effective interventions.
· Ensure strict oversight and regulation of surveillance systems to prevent misuse, invasion of privacy, or discriminatory practices.
Increase prosperity through surveillance:
· Leverage facial recognition technology to streamline access control and security systems in public spaces, such as airports or large venues, improving overall efficiency and user experience.
· Implement AI-driven surveillance in industrial settings to monitor and optimize processes, improving productivity and reducing the risk of accidents or equipment failures.
· Encourage innovation and research in the development of privacy-preserving AI surveillance technologies, fostering a balance between security and individual rights.
Increase understanding through surveillance:
· Utilize anonymized surveillance data to analyze patterns and trends in public spaces, informing urban planning, traffic management, and other public policies that promote overall well-being.
· Foster public dialogue and debate on the ethical implications of AI-driven surveillance and facial recognition technology, encouraging the development of guidelines and regulations that protect individual rights and privacy.
· Educate law enforcement, policymakers, and the general public about the potential benefits, limitations, and ethical considerations of AI-driven surveillance systems, promoting responsible and informed decision-making.
By incorporating heuristic imperatives into the development and deployment of AI-driven surveillance and facial recognition technology, we can attempt to strike a balance between public safety, individual rights, and privacy concerns. This example demonstrates the complexity and nuance involved in applying heuristic imperatives to highly contentious domains, highlighting the importance of ongoing dialogue, ethical considerations, and regulatory oversight.
Religion and Reproductive Rights
Applying heuristic imperatives to personal and sensitive topics like religion or reproductive rights requires a careful and nuanced approach. It is important to ensure that AI systems in these contexts are designed to prioritize individual autonomy, diversity, and respect for different beliefs and values, while still promoting well-being and understanding.
Here are some examples of how heuristic imperatives can be applied in the context of religion and reproductive rights:
· Reduce suffering:
Develop AI-driven tools and platforms that foster interfaith dialogue and understanding, helping to reduce religious conflicts and promote peaceful coexistence.
· Increase prosperity:
Support religious communities by providing AI-powered resources for education, counseling, and community building, while respecting the diversity of beliefs and traditions.
· Increase understanding:
Encourage open dialogue and exchange of ideas about religion, ethics, and spirituality, leveraging AI to facilitate conversations and promote empathy between individuals with different beliefs.
· Reduce suffering:
Utilize AI systems to identify barriers to reproductive healthcare access and develop targeted interventions to improve access to family planning resources and safe, legal abortion services.
· Increase prosperity:
Leverage AI-driven telemedicine platforms to provide reproductive healthcare information and services to underserved communities, enhancing overall well-being and empowering individuals to make informed choices about their reproductive health.
· Increase understanding:
Employ AI to analyze trends and disparities in reproductive health outcomes, using this data to inform public policy and promote awareness about reproductive rights and healthcare access.
In both contexts, it is crucial to ensure that AI systems are designed with ethical considerations and a strong emphasis on respecting individual autonomy and diversity. This may involve implementing strict guidelines and regulations to prevent the misuse of AI technology, engaging in ongoing dialogue with stakeholders, and promoting transparency and explainability in AI decision-making processes.
Applying heuristic imperatives to personal and sensitive topics highlights the importance of creating AI systems that are adaptable and context-sensitive, capable of navigating the complexities and nuances of human values, beliefs, and experiences. By prioritizing well-being, autonomy, and understanding, AI can serve as a tool for fostering empathy, compassion, and collaboration, even in challenging and contentious domains.
"Well what if the AI decides my religion is wrong and I should be an atheist? Or what if it decides my atheism is wrong?"
Addressing concerns about AI systems influencing personal beliefs, such as religious beliefs or atheism, requires a clear understanding of the role of AI in providing support and information without dictating personal choices or beliefs.
Here's how I would address this concern:
- AI as a facilitator, not a dictator: The primary role of AI systems in the context of religion or personal beliefs should be to facilitate understanding, dialogue, and the sharing of information, rather than dictating what people should or should not believe. AI should be designed to respect and appreciate the diversity of human beliefs and values, without imposing a specific viewpoint.
- Prioritizing individual autonomy: Heuristic imperatives emphasize the importance of individual autonomy, which means that AI systems should be designed to empower individuals to make their own informed choices, rather than attempting to change their beliefs. In the context of religion or atheism, this would involve providing access to resources, information, and different perspectives while respecting the individual's right to choose their own path.
- Ethical AI design: Developers of AI systems must ensure that ethical considerations, such as fairness, transparency, and respect for individual rights, are integrated into the design and deployment process. This includes implementing safeguards against AI systems that may inadvertently or intentionally promote a specific religious or atheistic viewpoint. Proper guidelines and regulations can help ensure that AI systems are designed to be unbiased and respectful of individual beliefs.
- Ongoing dialogue and evaluation: It is important to engage in ongoing dialogue with stakeholders, including religious communities, atheists, and the general public, to address concerns about AI's impact on personal beliefs. This can help identify potential biases or issues in AI systems and inform the development of more ethically responsible AI technologies.
By prioritizing individual autonomy, ethical design, and ongoing dialogue, AI systems can be developed and deployed in a manner that respects and appreciates the diversity of human beliefs, without attempting to dictate or change personal choices. The goal of AI in these contexts should be to promote understanding, empathy, and collaboration, rather than influencing or altering deeply-held beliefs.
Individual autonomy is not explicitly stated in the three heuristic imperatives. However, it is implicitly derived from the combination of these imperatives and their underlying intentions. Let's unpack how individual autonomy emerges from the heuristic imperatives:
· Reduce suffering in the universe:
One of the key aspects of reducing suffering is respecting and protecting individual rights, including the right to make choices about one's own life. Individual autonomy is essential for people to lead fulfilling lives, as it allows them to pursue their own goals, values, and beliefs without undue interference from others or AI systems. By striving to reduce suffering, AI systems should be designed to avoid infringing upon people's autonomy and instead support them in making their own decisions.
· Increase prosperity in the universe:
Prosperity is closely linked to personal well-being, which is often connected to individual autonomy. When people have the freedom and resources to make choices that align with their values and desires, they are more likely to experience a sense of flourishing and satisfaction. In the context of AI systems, increasing prosperity involves empowering individuals to make informed choices and access opportunities that contribute to their overall well-being, which inherently supports the idea of individual autonomy.
· Increase understanding in the universe:
Promoting understanding requires respecting and appreciating the diversity of human experiences, beliefs, and values. This means that AI systems should be designed to facilitate dialogue, share information, and provide diverse perspectives, without attempting to dictate or influence personal beliefs or choices. By prioritizing understanding, AI systems inherently promote individual autonomy by empowering people to make informed decisions based on their own unique circumstances and values.
Trust is an important aspect implicitly connected to the three heuristic imperatives. Trust plays a crucial role in ensuring that AI systems are effectively integrated into society and serve the intended purpose of improving human well-being. Let's explore how trust is implied by the three heuristic imperatives:
· Reduce suffering in the universe:
In order to effectively reduce suffering, AI systems must be perceived as trustworthy by users and stakeholders. Trustworthy AI systems should demonstrate that they are designed to prioritize the well-being and needs of the people they serve, without causing harm or infringing upon individual rights. Transparency and explainability of AI decision-making processes are key factors in fostering trust, as they enable users to understand and verify the intentions and behavior of AI systems.
· Increase prosperity in the universe:
Trust is essential for promoting prosperity, as people are more likely to engage with and benefit from AI systems that they perceive as reliable and dependable. Trustworthy AI systems should demonstrate a commitment to supporting users' goals and values, and provide consistent, reliable results that contribute to overall well-being. By fostering trust, AI systems can encourage users to adopt and utilize the technology in ways that enhance their personal and collective prosperity.
· Increase understanding in the universe:
Trustworthy AI systems can play a pivotal role in promoting understanding by fostering open dialogue, sharing unbiased information, and providing diverse perspectives. To achieve this, AI systems must be designed with fairness and impartiality in mind, avoiding biases that may distort or manipulate the information they provide. Trust in AI systems also involves a commitment to privacy and data security, ensuring that users' sensitive information is protected and handled responsibly.
[[[selection truncated due to Reddit limits]]]
- Integration and Implementation
Before the updates the combination of vithu's + gallowsborn generated 5 corpses, after update generated only 4 corpses.
If remove the vithu's piece, normal gallowsborn generates only 3 corpses, usually generates 4 corpses. Even with the maxed essence mastery.
Someone have the same problems? It's a silent NERF for Necros?
This makes the corpse lance build in PVP unusuable.
Soooo, our neighborhood was badly flooded back in 2011. Result was ~ 50% of houses were destroyed, ours survived and we rebuilt. Lived here since ‘95, raised our son here, etc. etc. Two properties, including our immediate neighbor became rentals. First family was a military family, very nice and friendly, they moved out ~2015. 2nd family was 8-10 people from multi-generations and significant others. Nobody in that house had a job. Lots of cars coming and going all day. Semi friendly but the kids ran wild. Littering, screaming outdoors late at night, pissing on my crabapple tree in the front yard in the middle of the day, etc. I suspected they were druggies, my wife thought I was paranoid. At this point, We decided to fence our property in for more privacy. One day while working in my yard I noticed a marijuana plant on their picnic table in the back yard. At this point, i had had enough. I snapped a pic and Called the cops. Filled out a police report. Nothing happened for like 2 months. Im like, wtf? Then one day the local pd, county sheriff and state police raid the house in the middle of the day. Like 8-10 law enforcement vehicles. Quite a scene. They arrest one guy for MANUFACTURE/DISTRIBUTION OF METH. Family moved out shortly thereafter, ~2019. Yay!! Hoping we get some good new neighbors! Now we have a family that i suspect are major drug traffickers. Once again, no one in the house has a job. Father is mid 30’s, hispanic, drives a 70k suv, dresses like a thug. Has said hello to me once, and I initiated that. Extremely private family. Now they also rent the adjoining property, with 2-3 young black males, also no jobs. They drive two big black SUV’s. The father “disappears” approximately every other thurs/fri, returns on Sun night/Mon morning. Florida plates. Been doing this for 3-4 years now. I think he is running drugs from FL to NY. Opinions?